Thread: Rome 2TW: Excel Campaign/Battle Tracker - WIP

Default Rome 2TW: Excel Campaign/Battle Tracker - WIP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1 HERE

Instructions

Unfortunately, I never made any instructions. However, the entire thing operates through information you type into the INPUT SCREEN tab of the file.

In the download above, it contains the campaign I played and used in the images below. I left it there to show you how it will look. To remove my stuff:

1) Go to the Tab called "
    Battle History" and delete cells A2 through R106. To do this, left click on cell A2. Scroll down until you see the last of my entries on row 106. Now hold down the shift key and left click cell R106. This will highlight everything. Hit Delete on your keyboard.

2) Do the same thing for cells A2 through F16 on the tab called "WAR PHASES"

Hi everybody,

This is not a in game mod, but I have seen a few posts from people wanting to know if something like this exists or not. To my knowledge the only excel type workbook associated with Total War is for helping oversee towns and growth.

What this spreadsheet does is allows you to input your data from your battles you have while playing Rome 2 and it spits out charts and statistics showing you a range of interesting aspects of your play through. Theoretically, all you will need to do when it is completed is to simply jot down on a piece of paper as you play all your battle statistics (what legion(s) fought, who they fought, what year and casualties...along with some other information that is not important unless you just like to be detailed).

The main areas it will detail out in the first release will only be for the following:

VER 1 Release will Have:

- Total Casualties of your Faction vs your Enemies
    - Total Casualties each year (so you can see when the deadliest years where and which all factions lost soldiers to fighting) (helps find deadliest year on record)
    - Total Casualties per "Theater of War" - This is what I need a geography helper for
    - Total Casualties inflicted on each faction by you (helps quickly see who you * up the most during your campaign)
    - Total Casualties sustained from each faction (to see who gave you the toughest fight)
    - Longest unstopped war(s) during your campaign

And if I decide to make a VER 2 Release

Army Charts -> Chart for each of your Armies
    - Total battles fought
    - Total battles lead
    - Total battles assisted in
    - Total Armies crushed
    - Total Casualties inflicted
    - Total Casualties sustained
    - Most active Theaters (tracks total battles in each theater)
    - Deadliest Theater (tracks where you killed and lost the most men in each theater)

What I need help with is the "Theater of War" parts. I do not need any help in terms of the excel file itself, just for someone knowledgeable enough in geography to map out what zones would be say for example: Northern Italy, Germania, Gaul, British Isles, North Africa, Spain, Scythia, Mesopotania, etc etc etc.

Here are some screen shots of what I have so far.

This first image illustrates the total amount of casualties each year. RED is me (Rome). The other factions list are color coded to the color shown in the legend. The legend is the time duration of the war I had with them. The 0 with a hash tag through it (will replace that image with a skull and bones later represents that faction was destroyed. Ill add that little dove thing to show a peace treaty was signed.

The next shows how the data is added. Note that their is a lot of data that wont be used in any charts or calculations in the first release. But like I said earlier, its for those of us who are very organized simply for the fun of it.

What I need help with

As I stated earlier, I was a horrible student in school and I need help from someone who has a very basic grasp of geography. What I need is for someone to do is to take this image below and put it in photoshop or Microsoft paint and simply draw out the outlines of what they would consider to be a realistic "Theater". A theater would be something like Northern/Southern Italy, Germania, Scythia, Balkans, Mesopotania, North Africa etc etc. Then be sure to name them. Please keep them each to at least 5 provinces and not gigantic like "Africa" and "Middle East". However, for some like the British Isels, I know there is not much you can do there except only use the three territories for that one.

Why I need this information. As you see in the image above I have location on there. Basically I am going to hardcode all of the regions in Rome 2 to represent a specific theater of war. So if the battle was fought in say Mediolanum, it would automatically distinguish that the battle occurred in Northern Italy. This is then recorded in a illustration chart yet to be seen that will show the "Deadliest Theaters of War" for the entire campaign you fought.

UPDATE ON IF I MAKE A VERSION 2 LATER DOWN THE ROAD

- Once I finish Version 1 which will have or deal only with casualties of war, year and location. I MAY also make one for the individual Armies/Legions themselves that track how many battles they fought, how many men they lost and killed over the campaign, what theater was the worst for them, wins/defeats, etc. However, this is a big IF. Rome 2 is....well.....I have not played it in a year because I am still not really impressed. I have made drastic changes to get the graphics and lag improved, but it is still tough. DeI is making it much better.....but anyway, I just dont want to get anyones hopes up for a Version 2 of this is what I am saying. I am not a great coder in Excel and I know that for the legion part anyway it will require VBA more than likely. I am still very new to that area.

IF YOU PLAN ON DOING THIS, PLEASE REPLY BELOW SO THAT YOU DO NOT WASTE SOME OTHER GOOD SAMARITANS TIME. AND THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP!
    Last edited by Switz; April 25, 2017 at 09:59 AM.

Default Re: Need Geography Helper for Microsoft Excel Workbook (Rome 2 Campaign Log Tracker)

Updated with my own zones I drew out. All that is left is Asia for the most part and the sea regions for naval engagements.

**Keep in mind I am no history buff when it comes to being historically accurate in the names/locations I chose. I do not want them to be so authentic that they are too small and/or too complicated for the average player wishing to see for example how many casualties occurred in the war in...the West Nile Valley for example. But if any of you guys notice something just down right awful or WAY out of place with my listings let me know.

Default Re: Need Geography Helper for Microsoft Excel Workbook (Rome 2 Campaign Log Tracker)

I have had a few people PM me asking for the file. I'm leaving this here for all future references and give an update of where I am at.

I plan to release VER 1 in about a week. I am aiming for this weekend if time permits. Once released, it should work 100% but we will see. I have made the file VERY user friendly. Someone with ZERO Microsoft Excel experience will be able to operate it flawlessly and could even probably do their own changes in it to change it over to other Total War games or mods. For anyone interested in how to, I will be providing a instruction video on how to do that which requires no coding experience or need. It is all set up to easily just have the names of regions and theaters along with dates renamed.

To begin with, I will explain how you go about entering in your information into the "BATTLE INPUT" screen. This is pretty straight forward and I have deletable hints scattered all around for first time users even though like I said, it pretty much explains itself.

All you'll need to do is fill in the left hand columns of each battle you have and then press "ENTER BATTLE". Once pressed, it then adds the battle to the "Battle History" page and from there, it adds in the statistics into all of the charts and data centers.

Like I said...very easy.

You'll also notice another spot in the middle to add your armies. This along with some information you put into the battles section is optional and geared towards VER 2. Feel free to go ahead and use it once released because if I do make a VER 2, it will use the data you already had so you wont lose anything.

The only thing I have left to do other than some more coding on the Input Screen (shown above) is to finish with figuring out the Theaters of War territories and then attach every province to its theater. Here is a look at my current campaign in DeI. The Theaters of War will look like this which show the casualties in each theater ranked altogether.

In the screenshot, yo can see that there was a total of 28,158 casualties that occurred during my fighting in North Hispania.

There are a few other charts (not shown) that will be under this as well. These are "Top 5" charts that will depict:

- Top 5 Hardest Enemies (ranked by amount of players factions deaths that occured)
    - Top 5 Deadliest Regions
    - Top 5 Longest unstopped Wars
    - Top 5 Most Devastated Enemies (Ranked by casualty amount from your hands)
    - Top 5 Deadliest Battles Fought
    Last edited by Switz; April 24, 2017 at 08:48 PM.

I have finished all that will be seen in VER 1 Release. All that is left is some coding for the INPUT SCREEN in the previous post. Here is a GIANT image (sorry) of the main dashboard. As you can see, a lot of interesting data is collected during your campaign. Keep in mind that in the file itself you can hover over all of the graphs and it will tell you which faction it is, how many casualties, etc. Again, I plan to release this in the next few days. I am hoping that I can before the weekend starts.

Last edited by Switz; April 24, 2017 at 08:44 PM.

Default Re: Rome 2TW: Excel Campaign/Battle Tracker - WIP

Last Update Before Release

Hi everyone who is following or stumbling onto this thread the first time and is interested in this spreadsheet.

I am happy to say that I have completed the spreadsheet and will spend the day testing it to see if I discover any formulas that need corrected. Once I feel happy with that everything is working as should and polished off, I have decided to go ahead and add in some of the more popular Rome 2 TW mods as well so that if the mod changes regions/factions/years which most they surely have done so, it will be presented in the excel sheet correctly so you will not have to do this yourself. So expect different versions for:

Rome 2 Default - Grand Campaign
    DeI - Grand Campaign
    Radius - Grand Campaign

IN ADDITION, since Rome 2 is old news I have also decided to make one for Attila Default - Grand Campaign. The only problem is I do not own nor played Attila, so if you thought my "Theaters of War" was way off for the Rome 2 one as seen above, no promises it will be any better for Attila's version.

Lastly, going forward (although I am sure this probably will not be an issue until this spreadsheet gets a bit more PR), if you want me to make other versions for other Rome 2 mods or Attila mods, I need to have somewhere I can see what regions names have been changed, factions removed/added/renamed, and years changed. So if you could provide that information that would be great. The reason only DeI and Radius are getting love is because they are the only ones I stumbled on that I have this information for as seen here:

http://www.honga.net/totalwar/rome2/...php?l=en&v=dei
    http://www.honga.net/totalwar/rome2/...l=en&v=radious

This mod addresses stats sorely missing from the game. I'm so surprised this didn't generate more interest-- how could a game of this scope go without such basic stats? Anyways, I don't see anywhere that you happened to post your mod and I was wondering if you could make it available if you still have it? It would just add so much more to the game for me and I'm sure many others.

It's not a in-game mod unfortunately, but it is still very handy if you are looking for a more immersive experience and can look back on your grand campaign in awe and see how savage your fight had been to win the game. I have re uploaded the images and added a download link in the top thread.

Note that I kind of quit working on it. The file is finished though, but my grand visions of making a tutorial video and versions for other TW games and mods never happened.

Thanks so much, this is great, really appreciated!!

Oh, it seems the download link may be broken?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Download link fixed (again). My bad. And an answer to your PM, I no longer no where to find the logger for cities/settlements. I believe it was more of like a game guide type of thing, it would tell you how many farms you would need in your empire / money making / civic obedience buildings you need in order to stay afloat. Rome 2 Vanilla at launch was pretty buggy.

Hi Switz,

Do you still have a copy of your excel campaign/battle tracker sip?

I have just come across this page and I a interested in something like this.

Current download link appears to be broken