Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/ Launcher wont load error

Default Re: [How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/ Launcher wont load error

Hey guys, thanks for the help. Was having the same problem re black screen on load up, tried all solutions and eventually managed to get the game working again by changing gfx_device to 0. However now when I start a new game the campaign map graphics are terrible and the the battle graphics are also much worse . Have never had any graphic problems with before! anyone know why this would affect the graphics so badly??
    After patch 15 update I had to edit the preference.scripts folder as such:
    gfx_enable_directx11 true; # gfx_enable_directx11 <bool>, Enable DirectX 11 rendering #

Change the text of "true" to "false"

gfx_enable_directx11 false; # gfx_enable_directx11 <bool>, Enable DirectX 11 rendering #

however this didn't downgrade graphics. very confused! any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: [How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/ Launcher wont load error

I tried every solution that was listed, but sadly Rome 2 still doesn't launch when I press play in the launcher. I'm really pissed off that CA can't provide a working game after the release. At least it ran before the EE update.

I had the same problem and I figured out just copying preferences.script in the folder appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly/rome2/script. Pay attention if the script name is correct (preferences.script) and has been saved as "unicode". Furthermore, make sure that the file contains the right commands, as you can see at the page:http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...22#post1117622.

aljonzc's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/wont load

Hey aahhmm my problem is that whenever I load the save game, the first loading screen with still in small bar changes to another loading screen and loads back to the main menu. The last I exit to the game is through alt+f4.

Is this fixable?

Thanks for this, last few times this happened I reinstalled :|.

Thanks, bro, the first option worked just fine! The game began crashing for no reason, apparently after I tested a mod I made that changes mission.txt, hehe.

I have the Launcher crash problem and only the solution "b3" worked for me.

The Launcher problem happened after Wrath of Sparta expansion.

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Thanks, the first route worked very well for me

solution a1 worked for me. thanks!

But i lost my saves games

Default Peoblem with scripts

I've gone into scripts folder but it is empty

i had the same problem script folder empty and i did check show hidden folders but nothing,i need some help through a program like Teamviewer because i have 2 left hands when regarding computers so any help would be appreciated

really? nobody has the knowledge to help me with this? im not that computerhandy or i would try and do it myself but i am not making the mistake to do it myself and risking wrecking my computer so please any help with teamviewer would be nice

Hi,I will make a long story short.I was doing ok with rome 2 until i got the mod 4tpy pack,then i had to go to c:x86 app\program file folder to delete 2 mod pack file folders that caused game issues at white screen game startup where it froze.I validated game cahce files.I am tole to delete rome 2 folder in %appdata% in windows 8.1 start menu serch menu,found creative assembly and roaming folder then rome 2 folder.now all I need to do is delete the rome 2 folder and the game should run right?

well step a1 worked for me it pass the white screen and loaded.but what do i du in fututre situations for this game if i want to make grand campaign 4 turns per year pack?I hope it wont fail again,but i notice when i followed the steps my game saves didnt show when i open menu.it didnt show the continue campaign button.just play and mod packs.

Have tried every single option given in this thread to get past the white Rome II loading screen. Am now deleting all game content and will try to redownload the game on my HORRIBLE CONNECTION. It should not surprise me that Rome II and TW games are having these kind of stupid as problems. I will report back once I can redownload the game, so see you all in about a week. FFS those clowns at Steam and Creative Assembly suck epically....
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

Hi!

I have a problem similiar to yours. When I run my Total War: Rome II, i see this:

Just a half of the screen. After few moments windows cursor changes into game cursor and... that's all. I have waited over 40 minutes and nothing.

I have tried all solutions from here, and nothing. What is more, demo versions of Shogun and Napoleon works without problem.

Any idea, what it can be? =)

Oh, one more thing - in my task menager the game shows, that there is no error, and it is responding properely.

^^^ Exactly what I am getting. Have now re downloaded the game and worked through the list of fixes again, still no change just white Rome II loading screen. Never even get the TW cursor, just the spinning circle of not responding... Sad, the game worked before that update...
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

This brings hope, that after next patch everything will come back to normal. =) I can't wait to play for the first time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast