View Poll Results: Which units do you want to re-skin?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seleucids

40 19.90%
  • Ptolemies

27 13.43%
  • Macedon

42 20.90%
  • Athens

20 9.95%
  • Epirus

12 5.97%
  • Pergamum

7 3.48%
  • Syracuse

7 3.48%
  • Rhodes

9 4.48%
  • Pontus

15 7.46%
  • other...

22 10.95%
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: KLAssurbanipal's ROME 2 units packs - general discussion

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: KLA's new IMPERIAL ROMANS skinpack (mini-preview of new helmet missed by CA!)

Hi KLA ,do your mod includes officers ? signifers ? Vexillifers ?at least a remodded Centurio as well ?

it would be really great if you could implement those in the game..

Langer Kerl's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: KLA'S Skinpack - SPARTAN UNITS - The first complete re-skin of Spartan army

IŽll use the version with the Corinthian helmets simply because I view units like "Spartan Heroes" as a hommage to the glorious times of old, rather than a unit using the best military equipment of the day. Those helmets maybe were not really in use by anyone, however I could see a small group of elite forces aiming for this older style when Spartan martial prowess was unmatched. If every unit of the Spartan rooster used these helmets, that indeed would look rather silly - this way, however, when Corinthian helmets are only used as a status symbol for officers and the low-on-numbers fighting elite to honor the Spartans of old, I think they fit in quite well and provide the iconic Spartan look while still being plausible enough. It also fits with the representation of many Generals on the campaign map, who wear Corinthian helmets.

Gorgeous work, seems to work well and looks stunning!
    Last edited by Langer Kerl; September 16, 2013 at 08:02 AM.

Default Re: KLA'S Skinpack - SPARTAN UNITS - The first complete re-skin of Spartan army

Totally brilliant work! I love your take on the Hellenic troops, they look really good!
    Originally Posted by Tyer032392:
    "The problem about having troops killing soldiers is that if CA implemented that, than they will earn the ire of Jack Thompson, and that is something CA doesn't need. If anyone doesn't know who he is, google "Jack Thompson"."

Default Re: KLA's new IMPERIAL ROMANS skinpack (mini-preview of new helmet missed by CA!)

Hi! I get an issue with the Imperial gallic G textures.

http://i71.servimg.com/u/f71/14/74/46/54/bug310.jpg

I use others mods but i tried to run the game whitout them and i got the same issue. I have not this issue with other helmets.

Can you help me, please?

(Sorry for my bad english)

Great work by the way, I always seen Spartans portrayed with corinthian helmets though. I've never seen Spartans portrayed with anything other than a corinthian helmet. They never wore macedonian helmets. I personally don't like macedonian helmets anyway, every other faction is wearing them.
    Last edited by Ramesses II The Great; September 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
    To offend us is to offend God

Hi and thank you for your mods are really great, you could put the link to version 0.1 because 0.2 has a lot of default display, especially when you look at our character back, hair often crosses new helmet version 0.2 is not great, so I want to return to the 0.1 version, still thank you to you

Sorry for my English!

Lavrentivs's Avatar Miles

Hi KLA, i managed to find them too, under "roman_coolus2", I believe.

I wanted to put them among my Adamklissi legionaries, but the back of the heads keep coming through. There are certain body types (mostly barbarian) that fit the helmet with no clipping, but it'd be a matter of finding all the body-types that fit and inserting them into the uni.

@Avetenebrae, I do not think this is an issue with the mod, but rather an issue with the helmet model itself, as it is the same with most roman/greek/carthaginian body types. I think this is why CA left it, which is a shame, because its a GREAT helmet.

@Lavrentivs: Thank you for the answer! I think you are right about the mesh, i have tried other unit skins and got the same issue.

Laetus

Love your work as always i would use the historical helmets to match the period i would be playing in!

what do you do after download. I see the final and got a bunch of weather bug with it. Im very computer retarded. I also have mitches thing

Good job, I'll try that

Just beautiful, thank you

Thank you very much to all of you friends!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcweaksauce91 View Post
    what do you do after download. I see the final and got a bunch of weather bug with it. Im very computer retarded. I also have mitches thing
    Mod manager will detect the mod pack if you have in your (Rome 2 Total War)\data directory and allow you to enable/disable and order them as you please. When you start the manager, it will detect which mods were configured last time and list those first in the list.
    There is an example of ETW, but it is the same program:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses II The Great View Post
    Great work by the way, I always seen Spartans portrayed with corinthian helmets though. I've never seen Spartans portrayed with anything other than a corinthian helmet. They never wore macedonian helmets. I personally don't like macedonian helmets anyway, every other faction is wearing them.
    Spartans and all Greeks wore Corinthian helmets in Classical Age. After Alexander Corinthian helmets didn't use. In early Hellenistic Age Greeks wore - Phrygian, Thracian, Attic, Chalcidian, Pilos helmets. These helmets aren't only Macedonian styles. All of these helmets wore by Hellenistic factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    Wow. You think you could add those beards to the other greek factions? So so many Spartan mods already. Yet little to nothing for Macedon and Epirus.
    Yes, I will add more beards for other factions. It will be more variety.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunnyOne1125 View Post
    Love the before and after pictures. More mod threads need to have this.

Will rep when i can.
    Yes, I think completely the same. In some mods I can't see what was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Threadoflength View Post
    Is it possible to get an alternate download? TWcenter is just sending me to a black page with a single white pixel in the middle...
    There is TWC download and SendSpace, too.

Quote Originally Posted by xeronak View Post
    This is poorly hosted. No I will not download a sendspace exe nor does the TWC download work. Use mediafire.

Also, no previews for what the corinthian helm part of the mod does?
    Corinthian helmets are the same. I didn't change it, becase there are few mods with Spartans with Corinthian helmets.

genko said where is download in SendSpace:

Quote Originally Posted by genko View Post
    you don't have to download the .exe there's another download button always be wary of these kind of sights i made the same mistake initially
    Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    Looks good, as usually with your mods. Some sugestions: 1. Get rid of the silly vanilla Roman sandals on non-Roman units, it's a constant insult to see them everywhere (even the Iberians wear them, such a crap is ...). Make at least the more humblier units barefoot maybe. 2. I doubt that perioikoi or even helots wore beards like the Spartans. Make them clean shaven, maybe mix different looks in units. BTW I would of course use the historical version without outdated Corinthian helmets.
    At the moment modders can't change bodies. I don't see other models which I can use to feets.
    Periokoi and helots have shorter beards. Only 3 units of them have beards like Spartan (to more variety). In Vanilla all Spartans (expect Royal Spartans), Helots and Periokoi have the same helmets, beards and faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Burebista View Post
    Hi there - when could you do the same for all factions? (like for example the Getae)
    Now I think about Gauls or Thracians... + some Hellenistic units. Tomorrow I will try add new skinpack. It will be suprise what I choose.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    I'd love to see painted helmets and armor (as far as there is an historical justification for them). But do you think you will be able to give the painted parts a different texture/material than the bronze parts? (aka, can you leave the bronze parts smooth and shiny while making the painted parts coarse and matte?):
    I have an idea. Tomorrow I will give the details.

Default Re: KLA's fixed Socii Hastati, Extraordinarii and Equites

Yes. I will release full Imperial Romans soon.

I plan release these skinpacks

- Spartans (completely now)
    - Romans (Imperial leginaries completely now - I will add Ceasrean legionaries, Republican army and Auxilia)
    - Gauls,
    - Parthians,
    - Hellenistics (only some units, because I think CA made good skins of most them)

I think that Iberians don't need to change. They have various skins - few tribes have more helmets and caps than all Gauls and eastern factions.

Awesome work man, some variety will certainly help this game.

One question or maybe also a request. :3
    I'm posessed by the normal Heroes of Sparta skins, is there a way I can change my normal hoplites and/or Royal Spartans so that they look like Heroes of Sparta?

Thx for the mod, can't wait for more of your excellent work!

Will you make a version where all spartans have that badass corinthian helm and only the royal and hero's have the mohawk thing. Those other helms just look plain dorky and gay.

Default Re: KLA's better SCYTHED CHARIOTS

This seems to conflict with your Spartan mod in the mod manager?

Quote Originally Posted by @tho View Post
    Great can you make hairs too ?
    I plan do it. I hav an idea for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Red View Post
    I can't seem to find chariots for Sparta in the custom battle rosta? :/
    Because they are in Pontus/Seleucids/Egypt rosters. I added them to SPartan skinpack as bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post
    Excellent and admirable job as usual old guard KLA!

Godspeed good sir,

Have a look at my Pontic Army mod Hope you like it mate!
    Thank you my friend.

If you want you can add these chariots to your Pontic/Ptolemaic mod. They have armored arms as the historical source.

Quote Originally Posted by auboy View Post
    This seems to conflict with your Spartan mod in the mod manager?
    If you use my Spartan mod, these scythed chariots are there. I added them to Spartan mod as bonus. So there isn't a conflict files.

If you have another Spartan mod, and you want use my scythed chariots - you must use scythed chariots file from this thread, because will be a confilct between two Spartan packs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUndying View Post
    Awesome work man, some variety will certainly help this game.

One question or maybe also a request. :3
    I'm posessed by the normal Heroes of Sparta skins, is there a way I can change my normal hoplites and/or Royal Spartans so that they look like Heroes of Sparta?

Thx for the mod, can't wait for more of your excellent work!

Thank you very much!

Yes, there isn't a problem. You think about normal HoS (Vanilla) or my HoS? I will make this pack for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Potzdorf View Post
    Will you make a version where all spartans have that badass corinthian helm and only the royal and hero's have the mohawk thing. Those other helms just look plain dorky and gay.
    I hope that this is the irony ...

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal View Post
    SCYTHED CHARIOTS

Hello,

I present my first mod for Rome 2.
    These are fixed scythed chariots. I added bronze armors on the hands.

Installation:

1. Download the file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/856s7k
    2. Use the. Mitch.'S Mod Manager. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36-Mod-Manager That's all!

SCREENS:

Before:

After:

Source:

Nice but what's the problem with the bridles texture?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]