Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 Editor 0.3.2 (updated 19/09 Create New Unit added))

Default Rome 2 Editor 0.3.2 (updated 19/09 Create New Unit added))

Announcement:

I've joined Darth Vader, in his effort to develop the innovative battle simulator game, ULTIMATE GENERAL: GETTYSBURG. Fundamental ethical issues do not allow me to support any more mods for other games, so I have to move on in this new chapter of my life.

I feel deeply the need to thank the community and TWC for this exceptional experience I had all these years. I was very happy meeting and working with all of you. From time to time I'll have a quick look on the forum but without the shiny armour of the modder.

I am looking forward to meet you again in my new camp at UGG forum and share with you the excitement of UGG developing.

Farewell and take care,

HusserlTW

-------------------------------
    About editor:
    I was working on a finalversion of the Editor and I 'll try to find some free time to complete and upload it uploaded it.
    ------------------------------

This editor is based on TSV files editing and helps you make changes in units fairly easy. The main concept is make changes on exported TSV, which then will be imported back in your pack.

It currently edits the following tables:

./building_units_allowed
    ./cdir_military_generator_unit_qualities
    ./land_units
    ./land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions

./main_units
    ./unit_description_short_texts
    ./unit_experience_threshold_modifiers
    ./unit_required_technology_junctions

./unit_set_to_unit_junctions
    ./unit_variants
    ./units_custom_battle_permissions
    ./units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions
    ./units_to_groupings_military_permissions

./land_units.loc (for creating new unit)
    ./unit_description_short_texts.loc (for creating new unit)

v. 0.3.2

* A couple of fixes om editing existing units and in texts update.

v. 0.3.1

* Fixed a problem preventing editor create texts for more than one unit per session.
    * Now text editing is allowed for existing units as well
    * The blanc loc files of the editor seem to cause a problem and replaced with fresh.

v. 0.3 beta

* Create New Unit Added
    * All tables related with units (by unit name) are now editable
    * Other minor changes and fixes
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

v. 0.2 beta

Fixes:

* Fixed Accuracy not updated
    * A couple of minor fixes

Changes:

* Added more land units changes. Now the edited tables are 8.
    * Added save check function.
    * Naval units removed because they will be included in next update as a separate "Naval Units" page.
    * Changed the way that an empty value appears. Instead of "-", now it will be an empty cell.
    * Changed the way that multiply value appears. Instead of "Multiply", now it will be (Edit --->), pointing to the relative action target.
    * Resources for multiply entries are now located to the relative editing window where they actually are needed.

Installation:

Download Rome Unit Editor 031.7z and extract it where you like. Open the extracted Rome Unit Editor folder and execute the application file.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6x..._Editor_032.7z

(Detailed instructions in menu Help. Also read this, especially if you are new in modding)

Credits:

Daniu for PFM
    blackheartz for create a custom unit finding
    Radious for his help

(Demo pack with a new created unit: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zlxw6a2ec3bp8i9/Ath_Hoplites.7z)
    Last edited by husserlTW; October 24, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

Default Re: Rome 2 Editor

It took me more time to post it than to make it...
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM.

You will have to take a rain check on the well earned rep because thats taking longer than your post did

Amazing! + rep!

If you could please make a Building/Settlement editor for the future! Squalor and Food Mechanics are annoying me XD

DOes it allow also to add new units?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Thanks.Do you know how we can change unit hit points? Bonus hit points don't seem to do anything. I increased them for Elite persian archers and they didn't get more hp, although when I changed morale, it worked.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Also what if some units have more than an officer? like signifer + centurion?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

DOes it allow also to add new units?
    Not yet...
    Thanks.Do you know how we can change unit hit points? Bonus hit points don't seem to do anything. I increased them for Elite persian archers and they didn't get more hp, although when I changed morale, it worked.
    I made the same thought. If you cannot find anything else, try adjusting Accuracy.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 11, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

mentecato's Avatar Civis

w
    o
    w

sorry to be dim, but when I open packs with PFM I don't see any Import options, just export
    "I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do. Whereas priests....... more drink?"

sorry to be dim, but when I open packs with PFM I don't see any Import options, just export
    This is not possible... Open a pack, select a table and you will see it coming!

Haha I'm slow was using an older pack manager version, one I used to unzip all the packs in rome2 folder to try speed up game. My bad can see that now with 3.0.2 PFM. Thanks.
    Although it does seem when I go to save my changes to a unit it just prompts its saving then fields go blank, but if I open the units.tsv again its back to default values, and when I do 'GET TSV' it wont let me save anything just reopen TSVs but always with blank fields.

(again sorry if silly questions)
    "I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do. Whereas priests....... more drink?"

Wow. That was fast.
    Good stuff.

Nice Job, a lot of people need to edit units

Looks amazing man cant wait to play around with it after work!

great work! can't wait for more options!

I've noticed something a little odd. Many of the units' stats don't match those in the encyclopedia.

I decided I was going to start balancing cavalry because they're a joke at the moment (Especially shock cavalry - Cataphracts with 18 defence? Nice one CA), but some entries are puzzling me. Cel_Noble_Horse have 68 defense in the vanilla TSV but 88 defense according to the encyclopedia. I considered that if you add the 'bonus hit points' (20) to the defense that would make 88, but this doesn't seem to apply to other units. Royal Parthian Cataphracts have 18 defense and the 20 bonus hit points too - if the former were correct than that should make a total of 38, but that's not what appears in the encyclopedia...
    Last edited by Ishan; September 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Double Post (forum error)

Following the instructions as laid out gives me a pack that causes CTD when game tries to load it. Also, when i open it in PFM, i see a whole lot of entries i did not change. I expected to see only my changes. A bug perhaps?

Are you using vanilla TSV or yours? When you get the changed TSV, open them before you import in the pack and check if your changes are ok. Please report back. Also are you using my pack or yours?

Now I am making the next updated with more land unit changes, I've spotted that Accuracy won't be updated when you save changes. This does not affect the other changes so all the rest should be fine. I cannot update the OP for the moment because of forum known problems, so I hope you see this post.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast