Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Patch 7 Compatible! Automatically Updated Through Steam! ( 15/11/13)

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Combat Overhaul! VERSION 1.4 RELEASED!! MISSLES FIXED!! (01/10/2013) + Missile Capacity Upgraded Version! External Links Added!

First i wanna really thank you for your mod, its the only one that makes the combat enjoyable. I had a good experience with version 1.3. but since the new update 3 all the save games crashed while loading. In the new version my hoplites get just massacred even in phalanx mode by javelins. I read that you replaced phalanx with shield wall. But my guys still have phalanx. Dont know what i am doing wrong i deleted all the other combat mods and only got radious mod ( except the combat one) could you please reupload the older versions, and which mods would negate the effect of your mod? Thank you very much for all your work. The balance in RS" was perfect. Guess it cant be implemented like that in the new TWR?

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Combat Overhaul! VERSION 1.4 RELEASED!! MISSLES FIXED!! (01/10/2013) + Missile Capacity Upgraded Version! External Links Added!

Quote Originally Posted by krebbel84 View Post
    First i wanna really thank you for your mod, its the only one that makes the combat enjoyable. I had a good experience with version 1.3. but since the new update 3 all the save games crashed while loading. In the new version my hoplites get just massacred even in phalanx mode by javelins. I read that you replaced phalanx with shield wall. But my guys still have phalanx. Dont know what i am doing wrong i deleted all the other combat mods and only got radious mod ( except the combat one) could you please reupload the older versions, and which mods would negate the effect of your mod? Thank you very much for all your work. The balance in RS" was perfect. Guess it cant be implemented like that in the new TWR?
    You're welcome, mate. Thanks for using my mod.

I have had serious frame-rate drops with the newest patch as well from CA. I think they may have done something wrong. As for your crashes during loading, I honestly have no clue as to why that is. Could you please do me a favour and let me know which exact mod of Radious' you are using? I can then check it out because there is one field that has the combat stats but CA have put campaign features into it as well. I have edited it and if Radious has too then that's where the crashes are coming from. Could you please let me know and also try my mod without Radious' being in there please? Would be a big help to me.

When you say Javelins, which do you mean? Skirmisher or infantry? Skirmisher only do damage to those in Shield/Wall Phalanx if they are pretty close like within 30 metres but even then the casualties happen slowly. If you mean infantry javelins, that is understandable but I there is no way for me to have tested them as the AI never use Shield wall etc. However, if you are talking about skirmishers then I think there is a conflict somewhere. I'll need to know what mod of Radious' you are using to understand what fields he has tweaked. My mod covers every single combat field and I believe Radious may have used just one of them for a specific reason and there is a conflict etc.

It's hard to say which mods would conflict with mine since I only use my own really. Besides, a lot of people can make a campaign mod but accidentally or intentionally use a field that is from the combat aspect of the game and that's where conflicts would occur. I'll see what I can do about the older versions.
    It's going to be very striking the same balance because this is warscape and everything is super different I'm guessing. So before I can really get down to the problems you are having, I'm going to need to know what mod of Radious' you have, how your game runs without that mod and you must understand that patch 3 could've disrupted something as my fps has dropped drastically in siege battles so there could be more errors for your hardware etc.

Hopefully I can help you out here.

EDIT: I was able to dig this up. Enjoy, mate.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DogSoldierSPQR; October 03, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

will there be V1.5 ? 'cause i think 1.4 is perfect, and that's thanks to Fabiocorr who's been giving you great feedbacks, thanks to you, i love playing the romans more and more, and now i wanna try playing sparta, wanna test out the hoplites again, thanks man, great work, and...i didn't see any A.I mod created here because i like close combat better than skirmishing, so i guess less enemy missiles really helps. GREAT WORK ! and i don't what is rep, and how to rep ?

Oddly enough my veteran legionaries had a lot of helmet variants from the Greeks and gladiators. They even had various hoplite aspises among them. I was using mod version 1.4, I tried a battle without it installed and my veteran legionaries were normal.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

I had the greatest moment in this game using this mod. The AI won a battle against me and I had higher numbers. It was a siege, I order 3 units to man the ladders and use them to climb the walls, while my missile units would provide support. I forgot that missiles units are a lot vulnerable to missile fire and only after 3 minutes I realized that my men were getting wasted by the enemy towers, there were 3 of those firing at my units at the same time.

One of my armies got obliterated, only the general was alive. But I had a reinforcing army led by Hannibal which got into position after 7-10 minutes after the other army destruction. I was stubborn and used the same tactic by the previous army. The result that my reinforcing army was also destroyed, only a few troops left.

So I was playing a battle with the 1,4 version of your mod. I ordered my missile units to form up for an attack, after that I ordered them to attack the enemy missile units. When my units entered firing range, all of my missile units suffered 80% casualties after the enemy first volley.

You really have to tweak missile vs missile now, in the previous update it was a lot better. In the current is worse than vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by gsguns View Post
    So I was playing a battle with the 1,4 version of your mod. I ordered my missile units to form up for an attack, after that I ordered them to attack the enemy missile units. When my units entered firing range, all of my missile units suffered 80% casualties after the enemy first volley.

You really have to tweak missile vs missile now, in the previous update it was a lot better. In the current is worse than vanilla
    if you say missile you mean slingers than yes,,they're bad arses..took me 2 javliners to actually match 1 of them...in that experience, i recruit more light horses if i see them have more slingers

Thank you for your reply, i tested everything and your new version works fine with radious mods (using all except the combat one) and old save games. Pelatsts and other jevelin throwers are too strong they massacre my hoplites in Phalanx. But they shouldnt even have phalanx mode still in your mods new version? How can i tell i loaded the mod right apart from using mod manager and loading it first? Also pike phalanx were almost immune against missiles beacause the sarrissa arrangement deflected most missiles (saw it in some docu, they should get a buff, they were very good in RS2) could you please put Radious spear evocati and veteran legionairies in your mod because both combat mods dont work well together. Thanx again we are now close to the combat experience that rome 2 should be

Quote Originally Posted by gilagem View Post
    will there be V1.5 ? 'cause i think 1.4 is perfect, and that's thanks to Fabiocorr who's been giving you great feedbacks, thanks to you, i love playing the romans more and more, and now i wanna try playing sparta, wanna test out the hoplites again, thanks man, great work, and...i didn't see any A.I mod created here because i like close combat better than skirmishing, so i guess less enemy missiles really helps. GREAT WORK ! and i don't what is rep, and how to rep ?
    There will always be newer versions. However, the further we go along the less we need to update so the newer versions won't come out so much after a while. Yeah, Fabiocorr's been great in helping out. I'm glad you enjoy this mod, mate, it means a lot. Yeah, I love playing as the Romans now too. I play as them the most, my username would back that claim up just right haha
    Sparta would be great to play as now, especially since I made Sparta Heroes swordsmen now and they are even more deadlier now. A very decisive unit. I also like close combat more than missile-warfare so I nerfed them but at the same time they still play a nice role if you use them just right. To rep, you need to press the furthest button to the left at the bottom left of every post. Thanks for playing my mod, mate. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethien View Post
    Oddly enough my veteran legionaries had a lot of helmet variants from the Greeks and gladiators. They even had various hoplite aspises among them. I was using mod version 1.4, I tried a battle without it installed and my veteran legionaries were normal.
    Yeah...about that...haha. That was an experimental unit I was working with. Also, it was placed there to give those who attack Rome a good challenge as that unit is strong. They're not overpowered in general but they do appear much earlier than competition to their skill level unless you go to the Greek Peninsula with them. I had plans to make them as their own unit but currently I do not how to add a new unit but can only edit them. Would you prefer it if they were taken out?

Quote Originally Posted by gsguns View Post

Missiles themselves are not overpowered, it's just that I had taken away the armour of the missile units themselves. I, myself, do find that they are now extremely weak against incoming fire. I will work on changes to give them a little armour to help them at least fire back at the enemy. What I tried going for was "Rock Paper System" with them. Javelins are deadly, slingers wipe out Javelins and Archers kill slingers with their extended range. I'll have to tone this down. I agree with you here, mate. I never figured Arrow Towers were that powerful, but then again, you did have three firing at you. I don't lose much but I do approach walls in shield wall so that's why. I've never just ran up to the gate but I'll have a check. I can tweak the tower's stats themselves as they are separate. Newer combat update should be coming in a few days. I'm currently about to release my campaign mod with custom garrisons tomorrow. You have my word that this will be sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by krebbel84 View Post
    Thank you for your reply, i tested everything and your new version works fine with radious mods (using all except the combat one) and old save games. Pelatsts and other jevelin throwers are too strong they massacre my hoplites in Phalanx. But they shouldnt even have phalanx mode still in your mods new version? How can i tell i loaded the mod right apart from using mod manager and loading it first? Also pike phalanx were almost immune against missiles beacause the sarrissa arrangement deflected most missiles (saw it in some docu, they should get a buff, they were very good in RS2) could you please put Radious spear evocati and veteran legionairies in your mod because both combat mods dont work well together. Thanx again we are now close to the combat experience that rome 2 should be
    When you brought this issue to my attention, I opened up Radious' packs to check what was going and here was my findings; Radious' campaign mod uses a feature from the battle section that my mod uses. The field that Radious used in the campaign version is the same field that I use to give my units their stats. Since my mod has more importance when it comes to that specific field more than Radious', make sure you have my mod loaded last so it overwrites what it needs to from Radious'. It's to make sure that my mod works the way it should. From now on, you should always run my mod in last order to avoid any faults. Could you please do this and see if it fixes it if you haven't already?

I believe it very likely that there are probably several conflicts occurring. I'm not even sure if a conflict in one place can cause it somewhere else in a different field as well. You make a great point about the Sarissa and I will look into it. As of yet, they get wiped out pretty easily.
    The shield wall looks exactly the same as the Phalanx when given to the Spear units so it will look as if you have the Phalanx but it's actually the Shield wall, mate. It works better than the Phalanx for some reason.
    I don't have permission from Radious to use any of his units and I doubt he'd give it as I haven't seen him give any permission to anyone before. Got to tread carefully when using other people's content in your own mod.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Patch 4 Compatibility Version In The Works! (06/10/13)

Bumped! Patch 4 Compatibility version is in the works. Expect it in the next few days. A lot of things need to be replaced with my files so this will be lengthy.

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Version 1.6 Is Now Live! - Patch 4 Compatible! Read My New Notes! (09/10/13)

Bumped! 1.6 Has been released!
    Make sure you read the notes!
    Enjoy and have fun, guys and girls!

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Version 1.6 Is Now Live! - Patch 4 Compatible! Read My New Notes! (09/10/13)

Dog The combat mod is great but has a real problem.
    There isn't cohesion during fight at all. Units try all the time to mantain a rigid formation during fight and turn and move in very weird way.
    They don't mantain cohesion at all you see a mix of enemy and friendly soldiers without formation clash each other and make a mix without any sense, it's a real mess.
    If I return back to vanilla combat, the problem disappear and they fight well togheter without maintain a rigid formation and without confusion.
    I test the same custom battle before with mod on and then with vanilla. Only infantry units.
    Maybe you don't notice that in a 1vs1 fight.
    Hope you can fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by FabioCorr View Post
    Dog The combat mod is great but has a real problem.
    There isn't cohesion during fight at all. Units try all the time to mantain a rigid formation during fight and turn and move in very weird way.
    They don't mantain cohesion at all you see a mix of enemy and friendly soldiers without formation clash each other and make a mix without any sense, it's a real mess.
    If I return back to vanilla combat, the problem disappear and they fight well togheter without maintain a rigid formation and without confusion.
    I test the same custom battle before with mod on and then with vanilla. Only infantry units.
    Maybe you don't notice that in a 1vs1 fight.
    Hope you can fix this.
    I have at a few instances noticed this but I am clueless as to what I'm doing wrong here.
    I will continue to look into this but this may take a little while to find the root cause of this. I am now on this problem's case.

EDIT: I found the root-cause of the problem and have addressed it. One thing you need to remember is that charges are more stronger in my mod. After extensive testing I have found that the soldiers crash into each at full speed and it takes a little more than 5 seconds sometimes to get back into formation and then you will have the straight-up line-fighting. A lot of other times, the soldiers just nicely crash and start fighting in formation. No more blobbing into massive blobs now. Let me know about anymore faults.
    Just go ahead and download from the same links again, I've replaced the files.
    Last edited by DogSoldierSPQR; October 09, 2013 at 10:11 PM.

Sorry to say that Dog but I have redownloaded and tried but the problem is the same nothing change.
    Also the file is the same size are you sure you have uploaded it right seems the same.
    There is not only a problem of more powerfull charge, men form rigid formation like they are in defensive static formation after the charge I see still the units make a mess a total mix of men and some units try to stay in static rectangular formation.

Test 1VS1 definitely there is something really messy.
    You can easily see in a simple 1vs1 infantry. You notice a real mess after charge and the unit try always to mantain a defensive formation and you see they turn around all the time, very strange
    Last edited by FabioCorr; October 10, 2013 at 05:37 AM.

Sorry to say that Dog but I have redownloaded and tried but the problem is the same nothing change.
    Also the file is the same size are you sure you have uploaded it right seems the same.
    There is not only a problem of more powerfull charge, men form rigid formation like they are in defensive static formation after the charge I see still the units make a mess a total mix of men and some units try to stay in static rectangular formation.

Test 1VS1 definitely there is something really messy.
    You can easily see in a simple 1vs1 infantry. You notice a real mess after charge and the unit try always to mantain a defensive formation and you see they turn around all the time, very strange
    There is only really one thing I can think of to make this mod work properly and that is to completely re-do 100%
    Stay with this version if you can for a little while, it may take me a day or two to re-do but hopefully a fresh number of fields without anything complex being changed should do the trick. It's my only hope as I've changed many things in this mod that it would be impossible to actually find the cause.

No problem man take the time you need.
    Yes I think you can try step by step to find out what's the cause of the problem.
    Thank you

No problem man take the time you need.
    Yes I think you can try step by step to find out what's the cause of the problem.
    Thank you
    I've taken out unit spacing, charge bonuses and have tweaked everything charge related and nothing seems to permanently work. I really doubt that this is completely a problem based on my side alone. I remember Jack Lusted saying something about the Formation Attack being bugged in some way. I even tested Vanilla and the soldiers did some stupid stuff like randomly run out of formation and into the enemy and rotate as a formation. I firmly believe that CA have further plans to fix the formation attack as it doesn't completely work in Vanilla all the time too.

My other theory is that my basic stats are much more higher on average meaning they cause much more damage on first contact but I've seen the vanilla formations crumble too for no reason so I'm currently under the impression that unless CA remove formation attack and just give us guard mode so that we can stump our soldiers in one place, this'll keep happening. It's pointless further examining this. I'd like this gone too but we know patch 5 is in the works so we'll have to see what that brings, mate. It would be great if Jack Lusted could give us some insight as to potential causes after testing this mod for himself, he'd be able to instantly find it but I do think that the formation attack is just bugged still.

I will have to look into this but I think patch 5 might work some magic on this issue.

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Version 1.6 Fix Released!! - Patch 4 Compatible! Read My New Notes! (09/10/13)

Yes there is something wrong in vanilla too. I hope they fix this melee cohesion problems and animations too. This game is potentially amazing but actually is a total bug.

Default Re: DogSoldier's Combatus Maximus Mod - Version 1.6 Fix Released!! - Patch 4 Compatible! Read My New Notes! (09/10/13)

Yes there is something wrong in vanilla too. I hope they fix this melee cohesion problems and animations too. This game is potentially amazing but actually is a total bug.
    I believe I may have fixed it. Could you please download and replace your pack with the Experimental version? Make sure you checked out the notes in the OP so you know what to expect. This has got to be it, mate.
    The cohesion was naturally a vanilla problem beforehand too and definitely needs a lot more work put into it but for now, it's down to us until a patch sorts it.
    I'm curious as to what you're feedback will be here.
    Cheers, mate.

MOD Update: Experimental Version added, guys! Check out the OP for the latest news.

Quote Originally Posted by DogSoldierSPQR View Post
    I believe I may have fixed it. Could you please download and replace your pack with the Experimental version? Make sure you checked out the notes in the OP so you know what to expect. This has got to be it, mate.
    The cohesion was naturally a vanilla problem beforehand too and definitely needs a lot more work put into it but for now, it's down to us until a patch sorts it.
    I'm curious as to what you're feedback will be here.
    Cheers, mate.

MOD Update: Experimental Version added, guys! Check out the OP for the latest news.

Yes solve part of the problem, thank you.
    Honestly I don't like so much they slow down suddently when they charge but for now is not bad until CA solves the many battle cohesion bugs.
    In vanilla too fights became messy especially during big battles and animations often are out of sync. We need more cohesion and better synchronization. I notice in vanilla too many times I see soldiers jump back litterally fly away then come back, they make strange moves.
    CA must really solve these problems.

Actually I play this game only thanks to the modders, withouth any mods this game Is not enjoyable for me.
    AI sucks, battles sucks, campaign sucks, so at least CA must fix the damned animations.
    Last edited by FabioCorr; October 10, 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast