Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/ Launcher wont load error

Default Re: [How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/ Launcher wont load error

Anyway - did you asked authors about problem with this patch?

Default Re: [How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/wont load

heeey guy's/girl's/men/woman

I just bought the game yesterday on steam and it just get stuck at the big white loading screen and don'tdo anything.
    I know you all explaind what to do but uuuhm im a really really really big noob at computer stuff like that soo i hope someone can help me :/. bdw i play it on a laptop with windows 2007.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by wesvonck View Post
    heeey guy's/girl's/men/woman

I just bought the game yesterday on steam and it just get stuck at the big white loading screen and don'tdo anything.
    I know you all explaind what to do but uuuhm im a really really really big noob at computer stuff like that soo i hope someone can help me :/. bdw i play it on a laptop with windows 2007.
    First this problem, does it appear when you click "play game" on steam and its white on the launch screen, or is the screen white after clicking play on the total war launcher.

If it's after clicking play on the launcher, is the white screen sudden?, can you hear auido? does the white screen appear before or after the cinematic video....

Need more detail into your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    First this problem, does it appear when you click "play game" on steam and its white on the launch screen, or is the screen white after clicking play on the total war launcher.

If it's after clicking play on the launcher, is the white screen sudden?, can you hear auido? does the white screen appear before or after the cinematic video....

Okey i go to steam then i click on play, thenget a litle from the game itself then i click play game and then i get the bin white screen with the title of the game and then nothing happens....

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post

Quote Originally Posted by wesvonck View Post
    Okey i go to steam then i click on play, thenget a litle from the game itself then i click play game and then i get the bin white screen with the title of the game and then nothing happens....
    Dictator Of The Roman Republic: I have been having this problem for well over a month. Have re verified the game cache, re downloaded the entire game. Deleted mods as well as going through the list at the beginning of the thread... There is no audio upon start up and it just sits on the white launch screen. No matter how I start the game, from desktop icon or through steam directly it does the same thing. As far as I know all my drivers are up to date. I was playing fine until the last patch came online through steam. Ever since then Rome II will not work for me.

Please help....
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

Default Re: [How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/ Launcher wont load error

I'm having this problem aswell I press the launch but the game won't start up first time ever I had his loading problem I tried every fix but still its not working any help please.

beta patch installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Teil View Post
    beta patch installed?
    Hi Teil no haven't Installed that yet mate and I un ticked all the mods still won't work now reinstalling for the third time today.

Foederatus

Hey, same here my game won“t launch, If i start it via my Library it leads me to the CA Mod Manager and I try to launch my game but nothing is happening besides my player icon shows that I am in-game, and vanishing after a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by SamQuest View Post
    Hey, same here my game won“t launch, If i start it via my Library it leads me to the CA Mod Manager and I try to launch my game but nothing is happening besides my player icon shows that I am in-game, and vanishing after a few seconds.
    That is what I'm getting to mate it just wont start up for some reason hopefully CA will fix the problem.

ey guys
    here my situation

Installed Rome2 with Steam
    Verified Game Files
    Hitting play game from steam menu
    Windows freezes (have to hit power button for 10 secs as NOTHING moves or works any more)

now the funny part

for about 2 days it suddenly worked. Launcher started and I could play without issues. 2 days later... zoing freeze on start click again...

I tried pretty much every fix in the OP. Really desperate, dunno what to do. any ideas?

EDIT Part II
    works again. after 5 critical crashes including freeze, it works again... I did all the fixes, did not help, leaned back smoked a cigarette and suddenly it started and worked... Seriously sometimes I want to have a software developer in front of me, tell him to explain me what just happened and if he cant, execute him in the most roman barbaric way I can imagine...
    Last edited by Samir; July 24, 2015 at 02:20 AM.
    Samir
    the gods are good, only the priests are evil
    <Voltaire>

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Guys i need some help and i thought i'd ask here before starting a new thread.

I always use mitch's mod manager but ever since i updated to the beta patch (i want to play the game with the latest version of DEI which requires 1.7) a steam window pops up and says:

"Allow Total War Rome II - Emperor Edition to launch with optional command line "1" ?

If you did not request this launch then click cancel"

If i press OK then nothing happens, the game doesn't launch, steam siezes up for about 5 seconds and that's it.

Any help would be appreciated
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Same problem

Laetus

Well my launcher is broken. Patch 17 has utterly broken it, had launcher freezing from November 2014 but I figured out that the "data.pack.rome2" file was causing the issue. I simply removed it from the data folder, to the desktop, started the launched, put it back in and it was ok. Patch 17 broke my workaround, none of those tips in the OP work and I guess my game is screwed, for now.

Patch 17 auto-updated through Steam and the game was running fine most of yesterday. It wasn't until I'd saved my DeI campaign, and tried exiting to Windows when my system decided to crash. Not just the game, but the computer itself flatout went to blue screen. After that, I resolved not to touch the game for the rest of the day.

Got into it today, loaded up the same configuration of mods that'd worked yesterday, and the game didn't get past the loading screen. Attempted various different setups after that, all of them a bust. In a last ditch try, I disabled all the mods and ran the game vanilla. Nada. Then did a full restart thinking that would help. Low and behold, it didn't do anything. Rather than keep at it and risk putting my head through the wall in futility (because when Rome 2 puts up a fuss, it's awfully damn fickle about it), I instead walked away and haven't bothered with it.

Hello to all of you,

I bought the game 2 days ago and yesterday i downloaded it and installed it through steam. When i launched it i have the launcher and when i click on play, nothing happens....

I tried all the above solution but my game still does not want to launch....
    I really need your help, so if you have any idea for me please do.

Thanks !
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 28, 2019 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Fixed format.

same problem here, when i click the play button nothing happens. tried reinstalling and all the solutions there are in the internet, but still no luck. rome, medieval 2, empire and napoleon work great. as for shogun 2 i have managed to play it with directx 9, but on directx 11 won't work. i updated windows 7 to windows 10, and in 7 all worked well. in 10 it's not working. tried compatibilty mode, and there was one time i managed to get rome 2 running in compatibility mode windows 8.1, but on the next day it broke again.
    any help?

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

gfx_device_type fix worked but the game looks dogshit in shader 3. How enable dx11?
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    gfx_device_type fix worked but the game looks dogshit in shader 3. How enable dx11?
    That's a hell of a necropost...
    You can try the AppData fix by clicking on my Sig and follow step 6 from the OP. If that won't help you just reach me and we can try something else.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345