Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 Editor 0.3.2 (updated 19/09 Create New Unit added))

Default Re: Rome 2 Editor 0.3.2 (updated 19/09 Create New Unit added))

I finally got how the program works! It's really cool but I think it misses something that might be really nice...the possibility to edit the variantmeshmodel right inside the program to make the units look like you want...with all Rome II stuff (from spears to helmets to shields) and so on...maybe I'm asking too much, I'm not an expert of programs...but probably that would be really cool!

Hey guys, Im trying to edit the upkeep cost of several units, but im a bit confused. Every time i change a value and hit "Save", and then proceeds to the next unit, it seems that everything gets multiplied.

As you can see in this screenshot, every unit exists 3 times, after having edited only 2 units. Is this supposed to happen, if not, what am I doing wrong then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo
    I'm getting an import failed message when I try to import my units custom battle permissions TSV. I have been able to import everything else but this table. See attachment for details.
    Probably your TSV you trying to import has an illegal entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo

I finally got how the program works! It's really cool but I think it misses something that might be really nice...the possibility to edit the variantmeshmodel right inside the program to make the units look like you want...with all Rome II stuff (from spears to helmets to shields) and so on...maybe I'm asking too much, I'm not an expert of programs...but probably that would be really cool!
    That was the plan. To include almost all tables but in modification groups (e.g. land units, naval units, weapons and projectiles, factions, techs, etc.) so user can have together the related tables to complete certain modifications. I am afraid that real life will force me to finish only the land units page (there are 2 more tables to be added). We'll see...

@ Stoferr

I've seen that silly mistake. I have forgotten to zero first the list before rebuilt, so on every Save the units are added in the existing. It will be fixed in next final release.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    @ Stoferr

I've seen that silly mistake. I have forgotten to zero first the list before rebuilt, so on every Save the units are added in the existing. It will be fixed in next final release.
    Thank you Husser Is there a workaround for this? I dont want to see 30 clones of the same unit in game

How do I move a unit I created myself to the game itself?
    "Patriotism is the last refuge o' Scoundrel."

-Samuel Johnson

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Probably your TSV you trying to import has an illegal entry.
    Actually the TSV your tool is creating for units_custom_battle_permissions seems to be bugged. All I did was add royal peltast to Epirus so they can use them in custom battles.

This is all your tool is adding
    Code:
    "units_custom_battle_permissions_tables"				
    "faction"	"general_unit"	"unit"	"siege_unit_attacker"	"siege_unit_defender"
    	True

@ Stoferr

It want affect your changes. It only double, triple, etc. the list items. Your changes will be saved once.

@ Captain W. Handberg

Make a pack and use it (see instructions in Help menu).

@ Kinjo

1. Double click on rom_epirus in Recourse list to add it in the left list.

2. Double click on rom_epirus in the left list.

3. Check entries in grid.

4. Select, Save.

5. If you want to add another faction repeat 1-4.

6. Select Finish and last Get TSV.

Which program do you need to open your editor?

I do not think I follow. Editor is the program.

Default Re: Rome 2 Editor 0.2 (updated 18/09 Create New Unit added))

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Right now, I'm working on a simple SQL engine for the DB tables, those should come in handy for your editor I'd guess.
    It would be great!
    It's up now, check it out to see if you can use it.
    I'm sure you can easily auto-generate the script files.

A little caveat is I'm not escaping commas right now which are the query list separators; but I don't think there are any in the unit-related tables.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Is it possible to change the radious mod veteran and evocati spears to gladius again with the program?

I do not think I follow. Editor is the program.
    Every time I try to open the editor I get a windows error (lua5.1.dll)....

Quote Originally Posted by kweiss94 View Post
    Every time I try to open the editor I get a windows error (lua5.1.dll)....
    Sorry, got it...

Ok I am very noob and I have tried many things to do what I wanna do with no result . I just want to boost the attributes of a spartan Soldier (Spartan Youths). Thats it..a cheat warrior for Sparta.
    So

1)I open the editor
    2)then chose to load vanilla files
    3)Check By Group and find Sparta
    4)Then I find the Spartan Youths and edit their attributes (Melee defense, melee damage, charge bonus, action points, e.t.c.). Only attributes, nothing else...no buildings, no special abilities.
    5) Then I select save

After that I don't know what to do. I opened the PFM and then open the data_rome2. I found the tsv entries and imported the tsv created from the editor. Hit save, e.t.c....can't make it to work Can someone please tell me what Should I do after step 5? I have not created a mod ever and I don't even know the basics.

Thanks in advance

I cannot find how to edit my post...so after step 5 I do the following. I select get TSV and the folder with the name "new" opens. Now the from the folder "pack" I get the file "My_New_Mod.pack" and copy/paste it into the game install dir. I then rename it to what I want the mod to be (In this case, "Sparta"). After that I open the pack file manager. I open the Sparta.pack. Then I go to each directory that there is a similar file in the "New" folder and select import->TSV and chose the correct tsv to import from the folder "new". Now I tried both ways. First time when it asks me to replace data I select yes. Second try I did, I selected NO. Both tries ended up the same..I login to the game and there is no effect...

What I changed is melee defense/attack to 80 and charge bonus to 50.

What I am doing wrong?

I managed to edit unit stats, i saved them, but nothing happens, everything is the same. I'm doing something wrong, can anyone help me?

Ever since patch 4 beta my generals die way too quickly. Is there any way to change the hp or survivability of my General without affecting the entire General's bodyguard? Are generals classified as Officers in this editor?

hi, I have a little problem:

Everytime I try to create new units for Syracuse, the program says:
    " The unique unit index you've chosen is already in use. Please select a new one and save again. Suggest number > 70000"
    But whatever number I use, the error message still appears. How can I create new units with this programm??

Hi can I use this mod to remove the unit caps? I went to go edit the unit cap of Spartan Hopolites in vanilla files and it has already been set to 0. Are unit caps already modded out of the vanilla files?

And please do some grammar check on your User Manual, I'm having a really hard time understanding how to use this tool. Am I supposed to use this to create TSV files which are used to make .pack files? There is option to "import" TSV in my PFM, am I just supposed to add them one by one? I am so freaking confused...

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Hey! I'm brand new to Warscape modding (well, I once made some skins with Mitch and LuckyLewis holding my hand, but that doesn't count). I'd like to make some more units based off vanilla units. Is there a list somewhere of all the different text stuff I can put in? For instance, 'Armour' says 'cloth.' What else can I put there, etc.?

Thank you so much for all of your work, and this wonderful tool! :3
    Last edited by Legio; October 10, 2013 at 06:18 PM.