Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 Editor 0.3.2 (updated 19/09 Create New Unit added))

Default Re: Rome 2 Editor 0.3.2 (updated 19/09 Create New Unit added))

Quote Originally Posted by evenflowjimbo
    I did everything right(well, everything that the help file told me) and the unit is in the game. However, when I go to battle, the units are huge to very small and don't have the armor or weapon I gave them.
    Upload your pack to have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    @ husserlTW- Is there any way you could create an editor or get this editor to work with the technology tables? There is a lot of work to be done on the techs and anything you can do to automate that process would be cool.
    My plan is to finish units ad proceed next with the secondary files related with units, like weapons, armors, projectiles and such.

However if you help me gathering the needed stuff about techs, I'll save time from searching and do that as well. I need the related tech tables, the modifications can be done (just a couple of words) and the crossed tables involved in each one.

It's a unit that suppose to use a sword(falcata) and have mail armor. I tried cloth armor before, but they still showed up with mail so I figure to stick with mail. It's for a minor faction(Masaesyli).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by evenflowjimbo; September 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM.

Hello,

I've got a big problem which occur each time I try to create a new unit. Everything goes well, until I push the button "save", when I have the error message : "the unit unique index you've choosen is already in use. Please select a new one and save again. Suggested number : >70000"

After it, I put the ID number under 70000, but it still not working.

Thanks by advance

Insert a number bigger than 70000 (Editor suggestion).

Ah, I found the problem with the height. The numbers were messed up in the variant units section or whatever. I fixed them. I also just broke down and took the sword unit from some other faction(aethiopian) and made them work with the faction I am working on. All good now. I just can't change the armor and such, but I think that isn't the problem of the editor and more of me needing to know how to work with variantmeshes.
    Last edited by evenflowjimbo; September 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM.

Inserting an index number higher than 70,000. Error keeps showing up.

The condition that Editor checks is if your entry is < than 51000. So if you enter one > 70000 you won't have problem (no dot or comma). The same stands also for buildings. I suggest bigger than 70000 just to be sure.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 22, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Sorry for all the posts. Anyways, I'm having the same problem as one other person on here. When I press "Get TSV" I don't get the units_to_groupings_military_permissions.

I think without that, my unit won't show up for said faction. I clicked done during that part and it still doesn't show up. It showed up when I created my Numidian Swordsman and appeared in game with nothing wrong. However, I tried to make a spear unit with the same clothing as the sword unit, but it doesn't give me the units_to_groupings_military_permissions this time around.

Check if in Temp folder there is one and if the entries are in there.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Check if in Temp folder there is one and if the entries are in there.
    Yeah, it's in there with all the info in it. I tried taking the entry from my sword unit and put it in the file I'm trying to get to work, change the name to the unit I was having trouble in it, but it still doesn't show up in game. I guess it worked for the sword unit and not the spear unit(that I am having trouble with) because it was just a simple clone and traded to another faction without changing the weapons and such?

Update: If this helps, whenever I restart the editor after deleting everything in the New folder, the entry for military permission is in there after I click use vanilla tsv and then by unit. However, whenever I create a new unit and press save then Get TSV, it disappears.africanspearunit.rarnumidiaswordunit.rar

The sword unit works perfectly. The spear unit does not. Both are for the Masaesyli faction.

Update: Ugh. I just figured out by Lusted post about variantmesh that this unit can't use a spear. Unless I am wrong? Would it be possible to change the equipment from a spear unit and make it look like this unit?
    Last edited by evenflowjimbo; September 22, 2013 at 08:17 PM.

Hmm, so I used the editor to create a new unit, changed the unique ID, changed the building ID, saved, and then hit Get TSV, but when I imported those TSV into a pack, they were all empty, and no change took place. Any idea why that might occur?

Quick question
    When adding custom unit do I assign the same unique I'd to the unique unit and unique buildings.
    Also is the new TSv located in the temp folder ?

I have a problem. My custom units appear as giants O.O......

All right guys..I followed the "Help" document step by step but some things are not completely clear...
    1) After I create a unit, where will all the files be? Temp folder? Vanilla Folder? what the hell? I can't understand...
    2) "select Import TSV, import your changed tsv(s) in the related tables (select yes to replace the existing entries and keep onlythe new ones) and save." wait what??? the related tables??? what is this??

All I want to know is where do I find the files I modified and what should I do with them....I would like a bit more explanation because the "guide" didn't help me...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13
    Hmm, so I used the editor to create a new unit, changed the unique ID, changed the building ID, saved, and then hit Get TSV, but when I imported those TSV into a pack, they were all empty, and no change took place. Any idea why that might occur?
    Perhaps the level of your UAC (User Control Access) does not permit changes in the files. Make sure that you (<user name>) have full control on Editor's folder, else fix it (right click on Editor's folder, Properties, Security, check your user name and Edit if needed).
    Quote Originally Posted by char
    Quick question
    When adding custom unit do I assign the same unique I'd to the unique unit and unique buildings.
    Also is the new TSv located in the temp folder ?
    Editor will noe permit using same ids. Folder is New, the one that opens automatically when you select Get TSV.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-sa-lot
    I have a problem. My custom units appear as giants O.O......
    Probably you messed with unit's height?
    Quote Originally Posted by cancan69
    All right guys..I followed the "Help" document step by step but some things are not completely clear...
    1) After I create a unit, where will all the files be? Temp folder? Vanilla Folder? what the hell? I can't understand...
    2) "select Import TSV, import your changed tsv(s) in the related tables (select yes to replace the existing entries and keep onlythe new ones) and save." wait what??? the related tables??? what is this??

All I want to know is where do I find the files I modified and what should I do with them....I would like a bit more explanation because the "guide" didn't help me...
    I think instructions are clear here. You get your new TSV when you select Get TSV. This tool supposes that you can make basic actions in PFM, like Import/Export a table as TSV file. The related file e.g. of main_units.tsv is the main_units_tables.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 23, 2013 at 02:00 PM.

Burebista's Avatar Electro Artifacts AP

Some frustration here - can someone make a Tutorial 1,2,3,4....8? please. Some ancient modders have difficulty in learning new tools
    Modding Arts Inc.

SS City Reinforcement Script - (*SS 6.2 any mod comptible)

There is already one in menu Help. What part you think it needs more details?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    There is already one in menu Help. What part you think it needs more details?
    Ok didn't noticed it - my bad - i will berify later today. Did anyone also made like a video tutorial?
    Modding Arts Inc.

Any idea how I change shield types or helmets? - rest seems to be working beside conflicts with other mods
    Last edited by Burebista; September 24, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
    Modding Arts Inc.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I'm getting an import failed message when I try to import my units custom battle permissions TSV. I have been able to import everything else but this table. See attachment for details.

Using Editor 0.3.2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG