View Poll Results: Which units do you want to re-skin?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seleucids

40 19.90%
  • Ptolemies

27 13.43%
  • Macedon

42 20.90%
  • Athens

20 9.95%
  • Epirus

12 5.97%
  • Pergamum

7 3.48%
  • Syracuse

7 3.48%
  • Rhodes

9 4.48%
  • Pontus

15 7.46%
  • other...

22 10.95%
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: KLAssurbanipal's ROME 2 units packs - general discussion

Default Re: KLA'S Skinpack - SPARTAN UNITS - The first complete and more historical re-skin of Spartan army

so is the download link going to be fixed?

TuCoT's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: KLA's new CELTIC SKINPACK - The wide variation in units; new helmets!

Thanks for this mod Assurbanipal. Do you plan to make this for Germanic tribes too? I'll be happy if you do that.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: KLA's better MACEDONIAN FOOT COMPANIONS

Will Baktria, Pergamon and Seleukids be part of Hellenistic pack?

Foederatus
    Italy, Abruzzo (Vacri & Pescara)....old Sabellian lands!!!

Default Re: KLA'S Skinpack - SPARTAN UNITS - The first complete and more historical re-skin of Spartan army

I'm sorry to be the only one really not satisfied by your shields.
    I think that the new shields you punt on these Spartans are, from an historical point of view, wrong since they were not Spartan shields but Macedonian shields.
    The Star Shield is the symbol of the Argeadai, the royal house of Macedon.
    http://www.historyofmacedonia.org/Ma...donianSun.html

The other shield (with central symbol and symbols all around the perimiter of the circle) is, again, a purely Macedonian shield.
    It appears on some Macedonian coins.
    http://www.mfa.org/collections/objec...utonomous-1310

And finally, at the end, I see nothing wrong with SPartans all having the same Shield.
    They were famous for their Lambda shields (from "Lakedemon", Sparta) since the Archaic period and well until the Late Classical times.
    That Lambda was feared throughtout Greece and Greek historians are pretty clear about it.
    There was history and ideology behind the fact of wearing all teh same shield type.

They possibly were few of the Greek hoplitic armies to have all the same shield.
    Every Spartan hoplite shows the symbol of the city instead of the symbol of his own family.
    This was very much in line with Spartan collectivistic, military philosophy.

If you put different shields to Spartans I feel that you somewhat miss how Spartans wanted to appear and to be.

These shields aren't Macedonian shields. I think these ones were used in all Hellenisrtic factions. Do you have any source that only Lambda used by Spartans in Hellenistic era?
    If all Greeks used the same helmets they probably used the same shields. Corinthian helmets used by all Greeks, no only Spartans in the 5th BC. Pilos,thracian, phrygian helmets used by all Greeks in Hellenistic era. The same shields were founded in Pergamon, Egypt so why Spartans didn't use them?

Default Re: KLA's new CELTIC SKINPACK - The wide variation in units; new helmets!

KLA's helmets with L'aigle shields are the best Celtic warriors. They look like Roma Surrectum or Europa Barbarorum, means very good.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

KLA once more my friend you "write" history in modding...
    History can give more varietion that some try with "imagination"...
    Great work once more!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by PetersonTheGreat View Post
    These shields aren't Macedonian shields. I think these ones were used in all Hellenisrtic factions.
    Do you have any evidence for that?
    We do not have any surviving shield of the Hellenistic period.
    What we have is shield representations on wall-paintings (mostly in Macedonian chamber tombs) and on (Macedonian) coins.
    I do not know of any archeological evidence for the appearance of those shields in non-Macedonian armies....but I guess that if they appear in the hands of Seleucid or Ptolemaic soldiers they represent the "Macedonian root" of their army tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersonTheGreat View Post
    Do you have any source that only Lambda used by Spartans in Hellenistic era?
    I think is Thucidides, but I need time to look for it.

[/QUOTE]If all Greeks used the same helmets they probably used the same shields. Corinthian helmets used by all Greeks, no only Spartans in the 5th BC. Pilos,thracian, phrygian helmets used by all Greeks in Hellenistic era. The same shields were founded in Pergamon, Egypt so why Spartans didn't use them?[/QUOTE]

Not at all.
    Shields were more linked with heraldry than helmets, as far as I remember.
    And, again, if you have any archaeological evidence of star-decorated shields in Pergamon or Ptolemaic Egypt it could be explained with the "Macedonian root" that was behind the army tradition of all the Hellenistic kingdoms (or at least of their phalanxes).

Foederatus

I think is Thucidides, but I need time to look for it.
    I said something stupid.
    Thucidides is off course a Classical source, not Hellenistic.
    However I suspect that what we know of the Spartan Army in the Hellestic period is much less than what we know of the Archaic & Classical Spartan army.
    In any case, I do not see why Spartans should use Macedonian heraldry on their shields.

A last note: i really do not understand why they made Sparta & Athens playable in this game.
    They were low-level players in the Hellenistic period, their glorious days gone.

I would have prefered the Achaean League to be playable.
    However, they possibly need to sell the game and gamers with low knowledge of the period would be fascinated more by Spartans than by Hellenistic leagues of cities like the Achaean and the Aetolian leagues.

well done sir. i am using a different corinthian based spartan reskin, but i like to congratulate and recognise any modding of tw games =)

Default Re: KLA's better AGRIANIAN AXEMEN

I've noticed all of your mods show conflicts in the mod manager. Is it okay to ignore the conflicts and use all of your mods together?

Oooh, Am i stupid or why cant i get this mod working?? I mean what do i do with the whole mod manager thing

Can I use L'Aigle and KLA mods without conflicts?
    I think that L'aigle made nice shields, but no changed helmets. KLA made various helmets, but no changed shields.
    These mods together are excellent Celts.

the link is broken

Excellent job as usual KLA!

Keep up the good work mate

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

nice job! Thanks!

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

KLA's unit packs brings realism into units. Good job!, +rep.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonCrayon View Post
    I agree. Unless I see historical evidence for these helmets, I would like to see them gone.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the second one looks like a bowlers hat
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: KLA's better MACEDONIAN FOOT COMPANIONS

the helmets are still blue.. the steppe-thracians

link please