Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bodyguard Switcher 2.1.1 for MOS 1.6.2 [RELEASED]

Default Re: Bodyguard Switcher 2.1.1 for MOS 1.6.2 [RELEASED/UPDATED]

No characters in the corner. But another detail about the error, after every attempt and the no room screen shows up it takes me back to a general in Bree called Mablung. I tried to kill him to see if the error disappears but it remains

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Can you zip and attach your save game?

Aha! In your campaign the papal_states are dead. Maybe MOS kills that faction when Mordor is destroyed - I don't know.

The BGS script assumes that papal_states never die; it uses that faction for spawning merchants for tile testing purposes.

There is no fix for your campaign, not unless you resurrect papal_states somehow. But more generally and importantly MOS and BGS are not fully compatible - it stops working when MOS kills the papal_states, whenever that is.

crap..

So there's no script to ressurect the papals?

I think I, myself added the papal states in the script u gave me to destroy Mordor (another tbread) cause I didnt want Sauron to keep calling Invasions......... -_-

I vaguely remember that. Okay, good, so it isn't a MOS thing.

There might be a way to resurrect papal_states but this thread isn't the place to discuss it. If you can find that other post where I told you how to kill them then ask there, with a link to that original post so I can find it, and let me know where you asked this new question. But you'll get invasions back.

Here's the link, I'll ask there - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rsed-restarted

Just goes to show how hard it can be to do troubleshooting for a highly modded game like this. Such an odd bug caused by some obscure change the user made to their own individual install... I'd probably have never figured out what was causing the issue, so thanks for the help Withwnar.

In other news, I haven't had much time for TATW recently, but when I do get around to playing again (I usually do come back to it ever so often) I'll take a crack at a Reunited Kingdoms version. I just need to play it some first to get a handle on what's changed. I'm actually surprised MOS is still on 1.6.2, has the RK sub-submod become it's defacto successor for now?
    Last edited by Greatness7; October 22, 2014 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatness7 View Post
    thanks for the help Withwnar.
    You're welcome Greatness7. I'm glad that it wasn't a MOS issue (or a vanilla issue) but it might be something to keep in mind in case MOS ever decides to kill off the papal_states for some reason.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

HI Greatness7I have a question wil you made this mod compatible whit 1.7

greetings atthias

Greetings everyone Is this compatible with MOS 1.7?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    HI Greatness7I have a question wil you made this mod compatible whit 1.7

greetings atthias
    Quote Originally Posted by ssteven123 View Post
    Greetings everyone Is this compatible with MOS 1.7?
    Will quote the elaborate answer from a veteran for this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell
    No

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Sooo, how can we make this mod compatible with 1.7 because i sooo want to use this mod.
    Last edited by OverLORDY; May 10, 2015 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OverLORDY View Post
    Sooo, how can we make this mod compatible with 1.7 because i sooo want to use this mod.
    Good Question anyone know if this will be/or is compatible with 1.7?

Default Re: Bodyguard Switcher 2.1.1 for MOS 1.6.2 [RELEASED]

It would be nice if someone could pick this up and get it going for mos 1.7 or dac v2

One reason it possibly won't be updated to later MOS releases is a lack of unit slots available. In order to have as much variety as possible for each faction, various unique units are used thus taking away from the number of bodyguard units thus keeping the number of unique bodyguard units to a bare minimum. This is why this mod was not included in the last MOS RK Mod or MOS 1.7 since the edus for both have reached the 500 unit maximum. Someone can of course add this mod but it will require the removal of a number of units already in the game.

So this in any way just can't be normally used in MOS 1.6.2 with ReUnited Kingdom installed? Not the Directors Cut version. Just plain 1.6.2 RK.

That is correct, there are many changes in the edus (export_descr_unit) of the various mods. So this is for MOS 1.62 only.

Hello there, I'm such a gravedigger looking for the slimmest hope when bumbing this thread up. But yeah, the links for this mod are dead. And for me it's big part of the immersion to be able to change the bodyguards to fit the generals picture

So.. does anyone have the mod and could propably share it? If anyone got it this, I'm more than surprised, yet very happy!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast