Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

Default Re: Hellas Resurgent - The "Classical Greek" Unit Pack

Ideas.1. Buff Spartan hoplites (increase cost/upkeep to match, as they are a whole tech level ahead of standard hoplites but are no better).2. Buff Spartan heroes & increase cost/upkeep to match (To stop them being over-powered) - currently no reason to build them over Royal Spartans.3. Add a higher level archer to all of the Greek factions (to prevent using the same archers the entire game, some progression even if it needs the top level auxiliary building).

See, on the one hand, I want to change around the stats of Spartan units. I want to make Periokoi Hoplites equal to regular hoplites, and up all of the Spartan Hoplites. On the other hand, I want to keep this mod purely visual to keep up compatibility with other mods that edit stats. I may make a seperate pack that edits the stats to make Sparta a bit more competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post
    See, on the one hand, I want to change around the stats of Spartan units. I want to make Periokoi Hoplites equal to regular hoplites, and up all of the Spartan Hoplites. On the other hand, I want to keep this mod purely visual to keep up compatibility with other mods that edit stats. I may make a seperate pack that edits the stats to make Sparta a bit more competitive.
    if your meaning ai tweaks to make sparta more aggressive, I play your mod with radious and sparta and athens are way more aggressive one campaign sparta took syracuse in the first few turns after taking down epirus in my opinion i think sparta is still really strong beacause of thier spears and high morale they just need swords to balance things out

No, I meant changes to unit stats, not AI tweaks, I wouldn't know where to start with that.

No, I meant changes to unit stats, not AI tweaks, I wouldn't know where to start with that.
    If you could make make the Perioiki equal to a normal Spartan that would be great! It makes sense..they are basically the Spartan equivalent to the Athens citizen hoplite.

If anything the true Spartans should have an unbreakable moral and better melee & defense skills. The equipment ratings should be no better, worse if it would be historically accurate. I am not sure.

Can you do Macedon or Seleucid Empire please.
    P.S. Love your work , thanks!

Oh I totally agree. It's a great mod btw, just the strange flaws with Spartan unit stats put me off playing them (due to the lack of unit variety as a result of the Heroes Of Sparta being useless!). I love all the visual changes & can't wait until you add the other Greek factions!.

Is this savegame compatible & does it work with beta 3?
    "Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
    Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ' Παλαιολόγος

"il nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace, et la France est sauvée"

i don't know much about modding I've tried making my own units for sparta with rome unit editor i found this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rtan-Swordsmen which does what your trying to do maybe it'll help i don't use it beacause the units are a bit too strong and i prefer your skins for sparta

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by John Mayer View Post
    Is this savegame compatible & does it work with beta 3?
    All it does is edit unit uniforms (assuming you download the uniform version, I don't know why there are 2 different ones). It's compatible with any mod that doesn't change uniforms for Sparta, Athens, etc. You can use Natural Dyes with it though since faction colors are unaffected. And yes, it works with patch 3, any updates to the game shouldn't break this mod.

There are no savegame compatibility issues with uniform mods. Stat mods, I'm not sure about.

Alright, Successor States added in the form of a second .pack, Diadochoi Resplendent! Hellas Resurgent has also been updated to 1.5, but that simply removes Thorax Pikemen from that .pack and adds it to the Diadochoi Resplendent pack. Enjoy!

Alright, Successor States added in the form of a second .pack, Diadochoi Resplendent! Hellas Resurgent has also been updated to 1.5, but that simply removes Thorax Pikemen from that .pack and adds it to the Diadochoi Resplendent pack. Enjoy!
    are we supposed to use both? when I load it up in the mod manager, getting conflicts.
    i love www.twcenter.net, formerly known as www.kidswhocantreadgood.com

Yeah, they're designed to be used together. The conflicts that the mod manager throw out are simply some of the models used by the mods, it won't cause crashes, at least not in my experience.

Please provide us with alternative download link...

Hey Alex,

Great mod. I have a few questions for you. You've already stated that you are going to add two tiers of Spartan swordsmen, which is awesome. Are you planning on adding more to Athens as well? Both factions need love in the unit department (Sparta moreso, though much can be said for why Athens should have more -- more money being the best point). I admittedly got excited when you put Thorax Pikemen under Athens ... but the picture was of an Egyptian Thorax unit :-(

Perhaps you could look at the Sparta/Athens rosters some more. The two sword tiers are sounding awesome, can't wait to see them. For Athens, perhaps another peltast unit for added variety there (maybe called Thorax Peltast and functionally similar to the Royal Peltasts).

Rule of cool should apply here -- historical accuracy loses meaning when you take a faction and can't develop new tech that would probably have developed if said faction performed as well IRL as it does under your control. The argument gets thrown out a lot on the forums... "but Sparta/Athens were weak during this period!" ... yeah, but in my reality Sparta and Athens aren't, are filthy rich, and can afford to adopt newer tech and better gear.

I would love to see this mod become a real overhaul of Greek (moreso true Greek, not that hellenistic garbage =P )culture/military capability/visuals. Perhaps bundling it with (when the requisite tools become available) a phalanx mod that fixes the damned formation, and anything else to enhance all things Greek.

Great job

I would like to try this, but the first two downloads you put up led to a blank page labeled attachment.

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

Quote Originally Posted by kelwinlin View Post
    I would like to try this, but the first two downloads you put up led to a blank page labeled attachment.
    http://www.totalwarhellas.com/Thread...3-Updated-26-9

Anyone happen to know a good file hosting website I could throw these up on? That way it won't be limited by forum capacity.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Mediafire is quite nice.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Damn if you had left the "Heroes of sparta" with the vanilla helmet this mod would have been perfection.

As good as it is I don't want to lose the Horizontal Corinthian helmet they have as I feel that would of distinguished them from the Royal Spartan units.