Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila' Ancient Armies / Fınal update

Default Re: Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians) UPD-02.10.2013

absolutely agree with you, thank you again for take care of Athenai

Default Re: Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians) UPD-02.10.2013

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    if there is one thing I can suggest about Parthian colors is to change back the red and green (carthage colors?) to the old colors and tone down those colors instead.
    for example right now some units are completely white, others are a mix of blue and grey while others still have purple and teal colors... oh and some units are just red/green color combo so this makes parthia look a pit random.
    That was the intend to make Parthian faction. Parthian armies has the less color uniformity compared to their counterparts especially Hellenes or generally settled cultures/armies. Despite that i'll revisit the faction and see what i can improve anyway.

also I noticed the greek Thorax armor clips a lot with the vanilla cloth armor of the eastern spearmen.
    so its like purple bubbles coming out here and there through the armor.
    I changed the eastern spearmens Linothorax armor to standart tunics. Thanks for the report on clipping. In fact despite defined as eastern armor those Persian and Eastern Linothorax armors have some clipping issues. I hope CA patch them later we have better and less conflicting models to work them on.
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; October 02, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

UPDATE

Uniformity update for Parthia!

Two characteristic seperation between mounted and foot units. Mounted units due to their social status and wealth have brighter and more catchy uniform colors. Foot units... to create sort of a contrast between classes have earth and sand varied color tones.

Persian archers share reversed and the same color schema.

Updated mounted units:
    • Parthian horse archers.
    • Horse skirmishers.

Updated foot units:
    • Eastern Spearmen
    • Eastern Slingers
    • Eastern Javelinmen
    • Eastern Hillmen
    • Persian archers
    • Persian elite archers

Minor changes will come but i think i found a way to give Parthians more characteristic look.

Hope you enjoy,

Edit

Download links are renewed.
    Screenshots are updated.
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; October 02, 2013 at 08:11 PM.

Default Re: Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians) UPD-03.10.2013

awesome job mate. they look much better now.
    btw a small suggestion that will probably make many eastern factions fans very happy.

fixing the elephants.

Indian elephants are bigger, have bigger tusks and ears.
    they also naturally make the smaller African elephants very afraid.

is it possible for you to make the african elephants 1.25 times smaller? also if the ears of the indian elephants can be increased then terrific.
    idk if these are possible btw but they would be great additions.

Default Re: Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians) UPD-03.10.2013

I had to remove this mod because my game kept crashing at start any idea what mods it might clash with?

Edit: I think it has something to do with patch 3.
    Last edited by auboy; October 03, 2013 at 01:29 AM.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

you and Gustave

Will this work with Close Combat 3?

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

it will work, 'cause is only a reskin mod this one, changing visual aspect of some factions.

Salve Citizens!

Athens is a go, I think i made a good job there. Testing and balancing.

Stay tuned for screenshots

@Toho

Today i deep dig into DB files to find how to alter elephant sizes but couldn't. However i'll keep my eyes open ask couple friends how to handle this.

I'll be back

@Dramabelli

This Picture is awesome! Whats this mod?
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; October 03, 2013 at 08:40 AM.

Default Re: Legionaires Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians, Athenai) UPD-03.10.2013

Athena is ready!

Screenhots are uploaded.
    Download links renewed.

Enjoy,

Default Re: Legionaires Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians, Athenai) UPD-03.10.2013

Hi, I see Athenai release, I try and I'm a little disappointed (sorry is not a criticism just an opinion), I did not expect at all was that, all the previous release are ok for me , Athenai for me it is the image that has DramaBelli post above, I just want to see more corithien helmet, such as the unit that looks like it, nice work anyway !

I see no diference between Cathage and Athenai many identical unit, Carthage is just perfect, Athenai not enough, you know, his own identity

2 pictures I post, here is how Athenai should be, I think

I understand your disappointment totalwar31 but remember that the Corinthian helmet is belong to classical age of Hoplites (Battle of Marathon).

But,

I won't let you down like this For the Corinthian helmet fanatics and you i'm gonna prepare an alternate version of Athenai and add more Corinthian helmets to Athenian hoplites.

Stay tuned for the alternate version,

@Dramabelliyour image (Sacred Band), you use : Little Legionaire, Gustave and => Noif_Carthage_army_v1_1.pack !?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post
    Salve fellow citizens,

Thureos Hoplites
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You cant really call these units Hoplites because Hoplites were people who carried the Hoplon shield. Your unit carries the Theuros. They are called, not hoplites, but thureophoroi.
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; October 03, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

@ Little legionnaire , as said "Mr auboy" my game crashes with your mod, when I disables the game works well when activating your mod the game crashes, reboots my PC, blue screen, .... your mod has a problem I think

Thank's for alternative Athena
    worst today is that the mod (version 15 and last 17) makes me crashing the game

Its not just you. Its the CA update. I removed all nods but it still crashed at splash screen

My game works very well with the last update of CA, by cons when I activate the mod the game crashes within 5 minutes