Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Patch 7 Compatible! Automatically Updated Through Steam! ( 15/11/13)

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod -Second Experimental Version Released! Faster Charge Speeds And Better Cohesion! - (13/10/13)

Quote Originally Posted by FabioCorr View Post
    Hi DogSoldier I just want say with patch5 they finally seem to fix ranged troops. Now from a front attack shields work and offer a good defence, from rear you lose much more men. And testudo finally works. Slingers are less lethal but still overpowered compared to javelins and arrows. This is annoying. But now is much better, they come back with rome1 features.

Same test in vanilla patch4: cohort vs arrows, cohort vs javelins, cohort vs slingers
    Result :cohort always rout.

Vanilla patch5 frontal attack nobody died vs arrows and javelins, slingers insted kill 30 men but still much better then patch4. With testudo on they kill about 15 men.

From a frontal attack rise up shields is enough if you want defence better the sides now testudo is a good choise. So I think these are great improvements. But this slingers are a nightmare, still overpowered.

Attacking the cohort sides and rear result in more casualties.

Hope this information can help you with the new version of your mod.

Bye and thanks.
    Hey, Fabio.
    Yeah, Patch 5 has some good features in to be honest. It's the reason I'm taking so long to bring this next version out. Patch 5 has allowed me to change a few things to get some better results in combat. I understand I've delayed the release for now but I really shouldn't be long now. I'm thinking that by atleast tomorrow I should release my next version. There's been a lot of testing put into this version and still a few tweaks to do etc.

We've now got a better missile system which I'm making the most out of. Right now, I'm able to make soldiers immune to missiles from the front but get absolutely slaughtered from behind etc.

If you could just wait for at least a day or two, you will get a much more updated version of this mod. Also, I'm testing what hit points give this mod the best effects. Too many hit points render charges useless and too few make combat too fast etc.

I like this new patch. CA did a good job but they've got much to do still. I hope they keep it up because this is good.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod -Second Experimental Version Released! Faster Charge Speeds And Better Cohesion! - (13/10/13)

Hi DogSoldier, the new patch 5 made your mod incompatible none of them are working at the moment.
    Tried version 1.4 , 1.6 Beta, experiment and second experiment of SPQR_Combatus_Maximus.

Is it possible to make to old version compatible with patch 5? Since i really like observing charges between units. It's really broken with vanilla patch 5. They just carefully touch each other doesn't look like charging. Can't wait for your update that fixes vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Amsterdam View Post
    Hi DogSoldier, the new patch 5 made your mod incompatible none of them are working at the moment.
    Tried version 1.4 , 1.6 Beta, experiment and second experiment of SPQR_Combatus_Maximus.

Is it possible to make to old version compatible with patch 5? Since i really like observing charges between units. It's really broken with vanilla patch 5. They just carefully touch each other doesn't look like charging. Can't wait for your update that fixes vanilla.
    Yeah, currently none of my versions are working as I've not released a version that is compatible with Patch 5 yet. Trust me, the version I have coming is worth the wait. Now, even the missile system is more worked on. Please read below as I'm updating my information so everyone is keeping up to the date with what's going on.

MOD UPDATE:
    Patch 5 has allowed me to build on the missile system. You should see great defence against missiles from the front without the need to use formations but any missiles that come from the side, rear of any direction where the shield can't defend will devour units depending on the missiles you use. Javelins are one hit kills from the flanks and will kill any unit regardless of armour or class if you can get the drop on them. However, from the front you wouldn't even get a single kill. With archers, you wouldn't get as many kills from the flank etc. Slingers are in-between etc. Hopefully you have an understanding.

Also, I've been able to get the Pike Phalanx to near working status. It can now hold formation and can even cause massive damage to enemies. I still have a few tweaks to do but, guys, there is serious potential for Pike Phalanx tactics now! Almost done, guys. Please accept my apologies for taking quite a while but you should get an even better experience now.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod -Why There Is A Delay And What I'm Working On, Check My Latest Post, Not The OP - (24/10/13)

Tried it...love them as much as i love your older version .. but i see that once a general died the AI would just rout.. i see 100 AI spears rout and others follow.. it's just a waste to see good spirited souls ran like that .. i want 'em dead .. all of em..does changing your base moral a bit higher would change that ? or something to do with dead general penalty if there's any.

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod -Why There Is A Delay And What I'm Working On, Check My Latest Post, Not The OP - (24/10/13)

Quote Originally Posted by gilagem View Post
    Tried it...love them as much as i love your older version .. but i see that once a general died the AI would just rout.. i see 100 AI spears rout and others follow.. it's just a waste to see good spirited souls ran like that .. i want 'em dead .. all of em..does changing your base moral a bit higher would change that ? or something to do with dead general penalty if there's any.
    Which version did you try?
    Yeah, mass routes really do kick off. It is pretty realistic though as many battles did have massive routes where only a little percentage died in combat but I will look further into this.

EDIT: Yeah, there's a pretty considerable penalty that goes with the general dying. It even counts for you as well so make sure your leader don't fall. It should be big enough to cause a route in the late stages of the battle instead of at the start. The penalty maybe a little too big but can be tweaked. I've always had my enemies route after I've hit them with severe moral shocks instead of killing the general.

I wouldn't touch the base morale, mate. That would interfere with the balance of other penalties. Just the general's penalty if you want.
    Last edited by DogSoldierSPQR; October 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Foederatus

I'm pretty hyped to try the next version out. Any new changes to the way cavalry are going to function from the 1.5 or 1.6 experimental versions I tried out? I only ask because of the introduction of the nomads and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinushka View Post
    I'm pretty hyped to try the next version out. Any new changes to the way cavalry are going to function from the 1.5 or 1.6 experimental versions I tried out? I only ask because of the introduction of the nomads and stuff.
    New version has been released, mate. Patch notes are up.

