Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated 12/12/2014 LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS

Lavrentivs's Avatar Miles

Default Re: (Updated 17/09/2013) LAVRENTIVS UNIT RE-SKINS: HBO ROME Legionaries, Roman Officers Re-Skin, Make-Shift Transverse Crests for Centurions, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Marian Legionaries etc.

Unfortunately, I don't think that my units will appear unless you use mod manager: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36-Mod-Manager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi161vI6Oss Here is a tutorial which will show you how to install a mod for a total war game. Even though the example here is Empire: Total War, it is essentially the same process as installing a mod with Rome, other than you will be putting the ".pack" files into the Total War: Rome II directory instead.

I know it may seem a bit daunting for someone new to installing mods, but if you follow instructions careful all should go well, and soon it will be as easy as drinking a glass of water.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: (Updated 17/09/2013) LAVRENTIVS UNIT RE-SKINS: HBO ROME Legionaries, Roman Officers Re-Skin, Make-Shift Transverse Crests for Centurions, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Marian Legionaries etc.

Hey Man

I'm using Radious Overhaul mod

Is that compatible with this?

I am not good at installing mods, I am only recently beginnng to learn it.

Do I now need to download Mod Manager for Rome 2? How do I use this? I am not sure, if I downloaded your mod, would it appear on the mod manager and can I play with multliple mods?

E.g There is a Greek reskin mod, can I play that with yours combined with Radious Overhaul mod?

@ Lavrentivs

I am very impressed with your re-skins and have marked you as one of the top three Rome II modders to watch for.
    Your work has already added increased value to my purchase of the TW game.

My thanks and plus REP!
    Last edited by GERMANICUS; September 17, 2013 at 03:44 PM.

@Marshall of France

Hi, there shouldn't be any problem at all with playing my units with any other mods. You can use them along-side other faction packs that other modders have made. The only thing that my packs change is the skin, that is all, there are no tweaks to stats or anything, just the way that the units look. You will only experience conflicts with mods that re-skin the same units that mine do.

So for example, you have a mod that does skins for Greek units, this won't interfere with my re-skins because mine are Roman units. But, if for example you had a mod which re-skins the Marian/Marius legionaries, then the mods would conflict because they are making changes to the same thing.

You will have to either install and use mod manager for my unit skins to activate, or put them in the list of your "user.script.txt", for example:

mod "LAV_Marius_Legs.pack";
    mod "Radious_Battle_Mod.pack";

etc. etc.

I would advise using mod manager, as it is much more simple, and you will only have load it up, tick the box next to "LAV_Mariuvs_Legs.pack", and you are ready to go!

Is that helpful? If you have any more questions or need help with something, just write here or PM me and I'll try and help you with whatever it is

@GERMANICUS

Thank you! It is an honour to be considered so. I have a LOT to learn about modding, but my re-skins seem to have made a good impression which is a good start!

I will be learning to make new units soon, so if you have any requests or suggestions let me know and I'll get down to it

Libertus

hello, could you make the same hbo skins for the elite legionaries and other marian reforms units please?

Default Re: (Updated 17/09/2013) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS: HBO ROME Legionaries, Roman Officers Re-Skin, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Marian Legionaries etc.

Do you want them all in the same uniformed equipment, or ???

So that would be veteran legionaries and first cohort also, right? Sure thing. Let me know, and expect them to pop up tomorrow morning

Default Re: (Updated 17/09/2013) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS: HBO ROME Legionaries, Roman Officers Re-Skin, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Marian Legionaries etc.

Repped!!! Thank you for all your hard work.

God bless mods . I hope to see this for other factions as well .

Thanks .

Radious has recently changed some units. He changed the veteran legionaries and evpcati to spear units. I am wondering if you can do a compatability patch for his mod.

why are the legionaries only using spears?

First off, you're doing great work with these skins!

There is one problem that's holding me up. Downloaded your new Roman Officers and HBO Roman Marian legionaries packs, and I've done every type of configuration I can think of, but I can't seem to get the brown shields for the legionaries that your have featured in your screens nor can I get the Roman off-white pack file to display in the mod manager. The only two files that I can think of that could affect yours would be Radious' mod and Roman faction color re-skin.

Or would the color of the shields be different in custom battles as opposed to campaign battles?

Thanks for the compliments guys

Yutterh: Radious has recently changed some units. He changed the veteran legionaries and evpcati to spear units. I am wondering if you can do a compatability patch for his mod.
    Yep, I should be able to do that once I have finished the skins for those units.

Need Help: why are the legionaries only using spears?
    If you are referring to the screenshots, this because "ahiga_mod_javelin_oldschool" was in use, which I have for my own copy of Rome II. It is not part of my mod, since my re-skins just alter the armour of the legionaries, nothing else.

HunterKYA: First off, you're doing great work with these skins!

There is one problem that's holding me up. Downloaded your new Roman Officers and HBO Roman Marian legionaries packs, and I've done every type of configuration I can think of, but I can't seem to get the brown shields for the legionaries that your have featured in your screens nor can I get the Roman off-white pack file to display in the mod manager. The only two files that I can think of that could affect yours would be Radious' mod and Roman faction color re-skin.

Or would the color of the shields be different in custom battles as opposed to campaign battles?
    Thanks,

Are you using any alternative faction re-colour mods at the moment, or any mod that changes "db > faction_uniform_colours_tables", which may be conflicting with it? If not, then I recommend you enter the pack's name manually in your "user.script.txt", and see if that works.

Apologies if this doesn't help. If you have more issues let me know and I'll see what I can do.

INFO UPDATE 18/09/2013

GOOD NEWS! I have learned how to pack the HBO Legionaries so that they will be their brown/off-white colours regardless of Rome's faction colour scheme. I will take down the links to the old HBO Legionaries, and replace them with the updated units. They will only come as one pack HBO_Legs.pack, and will be the correct colours no matter how the rest of the faction's soldiers appear.

Libertus

Thanks for response. I think it would be good to have the same skin for all marian legionnaries like hbo skin. Your work is amazing and improve a lot my desire to play. (excuse me for my poor english)

It's okay, you're English is very good!

I am going to make some HBO Style Marines too if they are separate troops types. While testing colours on the HBO legionaries I accidentally did the numbers in reverse, and it came up with a marine blue colour, which gave me the idea. I think troops on boats are different types in the VariantMeshDefinitions, so I guess I could make HBO marines

Anyway, without further redo, here are some pics. I have managed to get the HBO Legionaries a different colour scheme. I will try them out with various Faction Re-colour mods and see fit hey are compatible. They should be.

The tunic colours are not as light as they should be, but this is because I can't find a rigid model for the marian shield types. This means that some of the shields would be the same brown/white colour, and it looks strange.

Libertus

I ve looked again the philipii battle of hbo rome 2d season, your models are very good, especially the trousers, i think they should be more beige. Marines in rome marine had blue colors i ve seen in a book.

Lavrentivs, I am very impressed with your work. I like very new, the original version of armored legionnaires' based on the source and Johnny Shumate.

At the moment with the HBO Legionaries, everything is ready, their colours are compatible with faction re-colour mods. There's one problem I'm trying to get round at the moment, though. I can make their tunics and clothing the more beige colour, but this colour also shows up the shields, and it doesn't look very good. I'm trying to find a way to colour the shields ONLY in the unit's Tertiary Colour which is the very dark brown (almost black) that you see with some of their shields.

King Louise Assurbanipal: Lavrentivs, I am very impressed with your work. I like very new, the original version of armored legionnaires' based on the source and Johnny Shumate.
    Thanks mate

Yes, I remember a few years back I thought to myself that the conical/like helmets on the metopes could be syrian/danubian style spangenhelms, but I never saw any historians look into that. Then out came the issue from Ancient Warfare Magazine about the Dacian Wars, and lo and behold there was a legionary with a spangenhelm! I thought i'd put that idea into some re-skins. It looks like the idea is catching on with others too, since my favourite 28mm company have also done legionaries like this:

Last edited by Lavrentivs; September 18, 2013 at 05:47 AM.

err sorry sir for HBO which one to download? since i'm currently travelling and on slow connection, 1st page not showing all. cheers

The old links have been taken down and I'm in the process of putting up the new ones. Version 1 forced the player to change Rome's faction colour scheme in order to have legionaries with the colours in the tv show. Version 2 which is coming up soon is just one pack file which does everything for you, and doesn't interfere with the faction colour scheme, it just replaces Marian legionaries (for now).

Once i've gotten a few things out of the way, I will make these HBO legionaries a unit on their own rather than keep them as a replacement.

Thank you all for your patience, the links will be up soon. I'm just doing the final touches to the colours.

EDIT:

Unfortunately, the beige colour will have be kept as a secondary unit colour. The primary unit colour will be a dark brown, because it will determine the colour of the majority of the unit's shields. I'll put up a screenshot shortly of what the legionaries with the beiege shields look like. They look awful with beige shields, in my opinion.

(Test Screens - LAV_HBO_Legs_Replace_Rect_Unit [HBO Legionaries Rectangular shields unit])

(Yes, there is a floating shield)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Suggestions? Opinions?
    Last edited by Lavrentivs; September 18, 2013 at 06:36 AM.