Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 Editor 0.3.2 (updated 19/09 Create New Unit added))

Default Re: Rome 2 Editor 0.2 (updated 13/09)

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Are there consequences though for not optimizing?
    Not really, no.
    It is intended to make a mod more compatible with others by not including entries that might have been changed by those and are in the game anyway.
    And if the game is patched, your pack still carries the old vanilla entries you didn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    It seems that PFM has some bugs with optimizing.
    That's possible, I never got into problems with it but I've only done minor modding myself.
    If you could check what was missing, I could investigate.
    Or maybe I'll find the time to look into the packs myself.

Here is a pack I made with the tables empty. In this way you can import the edited TSV without the need of optimization since.. they are empty and the entries will not be double.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1...y_MyNewMod.zip
    Okay I get the impression you guys have problems with the TSV being added to the DB files because you don't know how to delete the existing ones?
    Select the first row header cell (leftmost one), with Shift-key pressed select the last row's header cell (whole table should be selected now), press Del key.
    All entries are now removed and you can import without duplicate entries.
    Last edited by daniu; September 14, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

It would be much better if PFM imports the TSV as the old PFM did, simple and clean. Anyway the empty pack Ive uploaded 2 posts above will solve the problem.

It would be much better if PFM imports the TSV as the old PFM did, simple and clean.
    Except that would make it impossible (not more difficult, mind, but impossible) to add data to your existing table via the import; while the deletion of existing entries is a matter of three keystrokes (select, Ctrl-A, Del)... so here are two use cases clashing.
    Either way, in the next version of PFM I've added a "do you want to replace all data" dialog upon import so you'll only need to click Yes.

BTW it is a bit weird that your tool is working on tsv data anyway. I can see the export/import to be useful to have access to the more powerful editor of a proper spreadsheet as opposed to the somewhat limited PFM DB editing, but a specialized tool to export to tsv, then reimporting by PFM is a bit like connecting a digital monitor via an analog cable - two conversions where none is really needed.
    I did plan on including these kinds of editors in PFM, but turned out the basic features were enough to keep me busy
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

@ Daniu

Except that would make it impossible (not more difficult, mind, but impossible) to add data to your existing table via the import; while the deletion of existing entries is a matter of three keystrokes (select, Ctrl-A, Del)... so here are two use cases clashing.
    There is a merit on this, but have in mind that modders will always make the later additions over their their work having already on their previous TSVs, so at the end they will import their whole stuff (needless to say that vanilla entries are not wanted at all in mod packs). On the other hand ultimately it is a matter of modder's habit and not a matter of a right or wrong way. Perhaps if I had modded S2TW I should had found more familiar the way you planed PFM.

BTW it is a bit weird that your tool is working on tsv data anyway. I can see the export/import to be useful to have access to the more powerful editor of a proper spreadsheet as opposed to the somewhat limited PFM DB editing, but a specialized tool to export to tsv, then reimporting by PFM is a bit like connecting a digital monitor via an analog cable - two conversions where none is really needed.
    I wish I knew C# so well as I do lua.. Btw, I have asked a couple of times for the code of your PFM from you and Mitch with no answer so far.

I have a couple of requests for PFM if possible. The first is very easy and has to do with replacing PFM starting window from maximized to normal. The second is the paths: when I extract a table it always points to data folder. If I redirect to another folder, extract and then proceed to extract another table it points again in data. I have to do that all the time (I never liked working on game's data folder.. the habit I was talking about...). You can have it as it is now, pointing to data as initial prompted path, but in next action (in the same session) keep in memory and prompt to the last path the previous table has been extracted (if it did somewhere else than data). The same with TSV (because TSV usually needed in a another folder that db tables).

Anyway keep up the good work you are doing to complete the basic functions and optimizations can be made later.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 14, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

I cant seem to get my pack files to work, Ive followed all the instructions but they won't load all I've done is changed the size of a single unit as a test. Could it have something to do with the way the pack files are formatted?

I want to edit the range of the Auxiliary Syrian Archers, so I select them, but there is no range 'setting'. In-game it says the range is 125, but in the editor it is nowhere to be found. Can anyone help me?
    Get to the trireme!

