Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Updated 12/12/2014 LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS

Default Re: (Updated 18/09/2013) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS: HBO ROME Legionaries, Roman Officers Re-Skin, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Marian Legionaries etc.

why i cant use it>>>???

Default Re: (Updated 18/09/2013) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS: HBO ROME Legionaries, Roman Officers Re-Skin, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Marian Legionaries etc.

data right?

data right?

Lavrentivs's Avatar Miles

Are you inquiring about the installation of the pack files?

Yes, they go into the data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavrentivs View Post
    PREVIEW OF MARIAN LEGIONARIES V2

Here is a preview of my legionaries from my "Marain Legionaries Pack" which should be released this week. It will include historical re-skins of legionaries, marian first cohort, and marian veterans, and a special re-skin of the auxiliary infantry as Iberian regional auxilia, donning a mix of Roman and Iberian arms and armour.

I have added hellenistic thracian helmets, and brought back "earlier" pieces such as the italian attics. There are historical reasons behind this decision, which I will elaborate in the Historical Context section of the official preview, which will be up in a few days along with the files.

Also, in these previews you will see a new colour scheme that I am using. I have thoroughly researched these colours and deemed them the most appropriate for Roman use. I may release this colour scheme along with the whole re-skinned Roman roster at some time in the future.

In short: the beige is there to obviously represent un-dyed wool. The shade of red on the Roman tunics is that of "madder", the most widely used dye in the Roman Empire to attain the colour red for textiles. The shade of red used on the shields, is based on the pigments extracted from the Dura Europos scutum. Even though this shield is a few centuries down the line from this period, the natural paint used on this shield were used throughout the Roman period. Kermes was the most appropriate dye for this.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Enjoy. More preview images coming soon.
    They look amazing, eagerly awaiting release!

Very nice.

1stCohort's Avatar Libertus

Great job. Thanks for separating the packs also.

A quick thank you ! Being a fan of HBO's Rome, you're my new hero !
    I just can't decide if I prefer the Historical Marian V1 or the HBO guys ... looks like Marian V2 pack is gonna settle this dilemma
    In fact, I paused my Roman playthrough because I can't stand to look at my new army of vanilla veterans : so you Sir managed to put an entire Legion to halt with your wonderful reskins ! ^^

dom385's Avatar Senator

What faction colour mod are you using now? I don't remember the faction recolour mod having red and white tunics for romans.

Never mind, I didn't see you'd done it yourself.
    Last edited by dom385; September 19, 2013 at 05:02 AM.

This mod is just...Just awesome Thank you for making it, thank you a lot <3

Keep the romans coming mate look hot

and thank you

When will this version be available for download?...

Hey guys, thanks for all your compliments!

@ HUNK I'd say probably this evening (U.K. Time), mate. I'm just doing some finishing touches on the Marian veterans and the Iberian auxilia, and then I'll need to take some time to work out how I'll release the units, and consider/work out compatibility issues.

Here are some quick pics of the First Cohort (almost finished):

(ignore the almost orange/red tunic in that pic, its been darkened off now)

What do you guys think??

Unfortunately in Rome II, a lot of the clipping can't really be avoided

edit: I'm going to see for other helmet types I can fit into the unit, there's not enough variation for my liking.

If some of you are a bit dubious about the presence of some of the hellenistic/attic helmets in my Marian units, don't worry, they are accurate: I'll be presenting my case in the historical context section. I'll also be doing a section on the colours I've used looking at some of the dyes/pigments used in the Roman army of the period.

I know a lot of the history sections haven't been filled out yet, but there are a lot of pics/info I need to get in there, so it'll be a gradual process.
    Last edited by Lavrentivs; September 19, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

Beautiful :') In my opinon..Those orange tunics look pretty nice.

Thanks

It's frustrating at the moment, I'm constantly having fiddle with the red tunic colour. As I stated before, I want to make them as accurate as I can. Red was indeed used in the Roman army, but it was in a different shade than what we usually see.

The fiery red you see on the material on the bottom is the sort of colour you'd be looking at with red tunics. I'm trying to find a good balance with the red because currently it's too dark. I'll get it in time. Worry not though, the units will be out this evening.

Looks like this would be my best bet:

R: 200
    G: 34
    B: 22

Last edited by Lavrentivs; September 19, 2013 at 09:58 AM.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Really appreciate your fine works, really. thanks.

Could you also do the first cohort with squared shields? (And when you can with HBO colors )

And can something be done with the velites??

And yes, its me again

They look amazing!! Can't wait! (Question though, since Radious changed his veteran legionaries to spearmen, will your mod still work with them?)

Hello again, I have a few more screens for you, but I'll answer your questions:

@3enrique, yes I can do that for you after I have released these historical ones. Do you want the eagles on the shield still? And shall I get rid of the thracian helms and just keep montefortinos to go with the HBO helmet look?

@Falco, yes I think that was mentioned before. I'll release this version first with the more accurate sword-armed veterans etc. Then I will have a look into it and put up a Radious compatible version. I think it will just be a matter of changing the weapons and attach_points on the VariantMeshDefinitions. I will then upload the veteran spearmen as a separate link. It shouldn't take long at all, so you can expect that tonight, I'd say.

Since each unit will come in a separate .pack, you can play about with the other ones while I'm making my radious compatible veteran re-skins.

Right, i've finished the units now. I'm going to organise the files....

The re-skin will come in one archive file, with two sub-folders. Each folder will contain the same units, but one folder will have soldiers with the colours you have seen in the preview (similar to my HBO Legionaries, where the individual units are coloured but don't affect your faction colours), the other folder with have soldiers that are coloured according to your Roman faction colour scheme.

I may also have to consider other comparability issues since I have also edited "_VariantModels" to make the shields uniform in colour (otherwise the legionaries would have beige shields mixed with red), and also change the first cohort shield into an early republican.

We'll see what happens, the units should run smoothly with most mods that don't re-skin the same unit.

EDIT:

(Screens) Tunics and shields now have accurate colours. The red tunics represent ones dyed in the popular Madder, most widely used in the Roman empire to dye clothing (including military tunics) red. The shields are in the proper shade of Kermes.

Iberian Auxilia, based on the relief at Osuna:

Once I learn to make new units, I will make them swordsmen....

First cohort with right colours:

Okay, I will update you all soon, and the skins pack should be released......
    Last edited by Lavrentivs; September 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM.