Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smaller mouse pointer

Default Smaller mouse pointer

This mod will make your in-game cursors smaller. The default size is 48x48 pixels and it will scale it down to 70%, which is 34x34 pixels.

How to install:
    Download the .zip file. Then extract the smaller_cursors.pack from the .zip file into your game's data directory. That's it.

Download Link

Sample Preview:
    (Resized)(Original)
    Last edited by Ishan; September 15, 2013 at 03:38 PM.

Default Smaller mouse pointer

Make the in-game mouse pointer about a 1/2 or 1/4 of the size it is now. Way to big imo.
    Last edited by carbide; September 11, 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Default Re: Smaller mouse pointer

The icons will appear alright if someone is playing 1080p+ resolution. However this is really simple to do and i'm willing to do this for you. Is this much size difference enough for you?
    (Original)

Ishan this is perfect !

I'd also like to voice some interest in seeing this done; I could probably mod my own but if there's a chance to produce something for the community as a whole, that'd be more constructive

Scientia potentia est. Eam bene tege!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    The icons will appear alright if someone is playing 1080p+ resolution. However this is really simple to do and i'm willing to do this for you. Is this much size difference enough for you?
    (Original)

That would be great!

I'm using 1080p but think the stock pointer is too large. I prefer minimum UI, smaller pointer and whatnot. I assume the change in size would also affect the pointer for selecting your units aswell?
    Anyways that much of a change in size from the pics you showed would work fine for me and many thanks ahead of time when done.

Bringing back to front.... maybe forgotten?

Yeah sorry mate, it's better to nag me on my profile as now keeping track of my posts is a bit hard for me since the search function is broken on this forum. It's a little late at night and i will do this first thing in the morning.
    Half of them are already done anyways, in total there are 322 to convert manually. But no biggie.

YHEY! release i ISHAN THANK YOU!!!!

Alright so it turns out that i wasted a lot of time in batch processing these cursor files. In the "Total War Rome 2\data\UI\Cursors" directory it has all the in-game cursors. They were in .cur format. What i did was that i converted them all to .png first and then resized them to 70%. Then reconverted them back to .cur format which the game reads. But when i launched the game there was no success. The cursor size was same, but now it was even worse since it picked the new converted cursors i placed which were smaller in size, so it gave me pixelated and blurred cursors since it was scanning a smaller image into a bigger one.

Then i realised that there might be a db file that might have a default dimension settings. And i was right. In the db\cursor_tables\cursor file i changed the dimensions from 48x48 to 34x34 pixels and then saved it as a new .pack file and it now worked.

Anyways instead of creating a new thread i used your thread and placed this mod kinda thing in the OP. Hope someone finds it useful. Btw some please report back whether it's even working for you guys or not, i'm a n00b at this..
    Last edited by Ishan; September 15, 2013 at 03:53 PM.

Thank you very much for this, downloading now to give it a try and will report back later.

Works for me, thanks!
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Works for me too and just the right size... very nice job.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Toight

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Thanks, I was struck with disbelief when I saw the size of the pointers in 1080p. Downloading now!

how about the unit cards TAB now ). thanks for this btw

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

I was going through all the released mods and I noticed this one. WOW, what a great find. Thx man. I felt like I was playing a First Person Shooter with that bulls-eye.

Aurielius's Avatar Foederatus

Works as advertised and is definitely an overlooked little gem of a mod....thanks.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

simple and useful, thanks to the Magister!

simply place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data ????????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast