Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated 12/12/2014 LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS

Default Re: (Updated 17/09/2013) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS: HBO ROME Legionaries, Roman Officers Re-Skin, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Marian Legionaries etc.

will wait for it very good job and well done for your work.. see here at #1250 for your beautiful work in my game.

*edit :

@Lav : can only see 1st pict since slow connection...is that lemon curry color? how about ebony or green army? see here
    Last edited by Entotz; September 18, 2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: add more comment

Default Re: (Updated 17/09/2013) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS: HBO ROME Legionaries, Roman Officers Re-Skin, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Marian Legionaries etc.

- dopost

Libertus

Will all marian legionnaries like elite legionnaries be in hbo skin in your future downloads? Y can t wait to download your new version.

Lavrentivs's Avatar Miles

@Tonio59 Yes, in the future I can try and do a whole pack of HBOs in the future (can't say when, yet), with veteran legionaries, marines, and even the Ubian auxiliary cavalry that were in season 1.

Today I will be releasing just the normal HBO Marian Legionaries replacement. This is for two reasons:

1) Releasing the legionaries today will allow me to see if my individual unit colours are working properly for everyone. Once it it working and there are no problems (there shouldn't be any, since I sorted out the colouring in the pack), I can release a pack with a series of HBO-styled units in.
    2) I want to take some time so I can come up with interesting variations for the veterans, marines and first cohort units etc. to tell them apart. They will still look like HBO Romans, but veterans for example may have red and white feather on the sides of their helmet or something like that.

This week I am planning to release historical re-skins of veterans and first cohort Marian legionaries to go along with the historical Marian legionaries I have done before. This is also because I want to go through the Roman and Italian roster with historical skins before things start to get heavy at uni and I have less time to mod.

While I'm getting all this stuff done, you can all make suggestions as how I could make the HBO veterans, first cohort, praetorians etc. more interesting. I can put up pictures of these ideas you have in-game, to show you what it would look like.

The HBO Legionaries will be out in about an hour or less.

@Tonio59 Yes, in the future I can try and do a whole pack of HBOs in the future (can't say when, yet), with veteran legionaries, marines, and even the Ubian auxiliary cavalry that were in season 1.

Today I will be releasing just the normal HBO Marian Legionaries replacement. This is for two reasons:

1) Releasing the legionaries today will allow me to see if my individual unit colours are working properly for everyone. Once it it working and there are no problems (there shouldn't be any, since I sorted out the colouring in the pack), I can release a pack with a series of HBO-styled units in.
    2) I want to take some time so I can come up with interesting variations for the veterans, marines and first cohort units etc. to tell them apart. They will still look like HBO Romans, but veterans for example may have red and white feather on the sides of their helmet or something like that.

This week I am planning to release historical re-skins of veterans and first cohort Marian legionaries to go along with the historical Marian legionaries I have done before. This is also because I want to go through the Roman and Italian roster with historical skins before things start to get heavy at uni and I have less time to mod.

While I'm getting all this stuff done, you can all make suggestions as how I could make the HBO veterans, first cohort, praetorians etc. more interesting. I can put up pictures of these ideas you have in-game, to show you what it would look like.

The HBO Legionaries will be out in about an hour or less.

@Entotz - those are some great screens! I wish my game looked that good Mine doesn't look bad but I'm in need of an update (ATI HD 7770, ATM FX 6300 3.5GHz, 8GB RAM)

Thanks for the colour list, this will actually come in handy!

Some of the colour names on this do make me smile lol

Okay, I've found a colour that suits both the tunics and the shields (Umber). I needed to put in a colour that had an earthy tone, but didn't clash with the darker shields in the unit.

I'm going to have a battle and take some screens for the previews, make sure all the variations have the right shields and colours, and then the links will be up.

Default Re: (Updated 18/09/2013) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS: HBO ROME Legionaries, Roman Officers Re-Skin, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Marian Legionaries etc.

One question, why i cant install two unit skin pacs? :c

I really wanted some legionaries with different officers (and socii)

btw. can i play multy with this?

Default Re: (Updated 18/09/2013) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS: HBO ROME Legionaries, Roman Officers Re-Skin, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Marian Legionaries etc.

UPDATE 18/09/13

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-HBO Legionaries v2 Added. They now come in their own colours and do not affect your Rome faction colour scheme. However, this means that my mod will most likely not be compatible with other mods which have differently coloured units under the same faction, as the edited "unit_variants_colours_tables" will conflict.
    -HBO Legionaries Preview

If you have installed the earlier version, please remember to delete it along with the abomination that was the RomansOffWhite.pack that came with it, as it is not required any more.

Please let me know as soon as possible if there are any issues. I will get down to fixing them as soon as I have finished tearing out all the hairs from my youthful scalp.

Enjoy

One question, why i cant install two unit skin pacs? :c

I really wanted some legionaries with different officers (and socii)

btw. can i play multy with this?

You can install and play the packs together mate, no problems. What I meant by choosing one pack was referring to my variations of the same unit type, like Socii v1 and Socii v2. So you can run all my skins like armoured legionaries, officers, HBO romans etc. all together with no no problem at all. However, running 2 packs which edit the same unit will not work. So for example, if you wanted your Marian legionaries to look different, you would have to choose between HBO Marian Legionaries or the other historical ones that I made.

It's also the same principle with mods.

Hmm I don't know about multiplayer because I have never been on it before. All the equipment used by these re-skins does exists within the vanilla game itself, so there is a chance it may run. I will have to find out. Sorry about that.

Cool thanks for the infos

KR153's Avatar Semisalis

Clicked that "historical context" spoiler thinking: "What now? Stupid disclaimer for the history nazis?" ...Nearly fell off my chair!
    Well, thanks for the good laugh and your hard work! Did I get this correctly? The Mod Manager is a prerequisite for all your mods?
    NIE WEDDER SLAAV VUN ROM!

Awwww it seems i cant play multy with this mod :c

Its only a reskin but for the game i have a different version

Glad you found the humour in it Good old Antonius, he never failed to crack me up, definitely my favourite character from the series.

Yes, for my re-skins to work you will either have to run them with mod manage, or manually insert the pack's name into the "user.script.txt". I've realised its an annoyance for some people, so I'm going to see if I can release the packs in a state where that isn't necessary, as others have done.

Let me know how it goes! If you have any suggestions/criticisms or issues do let me know

RandomRoman: Awwww it seems i cant play multy with this mod :c Its only a reskin but for the game i have a different version

Hmmm, I'll have a look into mate, sorry about that. Does it work for you with single player though? With brown tunics also?

+rep to for letting me know, I'll update the section on compatibility

Yes in single they work perfectly! (badass socii officer is badass :3 )

the only thing i dont like is the legionaries centurions crest, too much greek, but this is just a personal aesthetic taste ^^.

hello just sharing for the new HBO skins looks like it's the Legionaire stand beside their cohort mates for comparison
    Spoiler for REP_SCUTUM
    Spoiler for REC_SCUTUM
    Spoiler for MIX_SCUTUM
    what you guys think? Mix one is good for variety in army and more balance in size than vanilla? imo. @LAV : others will follow right? cheers!!!

Hi!

Great Mod!!

Could you please do the HBO skins with the rest of the legionaries? (Pretorian, hastati, first cohort....) Thanks, its to have greater variety to choose with.

Yes, that is the plan once I've made some progress with my historical units

Great!!

And could something be done to the velites? I find them way too simple...

PREVIEW OF MARIAN LEGIONARIES V2

Here is a preview of my legionaries from my "Marain Legionaries Pack" which should be released this week. It will include historical re-skins of legionaries, marian first cohort, and marian veterans, and a special re-skin of the auxiliary infantry as Iberian regional auxilia, donning a mix of Roman and Iberian arms and armour.

I have added hellenistic thracian helmets, and brought back "earlier" pieces such as the italian attics. There are historical reasons behind this decision, which I will elaborate in the Historical Context section of the official preview, which will be up in a few days along with the files.

Also, in these previews you will see a new colour scheme that I am using. I have thoroughly researched these colours and deemed them the most appropriate for Roman use. I may release this colour scheme along with the whole re-skinned Roman roster at some time in the future.

In short: the beige is there to obviously represent un-dyed wool. The shade of red on the Roman tunics is that of "madder", the most widely used dye in the Roman Empire to attain the colour red for textiles. The shade of red used on the shields, is based on the pigments extracted from the Dura Europos scutum. Even though this shield is a few centuries down the line from this period, the natural paint used on this shield were used throughout the Roman period. Kermes was the most appropriate dye for this.

Enjoy. More preview images coming soon.