Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Units mod - heights and Roman Reskin

Default Re: Realistic Units mod - heights and more

Quote Originally Posted by GERULA666 View Post
    Haha, i really like this, barbarians are on steroids now
    Well the one made by CA are like that, I just reduced their size from 2m trolls to normal humans , but still they are on steroids , I mean really few bodybuilders are like that , and an army of bodybuilders looks pretty ridiculous but at least some are dressed .

here I list all what I think shoudl be changed and that is made grossly for the romans :

So Despite premarians like princeps hastati and triaria are made pretty well, as well as the reformed first legionary , the armoured legionareis and the segmentata ones all the rest are not , and I refer in particular to the Cavalry .

It seems to me that they had been recycling some of the land units and stuff here .

here some pictures to explainmore in detail

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

General

Legatus

No Centurion

Praetorian

Praetorian guard

Supposed Centurion

Equites

Aux Cavalry

Legionary Cavalry

Praetorian cavalry

The Officers look lik ewearing an Egytpian style collar and scale armor .
    The Centurions are compleey missing and if that guy with red crest should be a centurion its wrong
    Praetorians are also wrong they shoudl wear the more advanced segmentata
    Praetorian guard shoudl have been more iconic and Roman styled rather than a copy of legionary with segmentata
    the cavalries are all wrong as are wearing wrong kind of mail , wrong officers , wrong shields for the most and missing officers and standard bearers
    The generals legatus arealso wrong
    and guess what the general unit doesn't even have a leader or if there is looks just like all others ...

The reasons for those grossly errors? I think are dued to the rushed release or a minor care for the romans in general .

I also woudl have expected to see the return of the Arcani unit , now they placed Gladiators , berserkers, Egyptian old style, pijama party , dogs and ... no Arcani? One unit that woudl have made surely a difference between all the looking the same legionareis , and despite some mght argue they never exhisted , there are actually historical proves that they did ... perhaps not dressed like RTWI but undoubtely they were cool .
    there are a lot of other units that coudl have been done for romans , like antesignani , manuballistarii , Cohors urbana , militia ,
    names wrong like funditores , sagittarii ( syrian archers look different from what they should )

you can see an old mod showing of some of units ...

for the officers woudlhave been nice to see , Standard bearers , corniceans , Centurions , Optio ( this one is in apparently ) and signifers ( there were more than one but one is ok )
    Last edited by PROMETHEUS ts; September 13, 2013 at 04:04 AM.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

I have also noticed as probably others did that the German Berserkers do not use Bear pelts, but Wolf pelts ....

Well there are 6 different bear pelts in the game , but ... they seem to be all the same and when I replaced the wolf pelts with the bear ones that's the result ... wich I guess is rather unpleasant and explains why in the rushed release of the game they had template meshes for the bear pelts that never got completed and so there is only one and is the one used by the army emissary on the campaign map ...

I have so reverted back the bersekers to wolf pelts ...

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

88HaZZarD88's Avatar Tiro

great work ! thanks for fixing CA mistakes

Wanted to make the Plebs look more mixture of plebeians, slaves and roman civils but seems that there is an incompatibility between strat models and battlefield ... seems for now ...

too bad woul'd have been nice to see actual citizens on field rathern than another unit of pseudo soldiers with a sagger .

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Thanks man, the C.A proportions were shameful. You deserve a REP.
    Looking forward the next corrections.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Important mod under aesthetical profile. I've noticed with pleasure this feature added making different weights for people from different places...at the same time I've discovered this hilarious proportions reminding me Marvel heroes and Mattel toys ah ah....thanks for this mod, I'll surely use it when my copy of "odi et amo: total war" will arrive to burn my pc with its benny hill show faces. Grazie

Here is a New Version of the "Legatus" unit , the late general unit ...

I have gived them facemask helmet , cloacks and a new general unit , The facemasks are supposed to be used only in sport cavalry compatition but actually there are proves of them been used also on battlefield for causing intimidating effect ...

I wonder if you like it and if I eventually shoudl give to another unit as well ...

The roman cavalry looks all the same and without the possibility to actually make newmodels I am limited to hack and remesh what there is ingame .

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Updated the main file with the new height slight changes and reduced the variance to little bit more than the half of befoure because it created disproportioned people between the same unit that wouln't be a problem much for barbarians or ununiformed beople ,but on uniformed ones like romans and greeks created people with larger shields and stuff that looked odd ... so I reduced for everyone apart the mobs and the tribal crowds .

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Thanks for this Prometheus. I looked at this using Mod Manager, and it reports 1 conflict between your mod and Radious Total War Mod in the "db\land_units_tables\land_units". Will this cause any issues with compatibility between the two mods?

This is because he might have changed something there , and this mods alters that table to fix all the units to the correct heights , just load my mod befour his own.

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Both mods are in the Movie Pack format so I cannot change the load order using Mod Manager. I will try to rename your mod so that it comes first because I assume the packs are loaded alphabetically.

I have Added the following Add ons :

Now all Romans are red with different shades, no more yellows

Changed Praetorian Cavalry
    Changed Praetorians
    Changed Praetorian guard.

Varied the Praetorian shields with new custom texture patterns and added lion standard bearer .

Praetorian Cavalry

Praetorian Guard

Praetorians

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Great work

I wanted to ask you:
    I've looked in "unit_variants" and they put the number "1" in "height scale". Do you think it stands for 1,7m as Jack Lusted said in his Dev Chat thread?

The base skeleton for soldiers in Rome II is 1.7m tall or around 5’ 6”.

yes more or less should be like 1.80

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Default Re: Realistic Units mod - heights and Roman Reskin

Is it possible that some 3D models are now more different in height from their 2D sprite equivalents? It seems to me that there is some more LOD 'popping' going on with this mode. Not sure though.

Not sure what u are referring to , I haven't noticed anythinglike that honestly ...

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

On the battlefield, at some distance from the camera, the 3D units change into 2D sprites (distance depends primarily on 'unit detail' setting). I had the impression that the switch from 3D to 2D was more noticeable than before. So I modified the unit sizes in your mod for testing and found that the size of the 2D sprites (and of horses) don't change, only the 3D models. When changing the modifiers for example all to 2.0 it will be very obvious when the engine switches from 3D to 2D.

Do you think it is possible to change the size of the 2D models as well?

No idea .perhaps might require a regeneration of all the unit's sprites , but I do not think its quite noticeable unless you golook for it no?

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

No no, it's not a big problem. Would have been nice to have the sprites in the same size but not show-stopper in any way. Keep up the great work!

x2.0 modified units on horses look pretty hilarious btw

MDT's Avatar Decanus

Would you mind giving your downloads some kind of version numbers?