Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

EDIT, Its working. Thanks. The pikeman dont have the classical Helmet?
    Last edited by Choki; September 12, 2013 at 01:48 PM.

If you have all the packs in the mod manager, then the conflicts will appear no matter what. As long as you only have one activated at a time, it shouldn't be a problem.

As an aside, I'm probably going to amend the WIP tag to say Released. Updates will still come, and I'm in the process of learning how to add new units, but I'd say that I'm pleased enough with it so far to call it a full mod!

Edit: No, I didn't give Pikemen classical helmets, except for the Thorax pikemen, because they're more successor style units than classical style units.
    Last edited by Alexmcm13; September 12, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Will you do something about the cavalry

Really love what you've done so far - will be downloading shortly, just wondering if Epirus' units were something you are going to look at eventually?

Yeah, I'm probably going to give Citizen Cavalry the crested corinthian/thracian helms and linothorax, tarantine cavalry the non crested ones, skirmisher cavalry will probably stay the same, and Hippeus Lancers will get full Corinthian helms plus Bronze armor.

This set of mods are terrific. Only mod i currently use for my game.
    Playing as sparta at the moment and have made some adjustments to your units - making that forward facing crest less ubiquitous so elite units really have a special feel - hope you dont mind, and its really giving me that feel of classical armies mashing into each other.

Enjoying this mod immensely !

No, I have no problem at all with others modifying my mod. I only ask that if you release it, that you give credit, as I've tried to do for those whose mods I have used.

I wouldn't know how to go about a release, so no worries, personal consumption and all that. check out the helmets on gre_scythed_chariot, a sweet helmet, somewhat immortal-esque, im having trouble getting it to fit to regular units - as in they look somewhat strange on footsoldiers and the like, maybe you can do something better with it.

Once again, many thanks for your amazing mod!

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Is it possible to have two different units of the same unit?

What do you mean by have two different units of the same unit?

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Giving the general unit of Athenian hoplites a different set of equipment.

You could theoretically remove the standard hoplites from being able to be a General for Athens, and create a second unit, using a second set of equipment, and set them as one of the general types for Athens.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

And how hard would this be? I mean if you're not up to it.

Hi, so I finally got it to work, apparently I had to be running the mod manager as administrator.

I love what you did with the helmets and the capes and everything. I am using 1.2 uniform and it looks soo much better than vanilla.

I do have a request though, if you have time at some point. I would like a version that has everything you have done minus the changes that you have made to shields. I didn't mind the vanilla shields. Also when you look closely at the copper ones with the symbol, you can see white around some of the edges of the symbol like a crop job in Photoshop.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Copper? The hoplon was made of wood and bronze.

bronze i meant, whatever, its besides the point.

Well, in terms of that, I'd be stuck at the same point I'm stuck at now, which is my new .pack file crashes whenever I try to load the game with the new units added. I've contacted the author of the Spartan Swordsmen mod to see if he could help me, as he's been tremendously helpful during the learning process. If he can figure out what I'm doing wrong, then I'll add the spartan units, the Athenian marines I've been planning on, and may possible expand it to include some hoplites and soldiers from other City States, although for that I want to see if its possible to add an Area of Recruitment feature into Rome 2.

Dustindesrctin's Avatar Decanus

Would you consider releasing a separate file with only the Athenian unit changes? I prefer to use to use Playker's Spartan mod to the spartans in this

If you want to play with only the Athenian units, you can download the PFM, open up my .pack, navigate to variantmeshes, then variantmeshdefinitions, and then delete all of the definition files for the Spartan units. That'll let you use it with Playkers mod.

I have a question. How do I see the different stats for the units ? When I right click on a unit nothing but the main menu comes up.
    Thx.