Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Spartan units redone by Playker V1.52 OUT!!!

Default Spartan units redone by Playker V1.52 OUT!!!

NEW VERSION
    Changelog 1.5:
    - Units edited in order to make them look better with the radious mod's new units.
    - Spartan hoplites now only wear bronze chestplates.
    - Maybe something else, but I'm tired and I don't remember
    Changelog 1.51:
    - Perioikoi units now also use other Greek faction's faces as they weren't trully Spartan.
    - Little changes in Spartan Phalanx and in some other units.
    Changelog 1.52:
    - More shields for Perioikoi.
    - Some units now have arm armour. Credits go to spokie94 for the textures and for helping me placing in the units.
    - Some other minor changes.

Last version download link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187294107
    You'll have to load my mod before Radious one with the mod manager (just click on my mod and then click in the arrow pointing up next to the launch button until my mod is placed above radious' one) in order to notice the changes.

I merged my Spartan unit packs to make this single mod. Almost every Spartan unit is reworked, I think that the only vanilla units I left are Spartan youths and Siege units (ballistas, onagers...) Spartan soldiers in every unit now look more varied (different helmets mainly, there are some units with different armours too) and hoplites now only carry an unpaited bronze shield with a red "lambda" in the middle (I think that this is more historically accurate).
    Some screens:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Spartan heroes: Helot archers: Peroikoi peltasts: Perioikoi spearmen: Spartan hoplites: Credits go to .Mitch. for that beautiful Corinthian helmet.

There are more units moded, I hope you like them.

To install simply unrar the file in the "data" folder and launch it with the Mod Manager You can find the Mod Manager here: www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618536-Mod-Manager

IMPORTANT
    : if you have previously installed the separated mod packs, erase or disable them first or expect to have some conflicts

Older version download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?cr2452o9fwtylgs
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by playker; October 19, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Default Re: Spartan units redone by Playker

Awesome Mod!!

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Love it!

So if i have understood this right, this mod isnt compatible with other mods out there? Like Radious mod or Magnar mod? As it feels like they don't really change the same thing.

heiro's Avatar Laetus

Offtopic: Is anyone else having problems browsing the forums? I am getting long loading times and I can only download at 56 kb/s on my 12.5 MB/s (100 Mb/s) connection from TWcenter. On Topic: This is great, I hated how the variety was so low in the vanilla version and was getting kinda sick of seeing the stupid pilos helmets everywhere. A question though, I think the helot archers also existed in the vanilla, but didn't Spartans hate the bow? Was it okay for a helot to use a bow, but not for a Spartan? Since, what I remember from reading up on the Spartans was that they thought bows are a cowards weapon and thus refrained from using them, yet slings and javelins were okay since those weapons required actual strength to use.

I dont know what this is, I have moved the file into data, klick on the mod manager and then launch the game, but the units do not look like on the pictures. And every unit use only one soldier model, spartans, greeks, romans... ;(

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by heiro View Post
    Offtopic: Is anyone else having problems browsing the forums? I am getting long loading times and I can only download at 56 kb/s on my 12.5 MB/s (100 Mb/s) connection from TWcenter
    Yup, same thing here. Might be too many users active on the forums, just a hunch.

Ah I got it, now I know how this works :O Awesome work thank You ^__^

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Nice mod guys.

fyi This mod should be compatible with Magnar Mod ( doesnt use same files)

Awesome!

at last! Properly looking Spartans and not some "dwarf-hats" Spartans... downloading it now i hope it will work with Radious mods

It's compatible with other mods, but as I released some other Spartan units mods before (most of them of this same units, this mod is all the other mods I released merged with some other units added) if someone had them installed may have troubles running the mod.

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

playker could you add the spartan hoplites you first edited with the vertical horsehair crest Nice job on the hoplon by the way.
    Last edited by Leonidas480bc; September 10, 2013 at 06:05 PM.

LOVE your work here but is there any way to make the normal hoplite's all wear the bronze plate? i dont like that white armor on the spartans at all, its great looking on other greek factions though.

but i think the most important mod we all seek for the greeks is a mod that makes them hold their spears in the propper way.. this just looks off

dubble post...

This download is not working for me, your attachement doesnt redirect to a file

Hey this doesnt work with Mitch's campaign or any other of his overhaul mods. and i really like the way his settings are. any way you can fix the conflicts to go with that mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    Hey this doesnt work with Radious campaign or any other of his overhaul mods. And i really like the way his settings are. any way you can fix the conflicts to go with that mod?
    Not Mitch's mod sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by xeronak View Post
    This download is not working for me, your attachement doesnt redirect to a file
    I had this happening aswell yesterday, just refresh the page a couple of times and the link should fix itself.
    It's never too late to panic!

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

very nice! although I hope the pilos helmet won't be banished entirely, some more variation is necessary. btw, where and when in game can you recruit the spartan youths?

I won't quote messages because the servers run very badly and it takes time to place the quotes in the reply box.

Let's start:
    I'm not planning to add the vertically crested helmets to the spartan hoplites because those helmets are now used by periokoi hoplites, I did this because I think that with the Corinthian helmet the Spartan hoplites look tougher and more cool. I didn't want the Spartans to use other helmets more than Corinthian ones, but feel free to edit the mod and make them use the kind of helmet you want, it's not hard to do it.
    -----
    I play with both mods, this unit pack and Radious mod, and I don't get any kind of error, I suppose that if it crashes with your game it's not because of this mod. I hope you find what's the problem easily.
    ----

The pilos helmet hasn't been banished, now is just less used. Spartan youths are only a guarnition unit, as long as I know.

Thanks to all, It's cool that you liked the mod!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast