Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

Default Re: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

Version 1.4 is up, cavalry has been updated, I worked bronze cuirasses into Spartan and Regular Hoplites, although they're uncommon compared to Linothorax, I also made the Corinthian Helmets more common in the Thorax Swordsmen/Hoplites. I haven't done any changes to skins/facial hair yet, that'll probably come in the next few days. And I still haven't heard back yet on my units .pack. But there you guys go! And for the request to return the cloaks to vanilla, I have a vanilla version, but the Forums aren't letting me upload it. I'll find myself a file hosting sight and link it.

See you guys around!

Absolutely amazing mod

Anyone else just get a white screen named attachment.php 1x1 when trying to download the latest version?

Love this mod - made my Thorax based armies much more fun. Thanks for uploading!

MacVega's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Absolutely amazing mod

Anyone else just get a white screen named attachment.php 1x1 when trying to download the latest version?
    You are not the only one. I was able to get around one instance in a different mod download by right clicking the link and 'save link as', however no such luck in this case. I keep getting the same issue now where it wants to download some .gif called 'clear' whenever I try for any other mod. Random wind tower much TWC?

when i click it the HellasResurgent1.4.rar it does not work damn, it says attachment.php

MacVega's Avatar Laetus

For those of you having the white screen attachment.php error and the right click save link as work around fails, and they still wish to get ahold of the latest version of this mod. I managed to extract it from the site right before server 500 errors began to crop up everywhere. I have v1.4 on my own private domain which you should be able to download from now. I have included both HellenicResurgent and HellenicResurgentUniformed. Hopefully this is a temporary solution at best till things may settle down here. Also if the creator of this mod requests me to remove it from my temporary domain I will do so in accordance with his wishes.

My private domain: http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~msuess3/
    **Both versions are located under HellenicResurgent Folder**

I also have a personal question related to the mod. I was messing around with the mesh variants to tailor things to my own style and observing the results in custom battles. While doing this I noticed the thorax pikeman do not show up in custom battles, only regular pikeman. Does anyone know if thorax pikeman are showing up in campaign for athens? Or have the thorax pikeman just not been fully integrated into the custom battles as of yet?

Would you think of changing the Spartans unit stats so they're in line with the other hoplites stats?

Were you trying to play as Athens MacVega? If so, they don't actually get Thorax Pikemen, only the Successor states do. I only changed them to fit with the naming convention.

MacVega's Avatar Laetus

That makes sense, thanks alex, I was. I had just figured out only Macedon and Egypt got them by following a hunch not long after posting my question.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

And Seleucid Empire next month.

Hey Alex, I figured out how to customise the units myself now. Goodluck with your mod, I wont need to pester you anymore hah.
    Last edited by Mr. Os; September 15, 2013 at 09:30 PM.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

my first question while playing as Athens and Sparta was.
    where are the mighty Corinthians? Theban? Athenians? Thespians? Arcadian?
    all Greek city states. any chance of seeing them later on? as like hoplite units?
    would be cool to see the city states working together for once

Love this mod. Your work is great. I have 1.4 whats the difference between 1.4 and 1.4 uniform which is better haha .

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post

@Cur: What do you mean 'more dominating among Athens"?
    sry for the late answer!

i ment to ask for a version of your mod with only the corinthian halmets. but you already made this i didntīt saw this.
    now i have installed the "uniform"- mod and i like it very much!

in most aspects i normaly go for the more historical and realistac things. but not in this case my athenian hoplites shoud go with a cool "retro-look" in battle

by the way, my good looking hoplites easily backstabbed their spartan allies but are involved now in an never ending bloody war with the macedonians

thanks again for this great mod!

stay tuned!
    cur

I can't get this mod to work for me, It apears in mod manager and I have edited my user script but nothing changes, everything is the same, the only other mods I have installed are the Radious mods and I doubt the confliect with this one, can they?

No, I can vouch that they're compatible with the Radious mods, because I use the Radious mods. Try deleting the .packs and re-download them. That's the only solution I can think of. And, a shout out! Take a look at O's new mod here, which changes up Macedon's units and adds beards to hoplites!: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e!-WIP-Macedon

So, at the moment, I'm still playing around with adding in units, but to be honest, for the moment, I'm actually quite content with this mod. I made all the changes I really intended on making when I started it. I'm sure more will pop up, but until then, I'm not really sure what new things I want to add.

Love this mod. Spartans look great and fit how I'd prefer them to look. In fact your revised Greek factions are miles better than vanilla. Hopefully Thebes and Corinth may appear one day.

Cannot download Version 1.4:HellasResurgent1.4.rar white screen on page

hey man idk if you will see this but i got the first one downloaded and the second one it just brings me to a seperate linked image of nothing?? the uniforms.rar SO im not sure what im doing wrong cause ive tried everything under the sun to make just the one work. either im doing something wrong...or im doing something wrong.

No, you're not doing anything wrong. It's the forums messing up. I believe Leggy provided an alternate download link on Page 7, so I'd advise checking there.