Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SavageMod - Difficulty Mod - Play Legendary AI Bonuses with Hard Diplomacy (or vice versa)

Default SavageMod - Difficulty Mod - Play Legendary AI Bonuses with Hard Diplomacy (or vice versa)

I am modding the game as I play and will probably release a more comprehensive mod down the line. But for now, I have created a handy little difficulty mod that lets you separate the "Diplomacy" difficulty level from the "AI bonus" difficulty level.

Basically, the difficulty setting you choose at game start affects to things: diplomacy and bonuses to the AI. Many would agree that diplomacy is broken on Legendary, and even on Very Hard it can be ridiculously hostile to the player at times. (I think "Hard" is about right... it disadvantages the player a bit but still allows the AI to make rational decisions.) On the other hand, the AI only starts getting significant bonuses on Very Hard. For a player like myself, I don't mind giving the AI big campaign bonuses, but I still want a diplomacy that works rationally.

So with this mod, the "Diplomacy Difficulty" will be difficulty setting you choose at the beginning of the game. But the "AI Bonus Difficulty" is determined by which mod file you choose to run. "VanillaDif_Hard.pack" sets bonus settings for ALL levels to the "Hard" level. "VanillaDif_VeryHard.pack" sets bonus settings for ALL levels to the "Very Hard" level. etc. So if you want to play with "Hard" diplomacy (a good level in my opinion) but give the AI "Legendary" bonuses (and yourself "Legendary" maluses), you choose "Hard" at the start of campaign and run with the "VandillaDif_Legendary.pack" mod.

This mod also allows you to switch difficulty levels mid-campaign. So if you start on "Hard" but decide it's too easy and want to give the AI a boost, simply run with the "VeryHard" or "Legendary" mod installed and the AI will get those bonuses going forward.

The only difference with the "SavageDif" files is that the SavageDif gives an additional +8 public order bonus to the AI to prevent the AI from suffering constant rebellions.

Here's the zip with all six mod files included: Vanilla Hard, VH, Legendary, and Savage Hard, VH and Legendary:
    SavageDif.zip

Hope this is useful to some of you.

Installation:
    Just select in Mod Manager or add to the script file, like any other mod.

The Savage

P.S. As for a more comprehensive mod, I have some really great ideas for a significant overhaul. But I want to play through a few more campaigns (almost done with my first) to make sure that I get it right. So stay tuned...
    Last edited by TheSavage; September 17, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

Default Re: SavageMod - Difficulty Mod - Play Legendary AI Bonuses with Hard Diplomacy (or vice versa)

Reserved

Default Re: SavageMod - Difficulty Mod - Play Legendary AI Bonuses with Hard Diplomacy (or vice versa)

Reserved 2

Nice idea this. Currently find the AI too passive on all difficulty settings, tbh, but stuff like this is always good. Could you add more AI buffs onto legendary, like a legendary+ kinda setting? Would be happy to give that a whirl <3

This sounds pretty good. Unfortunately I'm invested in a new campaign that's set to very hard difficulty, so I'll be stuck with that diplomacy system. At least with this, I can reign in their silly advantages.

One question, though: I opened a few of your files with PFM to make sure it didn't change any tables that my other mods use, but I didn't find anything there. It takes me to campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects and there's nothing there. Just a glitch with PFM, or is the code actually missing?

Almost done with my Suebi campaign by now, but can't wait to try it out on my next playthrough. Sounds really great! I hope it's compatible with Radious mods ^_^

Scratch my last post. I didn't have the latest PFM. All is good, thanks for the mod!

thx for efforts will try out now!

Anyone mind giving any kind of install instructions? There are literally zero here.

Could you please give another Option to download the mod, the one here don't work

Yep download is messed up .

Worked fine for me.

This is a very nice mod. No one seems to have cracked the code on adjusting the diplomacy properly, or at least its a much bigger job, so at least this is something to give us more control. Hard diplomacy seemed solid, AI wouldn't just trade agreement you no problem, had to have some decent relations.

Sorry the download was broken. Think it was TWC. Working fine now.

Should be compatible with Radious Mod or another other Mod. I'm quite certain that Radious modifies the difficulty AI bonuses, so just make sure that my mod loads after his in the load order. (You can select this in Mod Manager.)

I still can't download the mod

Don't use Chrome, it's bad for TWC for some reason

the download does not work.. please upload it elsewhere

Download link won't work

Foederatus

Run this mod with Emperator Edition?

Thanks,

So for the rational diplomacy choices and very hard campaign which pack should i choose? I'm a bit confused and one more question

If me and my friend play multi campaign and both have the same pack is it possible to play together?

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast