Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

You could make units from the other city-states of the Peloponnese. Such as Corinth and Argos.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post
    Hmm, I have no idea why that would be happening... you dropped the .pack file into the data folder, right? I'm not sure what would be preventing the changes from showing up.

As for providing a version where the Spartan Heroes have the standard helm option it'd be relatively simple, so I'll throw it together and post it tonight.

aNarion: I'm tempted to add bronze chestplates to the Spartan Hoplites, but I feel that it kind of makes them somewhat redundant. We would then have three different bronze armored hoplite units in the roster. I'm actually wondering how I could go about adding in some new units, seeing as Sparta basically has nothing buy Hoplites. I'm just not sure what units should be added, I don't want to just clone the Thorax Swordsman or something like that... Any ideas?
    I put it in my data folder yes and it was checked in the mod manager and still have those cone helmets even without any other mods.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Corinthians, Corinthians everywhere.
    Nah I ll skip nut nice work nevertheless
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Maybe it'd be worth you working with this guy ---> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rtan-Swordsmen

Alright, v.1.3 is updated. Perioikoi Hoplites now have regular shields, Thorax Pikemen have been updated, and I've added a version with vanilla Heroes of Sparta. Tomorrow I'll start working on adding in new units.

Cant contribute, Post being denied, mods help.

Umm... what?

Edit: Aha! Karimloo figured out a potential fix for those having difficulty with the mod. Make sure that the Userscript.txt is pointing to the right .pack file, for him, it was incorrectly pointing to HellasResurgent1.pack instead of 1.3.pack. So if anyone is having trouble getting the mod to launch, that may fix it.
    Last edited by Alexmcm13; September 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM.

Can you make the light hoplites with corinthian helms without plumes?

1stCohort's Avatar Libertus

Just a little suggestion to help ease installation: maybe you could keep the .pack itself the same name ex. "HellasResurgent" and just change the name of the zip folder so people can just drag, drop and replace so they don't have to edit the Userscript every time. I don't mind personally (I use the mod manager). Just a suggestion. Other than that, been keeping track of this mod and I like what you've done. If you plan on changing stats or adding new units do you think you could make a separate version for visuals only? I use other mods for gameplay balance.

Hello, love the mod, made my Athenian campaign not so dull. Small request, can you please swap the Thorax swordsman sword from the straight edge Celtic sword to the traditional Greek sword?

You think you could make this compatible with the Spartan Swordsmen units mod? ---> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rtan-Swordsmen

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
    Hello, love the mod, made my Athenian campaign not so dull. Small request, can you please swap the Thorax swordsman sword from the straight edge Celtic sword to the traditional Greek sword?
    The Celtic sword has already been exchanged for the Xiphos.

Are you going to think about changing stats for some of the Spartans or any greek units for that matter?

For example the spartan hoplites can be beaten by the athenian hoplite quite easily. They are more expensive and should reflect that in their stats.

Alright, good news! The Spartan Swordsman mod by Blackheartz is indeed compatible with my own mod. Unfortunately, his soldiers will look nothing like mine, and the heights will be off. I've sent him a PM asking if he'll let me know how he added the units to the game, and when he gets back to me, I'll go about creating my own version. At the moment, my tentative plan is to make three units. Perioikoi Epilektos, which will be a perioikoi tier heavy infantry unit, which won't get Javelins. Spartan Epilektos, which will be about the same strength as the Spartan Hoplite, and will indeed have Javelins, and Spartan Skiritai which will be equipped like the higher tier Spartan units, but in heavy infantry style. I may also add in Athenian Marines as a hoplite-level sword infantry unit for Athens.

If I do this, I'll make it a separate .pack file which will stand alongside my unit retexture. As for redoing Spartan stats, I may roll it into the separate .pack, and keep the Hellas Resurgent mod for simply visual changes. My only question now is, how should I balance it? I personally use Radious' battle mod. Should I balance it along the lines of that mod? Or should I balance it more for vanilla? This is where problems arise...

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

i cant see this units in game

Alright, if you're having problems getting the units to show up in game, delete the .pack out of your data folder, and re-download. I have a feeling that my naming convention was causing problems with the Mod Manager, so I re-uploaded version 1.3 with the numbers deleted from the name of the .pack. That should make them show up more reliably.

Just have to say, what an AWESOME mod!

Any plans after the Greek units?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Just have to say, what an AWESOME mod!

Any plans after the Greek units?
    As for right now, I don't have any plans after the Greek units. To be honest, I'm actually somewhat surprised that this many people seem to like my mod, it was made simply because I wanted my units to look more classical, I released it on a whim. But, I'm fairly proud that it's garnered such a response. The only problem is, other than the Greek units, I don't know what else I'd modify. The other factions in the game I think look just fine, although I haven't extensively played with all of them.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

I get CTD, I have a couple of Radius mods. But I think is the Mod manager, Wen I use the exe the game start OK

Hmm, is my mod the only one you're attempting to activate via the Mod Manager? What is it listed as, just HellasResurgent? Or is it HellasResurgent with a number?