That is info and will affect nothing if you change it. You have to change the range of the weapon in projectiles table (which will affect all units that same weapon) or create a new missile weapon for your unit, to have unique range.

That is info and will affect nothing if you change it. You have to change the range of the weapon in projectiles table (which will affect all units that same weapon) or create a new missile weapon for your unit, to have unique range.
    Thank you, and I'm very sorry to bother you again, but I have read everything I could find on doing this yet I still have absolutely no clue how to do what you say. I'm completely new to modding of any sort. Would you be able to do me a massive favour and do a dummie's step by step guide for how to do this one thing (editing the range of the Auxiliary Syrian Archers)?

I know it's asking a lot, but I'd be really grateful
    Get to the trireme!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Fisher View Post
    Thank you, and I'm very sorry to bother you again, but I have read everything I could find on doing this yet I still have absolutely no clue how to do what you say. I'm completely new to modding of any sort. Would you be able to do me a massive favour and do a dummie's step by step guide for how to do this one thing (editing the range of the Auxiliary Syrian Archers)?

I know it's asking a lot, but I'd be really grateful
    Using PFM, you would have to change the range value for the weapon that the Syrian Archers use in the "projectiles_table". I think it would be "rome2_bow" (sorry at work with Mondayitis) there is no way to modify the range of just one unit unless you create a new weapon for them.

The other option is to just change the weapon they use which you can do with this tool. try "rome2_longbow" for example

now to use this as a segway...

@husserlTW,
    I noticed you mentioned you will be adding extra pages into the editor for various loosely related tables.. Any chance you could include one for equipment stats so we can modify armour stats, weapon base ranges etc..?

Thankyou so much for this editor BTW.. I run my own business which leaves me little time to play as it is and modding..well.. I just dont have the time, so this little gem of an editor is a goldmine for me..

Can you change faction ownership with this tool? For example: I want to give companion cavalry from macedonia to athens (just picked a random example). If it can be done, how do you do it? Is that the edit group tab?

Will there be a update where you can make you own units with this? I like the program it's very simple ad easy for me to understand. I would love it if we could make new units in this.
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

That is what I am currently working on!

LOL XD!!!! That is funny, Cool! Can't wait then LOL!
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by TK1077 View Post
    Can you change faction ownership with this tool? For example: I want to give companion cavalry from macedonia to athens (just picked a random example). If it can be done, how do you do it? Is that the edit group tab?
    Nevermind. I figured it out.

Default Re: Rome 2 Editor 0.2 (updated 18/09 Create New Unit added))

Editor updated to 0.2 beta

Btw, I have asked a couple of times for the code of your PFM from you and Mitch with no answer so far.
    I have missed you asking.
    I have been developing PFM open source since I started on it: https://sourceforge.net/projects/packfilemanager/

Right now, I'm working on a simple SQL engine for the DB tables, those should come in handy for your editor I'd guess.

The first is very easy and has to do with replacing PFM starting window from maximized to normal.
    I'll see how hard that is...
    Until then, you can just create a shortcut for the PFM executable and edit it's properties how to start.

The second is the paths: when I extract a table it always points to data folder. If I redirect to another folder, extract and then proceed to extract another table it points again in data. I have to do that all the time (I never liked working on game's data folder.. the habit I was talking about...).
    The paths gave me a huge headache for quite some time which is why I introduced the MyMod feature which creates a working directory for a given mod and does all import and export from and to there.
    I did try to implement "if no MyMod is active use the user's last used directory" but sounds like that doesn't work all the time.
    I really suggest you get into using MyMod though, it's really lightweight to use and should solve your problem.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I really suggest you get into using MyMod though, it's really lightweight to use and should solve your problem.
    And I was trying to figure out what this Mymod future does... It is perfect for me.

Right now, I'm working on a simple SQL engine for the DB tables, those should come in handy for your editor I'd guess.
    It would be great!

Until then, you can just create a shortcut for the PFM executable and edit it's properties how to start.
    I've already tried the shortcut trick but PFM starts always maximized, whatever the selection is.

In any case I appreciate your support and help!

Question how do I edit the "Unit Unique Index" in this?

Just enter a number bigger than 70000 in the related cell.

Cool, By the way, is there way to change these to csv so they can work in Pack Manager?