Yeah, cavalry should have a new feel to them now. You'll see them kill more but are still able to get killed themselves. It's kinda hard to explain so it's best you try it out

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Version 1.7 Overhaul Is Now Here! (26/10/13)

Thanks Dog, I'll try this soon. When do you think the new campaign mod will be ready?

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Version 1.7 Overhaul Is Now Here! (26/10/13)

Quote Originally Posted by FabioCorr View Post
    Thanks Dog, I'll try this soon. When do you think the new campaign mod will be ready?
    I hope you don't mind, mate, but the campaign mod has been put on hold. The reason is because there are many fields in the campaign version and the fact that they need to be changed every time a patch comes out really gets tiring very quickly. Not only that, extreme amounts of work need to be put in it to get it where I want it. lol not only that, but CA are releasing newer patches which are slowly making the campaign better. I was thinking that if I stopped the campaign mod for now, I can re-build it over CA's final Rome 2 product if they manage to implement major changes etc.

Fabio, my dude, I have now learnt how to create an entirely new unit and texture and colourise existing equipment. Do you know what that means? I can go way more in-depth with this combat mod now

Foederatus

Hi Dogsoldier I think you should upload your mod on steamworkshop so a lot more people can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by pingpong444 View Post
    Hi Dogsoldier I think you should upload your mod on steamworkshop so a lot more people can find it.
    I've been playing around with Steam workshop lately. I have plans very soon to make a smooth transition over there as I am still used to this current version. There's also going to be a shake up with this mod. I'm thinking about separating the skins and the combat from one another as I have made a few changes to skin in this mod. I will move over very soon, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by DogSoldierSPQR View Post
    I hope you don't mind, mate, but the campaign mod has been put on hold. The reason is because there are many fields in the campaign version and the fact that they need to be changed every time a patch comes out really gets tiring very quickly. Not only that, extreme amounts of work need to be put in it to get it where I want it. lol not only that, but CA are releasing newer patches which are slowly making the campaign better. I was thinking that if I stopped the campaign mod for now, I can re-build it over CA's final Rome 2 product if they manage to implement major changes etc.

Fabio, my dude, I have now learnt how to create an entirely new unit and texture and colourise existing equipment. Do you know what that means? I can go way more in-depth with this combat mod now

Good to hear that!
    Yes probably is better you work on campaign after the last final patch. Fair enough.

Hi this is only my suggestion, I think the battles work better using the medium unit size 80 men x unit or max 120 men x unit.
    The 160 unit size has more cohesion issues.
    Also with medium size or 120 size, units have a square formation which is more realistic and effective.
    Just my opinion.

I can imagine it gets maddening with every patch, I'll definitely be waiting for a new campaign mod if you decide to release one. CA can make things better but your garrison and ai modding is great.

Foederatus

Hello DogSoldier I just try out v1.7 I don't know about modding so I can only give few suggestion.missile units seem to kill stuff too fast(especially javelins men) levy or low armor units lost half of their men less than 10 second which make battle end faster.maybe you should decrease damage and increase ammunition so it can fit with you mod longer combat experience.

Hi thank you again for your mod cant wait for another campaign overhaul. Tried out the new version and my pike phalanxes are almost immune from the front against stones and arrows but get massacred by javelins ven from max range. This makes the pike phalanxes useless. The hoplites were immune against missiles. Pike Phalanxes need a serious bufff against javelins. Thank you for your efforts and great work

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Version 2.0 and Insane Edition Released!! - (10/11/2013)

Bump! Version 2.0 and Insane Edition have just been released!

To those above, your feedback has been appreciated and was definitely taken into consideration. Please try out these newer versions and let me if any of your problems persist

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Patch 7 Compatible! Automatically Updated Through Steam! ( 15/11/13)

Hi DogSoldier. Thanks for this update.
    I don't understand well the big difference beetween the 2 versions, is the kill speed?
    I tested the insane edition you should slowdown the speed. Units run like hell and you should slowdown the charge speed too.
    another thing I don't like is the formation of berserkers they have only 3 ranks. I like a more compact formation like other units.
    The rest is great as always.
    If you can I suggest to make units walk instead of running all the time and run only when they approach the enemy and then charge.
    Another question can I use a reskinpack with your mod or there are compatibility problems?
    Thanks again for this great mod.

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Patch 7 Compatible! Automatically Updated Through Steam! ( 15/11/13)

just love your battle mod and...i think you should please put back the non-steam downloads for people who bought this game but HATE steam. i hated steam since empire total war.

@FabioCorr: Thanks for your feedback, Fabio, and it's good to hear from you again

Yeah the difference is combat length. Units have completely different stats.
    I've had some feedback elsewhere in terms of unit speed as well and will see what I can do. They do kinda move pretty quickly so am looking into this.
    You've got a good point about the berserkers. I'll look into it as they really don't need that kind of spacing.
    There is no way to make units walk instead of running. That's in AI behaviour which only CA controls. I personally don't like how the enemy runs too much as well.
    You can use re-skin packs, yes, however you might find a few conflicts here and there. I'm planning on removing the skins from my combat mod and putting them into my newer unit pack coming very soon to avoid conflicts like this. But yeah, go ahead and test things out

@Trang: I understand, mate, but it would be too much trouble to have to keep updating so many different packs. Trust me, it's a chore lol. Steam is great at letting modders instantly update their mods for their fans. I understand you hate Steam but ain't you using Steam to play Rome 2 or do you not use Steam at all? Not aware that was possible.
    Anyway, if you were to just download from Steam, updates are just instant whenever it's updated.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast