Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NOIF's Unit Retexture Mods (2.Oct 2013)

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: NOIF's Unit Retexture Mods (23.Sep 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Will this work with Radious mod?
    Yes, I also use his mods too.

@Nonebody +Cochrane: Thanks about your feedbacks. I will take look on them. I know they are not finished and it is hard to make any changes for units if people won't give feedback. Current version, some wear on pajama and some on armor. I will try dig more information, what they really wear and what they look liked. For Spartan perioki, I have some material, what I have not use yet on helmets. I also love sparta and want also make them like "BADASS" as well. I don't know is that good idea to give corinthian helmet for all spartan warriors, but will see later.

@T-Duke: While I have made my research. There was pictures, where they don't have cloak and some, where they had it. Just now I will not give a cloak for Sacred band. Previous shield color come on unit variant color, so i will set white, red and blue for unit color then they are linked to shield variant (What I really hate by CA, that armor and shield don't have own color table. I will try other colors soon and look which one is better.

What do your Spartan Heroes look like? Any one have a picture?

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by East Londoner View Post
    What do your Spartan Heroes look like? Any one have a picture?
    I am not worked on spartan heroes yet, but you will see them in future.

Ah ok koool looks good haha.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

My only consern is that you made Ptolemic army to look like Ramsees one!!!
    Infact 95% of their army consisted by Greek settlers and varius mercenaries...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    My only consern is that you made Ptolemic army to look like Ramsees one!!!
    Infact 95% of their army consisted by Greek settlers and varius mercenaries...
    Only karian axemen, ptolemaic cavalry (and scythian chariots will be retextured or maybe make custom one but with egypt model one as you saw in Rome 2 opening video, where was egypt raider on chariots, but in game there was only masked hellenic rider.) I know they were under hellenic culture, but i am not making imbalance between egypt and hellenic troops. Some changes I do, if they look boring in the battlefield. but I am not remaking Egypt like they were in Rome 1. People can ask wishes for me, if they sound good.

Do you realize that Karian Axemen were from Anatolia?.. they wouldn't have been wearing Egyptian headdresses. Also the Ptolemaic cavalry was Ptolemy's take on the Companions and would have been decidedly greek/macedonian.

I have a problem with the units of pontus, they haven't the good stuff. For exemple, the eastern hillman have shields from karian axemen and wear whites clothes.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Perlimpinpin-God View Post
    I have a problem with the units of pontus, they haven't the good stuff. For exemple, the eastern hillman have shields from karian axemen and wear whites clothes.
    Are you sure you don't use other mods what cause conflict with units? I don't have this problem as I use same mod what I uploaded here.

@♔Noif de Bodemloze♔

I'm looking forward with your texture mod. This is very interesting.

I don't know about the historical accuracy...

But I feel the non-Greek/Roman unit clothes are too "Medieval", too advanced than the supposed to be Classic era. When using or encountering non-Greek/Roman factions, I feel like playing Medieval Total War. Don't you feel that too? They should be more "naked" with more exposed body than cloth, like those the Greek and Roman. I dislike the full PJ looks.

Can you also change more Egyptian units to be more Egyptian rather than Greek too? I disappointed with Egypt, as it look far more Greek than Egyptian unlike those in Rome 1 TW. May be you can add more "Egyptian" item in the Greek styled units.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif de Bodemloze♔ View Post
    Are you sure you don't use other mods what cause conflict with units? I don't have this problem as I use same mod what I uploaded here.
    In fact, i realized it's not your mod which bug, it's an another mod ...

Agrez's Avatar Civis

ty man at last purple macedonians ty bro

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Capitane View Post
    @♔Noif de Bodemloze♔
    But I feel the non-Greek/Roman unit clothes are too "Medieval", too advanced than the supposed to be Classic era. When using or encountering non-Greek/Roman factions, I feel like playing Medieval Total War. Don't you feel that too? They should be more "naked" with more exposed body than cloth, like those the Greek and Roman. I dislike the full PJ looks.

Can you also change more Egyptian units to be more Egyptian rather than Greek too? I disappointed with Egypt, as it look far more Greek than Egyptian unlike those in Rome 1 TW. May be you can add more "Egyptian" item in the Greek styled units.
    I know that I can't make all my customers happy with all different wishes, so I look only what are good choices. It is also ridiculous for me, that CA has done only few textures for Egyptians and that made me feel disappointed, so I can't make them like I want. I will make make some fixes for Egyptian units, but I like Greeks and Egyptians and their history. I was surprised that even 2 retexture on Egypt can make discuss here. No comment for "more naked" and no more discuss about this. Keep this thread clean.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; September 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM.

Is there any way you could recolour the athenian unit tunics and sleeves to the ones shown in your Carthaginian Sacred Band pic? I like the darker feel shown in your Sacred Band pic

Hi. You made Karian Axmen wrong. Karian mercenaries were people from Anatolia so they never look like Ramsete Egyptians.
    Karians Vanilla look more realistic than yours. Please change them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...naSoldiers.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Capitane View Post
    When using or encountering non-Greek/Roman factions, I feel like playing Medieval Total War. Don't you feel that too? They should be more "naked" with more exposed body than cloth, like those the Greek and Roman. I dislike the full PJ looks.
    I am a passionate of ancient history so I am sure that clothes are historical and ancient. Most of factions look correctly. Did you seen Iberians, Thracians, Illyrians, Carthaginians? They are the same "naked" like Greek/Roman factions. Other like Gauls, Germans, Dacians aren't "naked" because in real history they wore pants and other clothes, more than Greeks. I can't post illustrations from books because it's illegal on this forum. You can find examples in Google. CA made greeat work with clothes and much better than Rome 1 or Medieval 2.

Examples of "naked" non-Greek/Roman factions:

I disappointed with Egypt, as it look far more Greek than Egyptian unlike those in Rome 1 TW.
    Most units in Rome 1 weren't historical. Egyptians in Rome 2 are much better than Rome 1. I am sure it.

Libertus

Hello, mod manager doesn't find the radious packs since i use patch 3 bêta. I ve removed all other mods and retried but always mod manager doesn't find radious pacs. Does someone else has the same problem? Or a solution?

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tonio59 View Post
    Hello, mod manager doesn't find the radious packs since i use patch 3 bêta. I ve removed all other mods and retried but always mod manager doesn't find radious pacs. Does someone else has the same problem? Or a solution?
    You should better ask it by Radious.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Total-War-Mod

Libertus

Excuse me, i made a mistake, but i ve got this problem with your mods, the all packs include or the individual packs (hellenic, eastern...). I used them separately but none of them is recognized by mod manager.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tonio59 View Post
    Excuse me, i made a mistake, but i ve got this problem with your mods, the all packs include or the individual packs (hellenic, eastern...). I used them separately but none of them is recognized by mod manager.
    My mods are saved in movie format so they should work in game without mod manager. That why mods doesn't need mod manager.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast