Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bodyguard Switcher 2.1.1 for MOS 1.6.2 [RELEASED]

Default Re: Bodyguard Switcher 2.1.1 for MOS 1.6.2 [RELEASED/UPDATED]

So I got a problem with the executioner sub mod;

I executed one of my generals,
    a couple of turns later my faction-leader got killed, and my executed general became the new faction leader.
    He shows up in the character overview, but is nowhere to be found on the campaign map.
    It directs me to a settlement where he is supposed to be, but theres nothing.

:l Any ideas? Do I have to wait till he dies of old age? Or is there anything else I can do?

You could try moving the character via the console to see if he is still actually alive.

First position your mouse over the location you want to move the character to, then open the console with the ~ key and type in "show_cursorstat". It will give you some coordinates, then type in "move_character CharName X,Y" with CharName being the generals name and X,Y being the coordinates that you received earlier. If the character is alive he should be teleported to that location.

I can't seem to replicate this in my own install. Killing off characters even faction leaders are all resulting in the expected consequences, characters are properly dead/upkeep is reduced/line of succession reacts/etc. I'd need more info to try and find the source of your problem, perhaps you could share your save. Did you install all of the MOS bugfixers before installing BGS?
    Last edited by Greatness7; February 19, 2014 at 02:42 AM.

Excellent, now I can finally execute those annoying generals that eat up all my upkeep and are good for nothing more! And I don't want nazgul in my mordor campaign. But I have a question: do the generals' bodyguards automatically recover a portion of their strength each turn, or do they have to be re-trained?

Also, is this mod compatible with the 3 bugfixes for 1.6.2? One of them fixes a crucial problem I've been having (villages not upgrading to towns), and I'm a little hesitant about this mod breaking it again.

EDIT: Oh no! Installing this mod caused all of characters on the map's traits to become all wildly jumbled up. Poor Aldburg thinks he's Celeborn, Boromir and chief of Gundabad at the same time! He really hates Muslims and not too fond of Aztecs and their ways either! Must be that horrid wife of his driving him insane, by which no less than 3 awful traits tell us what a vixen she is. Hilarity aside, it totally broke my save.

Fortunately I've backed up my descr. files before overwriting them with this mod's file. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the other files contained in the folders won't mess up my game further, and require a reinstall. Until then, I'll wait until 1.6.3 is released and this mod is made compatible with it, when I'll start an all new campaign.

I'm not sure what was it that I did that blew the fuses. I had to extract the files from this mod into the data folder of my third age installation, right?
    Last edited by Carl Jung was right; February 18, 2014 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    Also, is this mod compatible with the 3 bugfixes for 1.6.2? One of them fixes a crucial problem I've been having (villages not upgrading to towns), and I'm a little hesitant about this mod breaking it again.
    Yes it should be working with the newest bugfixes. This only includes the ones posted by Stylix here (as of Feb 19). If there are other patches/changes elsewhere in the thread those are not covered.

EDIT: Oh no! Installing this mod caused all of characters on the map's traits to become all wildly jumbled up. Poor Aldburg thinks he's Celeborn, Boromir and chief of Gundabad at the same time! He really hates Muslims and not too fond of Aztecs and their ways either! Must be that horrid wife of his driving him insane, by which no less than 3 awful traits tell us what a vixen she is. Hilarity aside, it totally broke my save.

Fortunately I've backed up my descr. files before overwriting them with this mod's file. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the other files contained in the folders won't mess up my game further, and require a reinstall. Until then, I'll wait until 1.6.3 is released and this mod is made compatible with it, when I'll start an all new campaign.

I'm not sure what was it that I did that blew the fuses. I had to extract the files from this mod into the data folder of my third age installation, right?
    I'm not sure of the cause to your problems, but extracting into the Third_Age_3\data folder is indeed the correct way to install (be sure to run cleaner.bat afterwards!). I reinstalled it myself to test and there doesn't seem to be any issues with the traits on my end. It does sound like an installation problem from your description though, are you sure you extracted it to the "Third_Age_3" data folder and not the base "Medieval II Total War" one? There are also known installation problems with all mods for people whom use the default installation paths (Program Files) in Windows 7/Vista/etc, due to the UAC.

In any case, here is an archive that will let you uninstall the mod cleanly. All it includes is the original MOS+Bugfixer files that BGS overwrites, so you can simply re-overwrite them again back to the defaults. Of course this uninstall will only work correctly if you originally installed in the right place.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

it totally broke my save.
    It would do, yes, because this submod is not save game compatible. The original submod thread mentions this. Even if it didn't screw anything up you still wouldn't be able to use the switcher anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatness7 View Post
    You could try moving the character via the console to see if he is still actually alive.

First position your mouse over the location you want to move the character to, then open the console with the ~ key and type in "show_cursorstat". It will give you some coordinates, then type in "move_character CharName X,Y" with CharName being the generals name and X,Y being the coordinates that you received earlier. If the character is alive he should be teleported to that location.

I can't seem to replicate this in my own install. Killing off characters even faction leaders are all resulting in the expected consequences, characters are properly dead/upkeep is reduced/line of succession reacts/etc. I'd need more info to try and find the source of your problem, perhaps you could share your save. Did you install all of the MOS bugfixers before installing BGS?
    Strangely enough, it fixed itselves. When I reloaded said game the supposed-to-be-dead faction leader was gone from my character overview and the title was now given to another general.
    Weird. But, Everything seems to be fine now.
    Thanks, anyways^^

It appears that each time I click on a unit, the executioner dialogue comes up. It does this even if I restart the game. The key is still at its original "k", and it's not like I push it every restart. Is there any way I can fix this?

Hi,
    It's a very cool mod!!What is the script which decide the bodyguards of new generals?Can i add new units?

Hello

Playing as a Gondor(H or VH/VH) for about 120 turns and never got the Military Reform Completed event.. Hence i cannot build High Tier Barracks/Archery Range/Siege Engineer/Stables. And also no Armorers past Heavy Mail. Its nothing crucial, but its getting harder and harder fighting off 3-6 full stacks with militias and entry level(armor wise) gondorian infantry. xD Im not sure if i should post it here, but my campagins before Bodyguard Switcher Installation were working okay xD ill try out other factions as soon as i have enough free time :S

I can live with it but i'd be grateful for any help aswell. Thanks in advance!

Great mod btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Chromatik View Post
    It appears that each time I click on a unit, the executioner dialogue comes up. It does this even if I restart the game. The key is still at its original "k", and it's not like I push it every restart. Is there any way I can fix this?
    I seen you posted in another submods thread around the same time as this one. I don't know if you're trying to use both submods together, but if you are that would probably cause some issues. I should also mention that this submod is not save game compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMuffin View Post
    Hello

Playing as a Gondor(H or VH/VH) for about 120 turns and never got the Military Reform Completed event.. Hence i cannot build High Tier Barracks/Archery Range/Siege Engineer/Stables. And also no Armorers past Heavy Mail. Its nothing crucial, but its getting harder and harder fighting off 3-6 full stacks with militias and entry level(armor wise) gondorian infantry. xD Im not sure if i should post it here, but my campagins before Bodyguard Switcher Installation were working okay xD ill try out other factions as soon as i have enough free time :S

I can live with it but i'd be grateful for any help aswell. Thanks in advance!
    This submod doesn't make any changes to the files which control the barracks events (descr_events.txt and export_descr_buildings.txt). If for some reason you're still having this issue you could try manually removing the barracks events as detailed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatness7 View Post
    I seen you posted in another submods thread around the same time as this one. I don't know if you're trying to use both submods together, but if you are that would probably cause some issues. I should also mention that this submod is not save game compatible.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll have to look at the changes instead of being rash next time, but until then I've found that the executioner isn't summoned unless I do it as you instructed. I can handle the annoying dialog now, because it goes away until I reload the game again.

I can not seem to get this to work. I have extracted the files to the third age folder, double checked to make sure they were going to the right location as well. Run the Cleaner.bat file and then deleteted the keys file, checked my virtual store which had nothing in it for SEGA games. This is with MOS 1.62 and the most recent bodyguard switcher 2.11. When I start a new game I can not find the commands in the keyboard file. Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by briann View Post
    I can not seem to get this to work. I have extracted the files to the third age folder, double checked to make sure they were going to the right location as well. Run the Cleaner.bat file and then deleteted the keys file, checked my virtual store which had nothing in it for SEGA games. This is with MOS 1.62 and the most recent bodyguard switcher 2.11. When I start a new game I can not find the commands in the keyboard file. Any help would be appreciated.

Brian
    The files should be extracted to the "Third_Age_3/data" folder, overwriting when necessary. I've updated the instructions, thanks for pointing out my error.

I experienced the same thing as Carl Jung was right
    , might it be because I tried to use the mod in my save-game?
    Last edited by 123123123; August 06, 2014 at 12:20 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

This submod worked for me just fine. It requires a new game since it alters sript files. Is there any chance of a reunited kingdom compatible version pls?

Have u tried it with RK?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Withwnar do not make versions of his mods for other mods, as that require constant maintenance as those and/or his mods update.
    However other mods are free to ask about implementing Withwnar'a into theirs, as well as others can ask about making versions that are compatible with the mod(s) they are playing

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

2.11 is for MOS1.60 or MOs 1.61 or MOS 1.62

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

The thread title says "Bodyguard Switcher 2.1.1 for MOS 1.6.2".

Yes but is it compatible with MOS 1.60

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast