Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

Default Re: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

mod didnt work for me. and i ran it in mod manager. sucks

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

None mod for Macedonia?
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

thank you for this mod! this is exactly what i wanted as i first time saw the athenian hoplites!

i hope it does not sound insolent, but is there a possibility to add a variation to this mod where the corinthian helmet is more "dominating" among the athenian hoplites?

only because of the esthetics

if not it is absolutly ok!

again, great work!

dom385's Avatar Senator

How do I make these changes to thorax units in other rosters? I had a look through the file and there is only 1 entry for thorax each thorax unit, which is the one you changed but the changes only effect athens.

Hello and let me tell you I love your work so far! but I'm split apart at the same time.
    I love how you'v modified most of the units especially with the corint helmet style even if its non historical I love the look of those, and rome 2 isnt really historically correct anyway as more of a sandbox fantasy land about what if?!?

Now to what makes me Cry, I love the old Cloaks Royal spartans and Heroes of sparta wear as they look more heavy, Darker color, varity between white and red and they appear to be able to keep you warm a cold night as they are there for practical usage not onely there for aesthetic reasons, as the new cloaks added to Royal spartans looks more like a Super man cloak and turns be off a bit, if you would do a vertion where both Royal and heroes wear the old cloaks but new helmets while rest of units stay are you made em, I'd soooo appreaciate the more options you'd be giving us ^^

another small request but not as inportant would be an option to keep the red shield with white A instead of Bronze and red A, as in this case they look more Visually Pleasent to the eye when viewing the unit ^^.

if you Actully did both of these options downloadable I'd happily Hug you to death O_o!
    thanx in advance //Ramjam

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Is this just graphical at the moment?

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

At the moment, yes.

Content Emeritus

Great, I've been trying to DL this for an hour now, but 500 internal errors are getting the best of me.

If it turns out to be compatible, mind if I link it as a suggested mod in the Lines of Battle Thread?

Hey does anyone know why my hoplites/pikemen still have regular cone-head helmets? i put the mod in the data and for some reason it's not showing the new Corinthian looks. Thanks guys.

+1 rep going to try it!

EDIT: tried it out. Looks awesome so far. However could you give the 'king' / 'officer' in the Royal Spartan unit also a more 'regal helmet'? The officers in the normal Spartan units have badass helmets but the king gets the open one.
    I understand that maybe you're going for a 'he can see the battle better this way' but i'd rather see him with a plumed helmet too. More protection for the Son of Herakles
    Last edited by Darthvegeta800; September 14, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Great, I've been trying to DL this for an hour now, but 500 internal errors are getting the best of me.

If it turns out to be compatible, mind if I link it as a suggested mod in the Lines of Battle Thread?
    Here's my version. It's the uniformed one.

http://rapidshare.com/share/47C0B873...638EF30AE964BE
    Last edited by Leggy; September 14, 2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Wrong link.

Content Emeritus

I did finally install and I love it, thanks though.

Back from work finally! So, to answer some questions.

@Methoz: No this mod doesn't change most of Macedons units because they're more of a successor state than a Greek City-State. It's also why I didn't change Pikemen. I'm trying to create more variation between the Successor Kingdoms and the Greek Kingdoms.

@Cur: What do you mean 'more dominating among Athens"?

@Dom385: The change amongst Thorax units should be universal, the only ones unaffected would be the 'Royal Thorax Swordsmen' that Egypt has access to. I left it that way as in my mind they were influenced in Egypt by the presence of Galatian infantry.

@Ramjam It'd be an insanely easy change to bring back the gallic chieftain cloaks for the Spartan Heroes/Royal Spartans. I'll probably upload that when I push out my next version. At the moment, I'm waiting to hear back from Blackheartz to see if he can figure out why my new units crash the game.

@Ahche: Are you activating it with the mod manager?

@DarthVegeta800: The spartan officer units should still have the Corinthian helm with the sideways crest. Mind posting a screenie so I can see what helmet he has equipped in your game?

@Leggy: Thanks for being so active and helping people out in the thread! It helps me out immensely when I'm at work and don't have access to a computer!

Alright, tonight I'll try to finally get around to my changes on Cavalry, I'll also try and make some of the options people have requested, although at this point I'm gonna need a separate spoiler section just for all the different variations!

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

You're very welcome.

Suggestion: Give troops more varies heads i.e mix the Faces, beards and hair from the Spartan faction with the other Greek states. I find it funny how Spartans are the only ones that have long hair and beards in the entirety of Greece.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

As for giving troops more varieties in heads, the only way I can see how to do it would be to give the regular Greeks the spartan units skin, meaning it'd be 50/50 vanilla skins/spartan skins. There doesn't seem to be anything under any of the spartan units in the beard slot, which means that their beards are integrated with the actual unit skins. I could do that, but I'll have to test it and see how it works out.

So, as an aside. For regular Hoplites and Spartan Hoplites, I've integrated bronze armor into these units, although I'm testing something to see if I can make it more rare. My question is, do you want this change in the more uniform version? Or only in the more randomized version?

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

How would one go about to remove the phrygian from the banner carrier and commander/general?
    Last edited by Leggy; September 14, 2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post
    As for giving troops more varieties in heads, the only way I can see how to do it would be to give the regular Greeks the spartan units skin, meaning it'd be 50/50 vanilla skins/spartan skins. There doesn't seem to be anything under any of the spartan units in the beard slot, which means that their beards are integrated with the actual unit skins. I could do that, but I'll have to test it and see how it works out.

So, as an aside. For regular Hoplites and Spartan Hoplites, I've integrated bronze armor into these units, although I'm testing something to see if I can make it more rare. My question is, do you want this change in the more uniform version? Or only in the more randomized version?

Perhaps 2 versions?

Also Ive had a look at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...an-Legionaries

This screenshot has a skin i havent see before, with a FULL beard! Perhaps you could add it to the mix.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Mr. Os; September 14, 2013 at 08:24 PM.

To be honest, I'm starting to go crazy with all the different versions people are requesting. While I love options, having a billion different versions with minute differences just isn't really feasible.

Randomised will be fine.