Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

dom385's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

How difficult would it be for me to add the Phrygian helmets back in?

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Why would you want that ugly helmet back in?

dom385's Avatar Senator

It comes with a metal beard?

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Touche.

I'm going to cry.... I just spent most of my morning updating my mod with the new red lambdas, updating Perioikoi units, creating an alternate version with no capes, spent thirty minutes editing my post, and then the forums crapped out and I lost all of the changes I made to the OP. I'll try again in just a few moments, but rest assured, an update is coming.

As for modding back in the Phyrigian Helmet, it's actually quite simple. Here's a somewhat simple tutorial:

1. Download the PFM
    2. Open my pack and navigate to variantmeshes > variantmeshdefinitions, and extract the definition files for the units you want to change.
    3. Open the files in notepad, and under the helm slot, add these entries depending upon which version you want:

<VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/hellenic_phyrgians_crests.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/hellenic_phyrgians_crests.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    4. Save the text file, import it back into the pack, and the helms should appear in game!

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

That is quite sad.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Doublepost.
    Last edited by Leggy; September 11, 2013 at 01:07 PM.

Hey mate. Great mod. Question: Does the Uniform version give Corinthian Helmets to just the Spartans or to the Greek units as well?

Alrighty, OP updated with v1.2 and some general layout changes!

As for the Uniform version, it gives it to both the Spartan units and regular Greek units.

Hey mate. Great mod. Question: Does the Uniform version give Corinthian Helmets to just the Spartans or to the Greek units as well?

It seems that the forums are just terrible today for loading and double posting....

I've never know forums as slow as this lol.

Anyway good job. The Perioikoi finally look good. Look forward to your next update

dom385's Avatar Senator

wow that is pretty easy, I'm pretty sure even I could manage that, although earlier I tried combining two sparta mods and that just ended horribly... Will the changes to the thorax swordsmen be universal? Thats the main reason I like this mod, I thought the gallic mail on the thorax holplites/swordsmen looked really out of place.
    Last edited by dom385; September 11, 2013 at 01:42 PM.

You should really do your magic on all the units in the game man.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

I believe that, in the future, we will have to do research to bring old hoplites back, like "briging back the gold age" or something. And just like we currently update our legionaires into better ones, we would update our hoplitai too!

As of right now, Thorax Swordsmen have the bronze chestplate, but the Royal Thorax Swordsmen use gallic mail, which sort of fits given the fact that Egypt also has Gallic style infantry and even royal guards.

Great stuff! I wonder, is it possible to give Athenian and Epirote units beards?

Love the new update! but how I can convert the heroes of sparta units to the vanilla?

Love the new 1.2 units! but I really want the old heroes of sparta look, how I Change them back? just them?
    and Thanks! the best mod by far

If you want to restore the Heroes of Sparta unit to default, you can do so relatively simply. First, download the PFM. Open up the HellasResurgent.pack. Navigate to variantmeshes > variantmeshdefinitions, and then delete the gre_heroes_sparta file. Then just hit File, then Save, and you're done!

Quote Originally Posted by Petrobras View Post
    I believe that, in the future, we will have to do research to bring old hoplites back, like "briging back the gold age" or something. And just like we currently update our legionaires into better ones, we would update our hoplitai too!
    That's why I wanted the Thorax Hoplite and Swordsmen to most closely resemble the ancient hoplite, with bronze armor and corinthian helms. They're the mid-to-late game unit for Athens, so you have to become somewhat powerful to get them, making them a return to form of sorts.
    Last edited by Alexmcm13; September 11, 2013 at 02:21 PM.