Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Myrmidon Legendary Unit [All Black Armoured Elite Swordsmen]

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

Default Re: Myrmidon Legendary Unit

this are factions able to redcruit them: athens, epirus, sparta, macedon, pontos, seleucids, ptolemaics,
    has anyone an idea how to make them available in macedon only (best would be thessaly, but i guess thats impossible)

i'm trying right now to give them the dark shaded bronce cuirass. as there is no completely black/very dark breast plate.

yeah i tried to give them spears too, but this didnt work. so i made them swordsmen with javelins...

i gave them the darkest breastplate i could find. what do you think?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; September 15, 2013 at 08:35 AM.

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

ah, looks great!

Looks really great but I still think the Greek curved swords look better than straight ones!

It looks great, but here you have even darker - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...?621019-Arcani

Maybe you could ask author for permission to use that?

Also looks better with a breast-plate, and that plate from above looks awesome ^

ah very cool. i'll have a look at the arcani files and will try to colour the breastplate by myself

Medina's Avatar Miles

Wow looks really cool! When will you release it? i can't wait! +rep

dude i live in Athens, but Myrmidons were Great Alexanders=Macedonia. learn your history......

Quote Originally Posted by Steel*Faith View Post
    Really looking forward to this! The Greek Champion has the perfect armor and look for the the Myrmidons.

Screw you Makedonians, it should be Epirus and Athens!

Quote Originally Posted by erros33 View Post
    dude i live in Athens, but Myrmidons were Great Alexanders=Macedonia. learn your history......
    The Myrmidons were from Aegina, not Macedonia, and they were rivals of Athen.

Oh, here we go! Now these Myrmidons look perfect! Very awesome unit you've made here Punitor! I can't wait to storm some beaches with these guys!!!

Dude, I was only joking around
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Hey, Punitor! When are you going to release this? My Spartans are desperate for some swordsman unit that is worthy of calling themselves allies! (I conquered all of ancient Greece with only Macedon as a client state as they are the only faction worthy of the honor since it took me almost 4000 men to take Pellas)

Also, I recommend trying to make the leader of the unit stand out a bit more and removing a flag carrier since they never had any flag whatsoever from what I've seen. Otherwise, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eoreds's Avatar Foederatus
    India, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Hi,
    Great mod been wanting something of this kind,
    BTW I liked the chain mail better perhaps you could make two versions, plate and mail?
    and maybe once its possible you can make a mod for the whole trojan war?
    I can hope

Thanks,
    Eoreds
    Last edited by Eoreds; September 16, 2013 at 03:03 AM.

Shock'n'Awe's Avatar Civis

Looks Great now, can't wait for the release

to answer all your questions:
    Release: when i managed to make the breast plate all black like the corinthian helmet (should be done soon) and add a fitting general
    General and flag bearer: flag bearer will be a regular soldier with the uniformed armour. the general is will wear a horizontal crest.
    Factions: we got 2 historical sources about the myrmidons:

First: Illias; Homer 8. century BC: the myrmidons are descendant from the princess of Phthia (thessaly, macedon) , Eurymedousa, who was seduced by zeus in the form of an ant here are the coordinstes of Phthiotis: 39.027719,22.334991

Second: Metamorphoses; Ovid 1. century BC: zeus made the busy ants living beneath a sacred oak tree at the island Aegis human.

so we see it seems to be an old hellenic myth and i think its a good idea to make them available in thessaly only for every hellenic faction.
    because they were said to fight on every side just for glory itself. this is well depicted in the hollywood movie.

Troyan war mod: i got some ideas about making hetithian and mykenian infantry. shouldnt be a big problem i wanted to try this anyways. i will give the weapons a bronze tinge and use some existing equipment like persian/thracian shields.the mykenian infantry would be very randomized with tons of different greave, armour, helmet and shield types. some will lack pieces of armour, others will wear full armour.
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; September 16, 2013 at 01:43 PM.

Sweet! Cannot wait for you to get the breastplate done so we can conquer the world with a Achilles by our sides!

As for the potential Trojan war mod, I am not sure you can have a non-port city as part of a combined naval/land battle. Unless we can figure out how to edit landscapes.

That being said, I think a Trojan war mod would be much more fun than the thousands of requests for a Thermopylae mod. (I am a Spartan fan too but the movie ruined it for me. Too many historical inaccuracies)

IF you are set on doing a Trojan war mod, I am a history geek and can help do some research for potential units of the time period, such as:

Apollonian Guard- Who seem to be either elite cavalry units, elite shock troops, or personal guard of the generals of Troy. (The movie and sources depict them as each of those types)

Trojan Archers- Troy was well known for their superior archers compared to other nations at the time. This was depicted well in the movie.

Argonauts- Never stated in the movie that they were there but in the myth they were a group of Heroes fighting on the side of the Achaeans. (people attacking Troy)

Just some thoughts if you decide to do a Trojan War mod! Keep up the good work friend!

Eoreds's Avatar Foederatus
    India, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

If you do plan on doing a trojan war mod if you'd teach me basics of modding i'd help you in all ways that i can.

Thanks,
    Eoreds
    Rome 2 Unofficial fansite
    Rome 2 MP Clan
    My name on steam: [TS] Total Warlord
    My name on the official forums: Total Warlord
    my name on moddb: Eoreds

IF you are set on doing a Trojan war mod, I am a history geek and can help do some research for potential units of the time period
    So let's do this ! now im really motivated

first things first:
    1-what weapon and armour types did each side use?(bronze ofcourse, but i want more details )
    2-what would a unit roster look like?
    3-what independent city states were part of the Achaean alliance
    4-were the troyans really an independent HITTITE city state or a hellenic one? or sth completely different? as they worshiped Apollon, i guess they were both.
    5-now i'll start with the Achaean spear infantry and the Achaean axe-/swordsmen . this would be conscripted peasants mostly with a wide variety of armour, helmet and shield types. bad skills and morale but 240 men per unit.

i hope the black breast plate is done soon. it appears that i found a solution

ok here we go: black armour!
    thanks to Zaskar70 who sent me the texture files in the right compression the myrmidons are finally all black!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

when mode release plz?