Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

Default Re: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

Is the captain/general of Royal Spartans not supposed to have the transverse helmet plume? Almost every other Spartan unit has a captain with a transverse plume.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

I removed the file from the link, so here's a new link.

http://rapidshare.com/share/839E2854...7B656A5E9897B6

after DAYS of trying to get htis mod to work i finally got it...just baout cried

Glad you could get it to work! So, I'm considering expanding my edits to include factions like Egypt and Macedon, giving them a look more like the Greek states. I'll make it a second .pack to just to keep it optional, but ironically I find that I only want to play with the Greek cities after making my mod! What do you guys think?

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

I'm looking to make a Macedon campaign, so I wouldn't mind it

Quote Originally Posted by Leggy View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e!-UPDATED!-v2

Quote Originally Posted by Leggy View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e!-UPDATED!-v2
    Last edited by Ishan; September 19, 2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Double Post (forum error)

where is the text file to edit there helmets.

1stCohort's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post
    Glad you could get it to work! So, I'm considering expanding my edits to include factions like Egypt and Macedon, giving them a look more like the Greek states. I'll make it a second .pack to just to keep it optional, but ironically I find that I only want to play with the Greek cities after making my mod! What do you guys think?
    Macedon please

yep! we need macedonia

JRP's Avatar Laetus

Hey great mod! The only thing I would like to see done differently is that the shields on all the Spartan units are not all just the Lamba symbol or (the inverted V).
    I see that all the mods made so far for the Spartans have variants of the Lamba, I myself prefer it in the crimson red over the white. Historically in all greek state armies made up of free citizen greeks would have had many images depicted on their shields, including the Spartans! Athenian units don't all have Owls on their shields and yes though the Lamba was popular in Sparta, it would have been a mix match, even for the elite units. White, Red, Black and Bronze would keep in theme within Spartan Symbols, obviously we can't have any blue shields in our MIGHTY SPARTAN ARMIES now can we?

Anyway thanks for the great work!

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

I know that it exist, but I don't really like the Phrygian, and the non-crested helmets, that's why I like this mod so much.

Love the mod! Thanks for putting time into this, actually let's me play as Sparta & enjoy it. I absolutely love having uniform shields, adds a sense of professionalism.. all the Spartan inverted V except my king with his crazy dragon-devil head shield .

I have not looked into modding soldiers (although it appears to be not too difficult?) but I was curious if there was anyway you could make a separate file giving the spartan hoplites all bronze chestplates instead of the uhm.. Thorax I believe? Or whatever the bulletproof vest looking thing is x)

If not no worries, <3 the mod as it is.

Thank you.

& Macedon would be greatly appreciated as well

Is it still compatible with beta patch 3 or will we run into issues? The reason I'm asking is because Vanilla units have been updated with more health etc.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

This is merely a visual mod, so it shouldn't.

is there any way you make a thorax swordsman with your spartan skin and add it to sparta's roster?

Quote Originally Posted by quaz601 View Post
    is there any way you make a thorax swordsman with your spartan skin and add it to sparta's roster?
    I am asking my self the same thing. Is this possible?

Actually, that's what I've been working on for the past little while, although I haven't had much time because of work. When I get my two days off, I'm gonna try my hand at it again, but my current plan is to add three units to Sparta: Periokoi Epilektoi, which will be a Periokoi swordsman unit, and unlocked probably at the same time that Spartan Hoplites are. Then there'll be Spartan Epilektoi, which will be equivalent to Spartan Hoplites, but unlocked one tier above, and finally the Spartan Skiritai, which will be the top tier melee infantry, equivalent to Royal Spartans, and unlocked at the highest tier. The Spartan Epilektoi will probably be equipped very similarly to the Thorax Swordsman.

awesome i was just suggested a reskinned thorax swordsman but thats way better, it just baffles me how sparta has no sword units right now i'm towards the end of a roman campaign with radious mod and every eastern hellenic faction I fight has thorax swordsmen even royal peltasts

thanks for your work

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post
    Actually, that's what I've been working on for the past little while, although I haven't had much time because of work. When I get my two days off, I'm gonna try my hand at it again, but my current plan is to add three units to Sparta: Periokoi Epilektoi, which will be a Periokoi swordsman unit, and unlocked probably at the same time that Spartan Hoplites are. Then there'll be Spartan Epilektoi, which will be equivalent to Spartan Hoplites, but unlocked one tier above, and finally the Spartan Skiritai, which will be the top tier melee infantry, equivalent to Royal Spartans, and unlocked at the highest tier. The Spartan Epilektoi will probably be equipped very similarly to the Thorax Swordsman.
    I cannot wait!

Spardan's Avatar Foederatus

For some reason i just cant get the shield textures to work.. Other than that to me this is one of the best mods here 8)