Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated 12/12/2014 LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS

Lavrentivs's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Lavrentivs Re-Skins, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia

You were the one in particular who inspired me to do this, KLA, so I owe you (and other quality modders, of course) a lot of gratitude

edit: just another little update. I will be splitting up a lot of my units into separate packs now, but within the same folder. This will offer flexibility as to what units you can use, as you may prefer specific units offered in different modifications.
    Last edited by Lavrentivs; September 14, 2013 at 08:04 AM.

I'm really looking forward to this Etruscan/Italian update. It would be an interesting campaign trying to conquer Italy as another Italian power than Rome...

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

dom385's Avatar Senator

I wasn't saying you were stealing someones work, I was just curious. If you are planning on doing some reskins for rome, would you also consider recolouring them? The default colours seem too bright but then on the other hand the faction reclour ones seem a bit bland.

Apparently musculata was cramping scipio's style, so he went to Greek fashion instead:

Found his helmet lying around among the files, so I thought I'd use it. It will be part of my officers re-skin v1 which should be released by tonight.

<br>looks good but can you make the centurians armour darker
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Default Re: Lavrentivs Re-Skins, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Roman Officers, Marian Legionaries

dp

Last edited by Lavrentivs; September 14, 2013 at 05:14 PM.

Default Re: Lavrentivs Re-Skins, N/Italian Socii, Imperial Auxilia, Roman Officers, Marian Legionaries

Mod Updated 14/09/13

Added:

New Unit Previews
    N/Italian Socii v2
    Officers Re-Skin v1
    Marian Legionaries Re-Skin v1

Refer to first page.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

An Etruscan mod would be great as I wanted to be another Latin culture and they are the only ones around, so I say do it!

how to get the legionaries carrying their pila? does that come with this mod or is it a separate one?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Lavrentivs@
    Sir you're a really good skinner...
    Please continue your work...
    Amazing units you got there...+Rep

Just one question is you your mod compatible with radious mods especially these that changing unit stats,recruitment,cost etc???
    or you just changed the skins???

Cheers and thanks again...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 14, 2013 at 07:16 PM.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Really nice job!!!

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Excellent mod, Lavrentvs! Finally some positive changes to the centurions!
    I was wondering; you found the scipio helmet... is it possible to put the Silanus armour on some of the centurions, or better yet, his whole model? I tried, but my first attempt the entire soldier disappeared, with only the shield (?).
    Getting Silanus armour set in for some of the centurions would be awsome.

cant download, all 4 links bring me to a gif image 1 x 1 pixels big? wtf

thanx to you for this really nice job!!!

Just one little question: Why the centurions don't wear the "cresta transversa" ? As can be seen in the Conolly's book "Greece and Rome" at war, for exemple

I'm uploading the links to mediafire as we speak mate, they will be up shortly

Excellent mod, Lavrentvs! Finally some positive changes to the centurions!
    I was wondering; you found the scipio helmet... is it possible to put the Silanus armour on some of the centurions, or better yet, his whole model? I tried, but my first attempt the entire soldier disappeared, with only the shield (?).
    Getting Silanus armour set in for some of the centurions would be awsome.
    thanks mate, I shall be churning out some more units today, so I will have a look for Silanus' armour.

Any requests are more than welcome from anyone!

Greek Strategos: Just one question is you your mod compatible with radious mods especially these that changing unit stats,recruitment,cost etc???
    or you just changed the skins???
    All it does is change the skins, so it can be used with Radious' mods (I use it myself) and others.

Willyum3249: how to get the legionaries carrying their pila? does that come with this mod or is it a separate one?
    I am using the old-school javelins mod which can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...in-armed-units

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, I really didn't expect this since I only started modding 3 days ago, and these initial units were just for personal use. I am starting to get the hang of this, so I should be capable of carrying out requests if anyone has any.

As for the re-skinned Etruscans, I will be making a start on that today. Later today I will probably be releasing some new units, including legionaries based Ancient Warfare Magazine's reinterpretation of the Adamklissi Metopes:

Update 15/09/2013: Mediafire download links now up

Also, a little preview on something else I've been working on.

After reading some of the works of R. D'Amato I have been inspired to insert some hellenic/less conventional equipment into the ranks of the Polybian legionaries, and give them a fresh and interesting look with a historical basis.

This is the triarii at the moment, they will be tweaked here and there for being released, so expect more variation:

Last edited by Lavrentivs; September 15, 2013 at 02:16 AM.

Impossible to get the magnificent Signifer which wears a skin of lion in my armies. With what unit is he ? Eagle only?? Or any
    I am really frustrated. Is there anything to do ?

Sorry for my english. It's not my native language

It's okay

Although they are iconic to the Romans, traverse crests for the centurions are not in the game as of yet. Modders will have to wait for modelling tools for that, as there are no traverse crests other than that of the corinthian helmet.

I may be able to put the corinthian traverse crest on some republican era helmets and see how that looks, but it would be out of place on imperial helmets.

The aquilifers with the lion skins are only for the Eagle cohort. Lion skins were usually only worn by signifers of elite or senior units such as the Praetorians and First cohorts. For regular units, signifers have bear and wolf skin.

great job, i love this mod. especially the marian legions variety, very immersive. i would also really love to see the tranverse crests for centurions, but as you said, the only one is the one the Spartan heroes wear on their helmets, which may be a little wide, but might look alright? http://chrisleighphotography.com/wp-...ccgk80.th.jpeg
    Last edited by willyum3249; September 15, 2013 at 04:45 AM.

Thank you for answers

I'll wait for the centurion . It is incredible that CA missed it. It is nevertheless the symbol which everybody knows. Who has never seen the repésentation of a centurion!!

The Aquilifer of the Eagle cohort still has his wolf skin. He has to be afraid of lions