Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila' Ancient Armies / Fınal update

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians) UPD-01.10.2013

I just want give small notice that like all greek units are shared to all hellenic factions like to Seleucid. What you change on greek units on Athens or Macedon, they will show on on other hellenic factions too.

Default Re: Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians) UPD-01.10.2013

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif de Bodemloze♔ View Post
    I just want give small notice that like all greek units are shared to all hellenic factions like to Seleucid. What you change on greek units on Athens or Macedon, they will show on on other hellenic factions too.
    That's right mate but i recolor majority of units individualy what i mean is when i mod for example Epirus and Makedon pikeman they'll have their own unique color schemes. Just like Pontos and Parthian eastern spearman. But if you're mentioning armor changes for example what i did to Elite Persian Archers... Yes, i decided to give that elite unit more elite looking and i knew that if i made that choice the other factions shall be affected and they'll have the same eastern linothorax.

Thanks for the notice, appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post

And the next stop is

Makedon or Carthage?

You decide and i do
    I'd prefer Carthage first.

Carthage then, I was thinking the same thing!

After the Carthage i plan to focus on Hellenic factions.

Great stuff !!!

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar31 View Post
    Great stuff !!!
    Stay tuned,

Carthage is done, test and balanced. I made several armor alteration on some units. And made favor to Carthaginians due their heavy rely on mercenaries i recolored all their mercenary stock individualy.

Pictures and files are ready to upload!

DP
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; October 01, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

Awesome, I looking forward to it!
    for the next, Greek faction, please

"After the Carthage i plan to focus on Hellenic factions." YES

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

I really appreciate your mod and the way you approach to us, sir, still a great job! rep again as soon as possible

Default Re: Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians) UPD-02.10.2013

Bump,

Carthaginians are good to go!

Upload links renewed.
    Recommended mod section expanded.

Enjoy!

@Dramabelli
    Real kind of you mate! Thanks for enjoying my mod. It's so good to hear that. As a diehard EB fan i try to follow their path humbly.

@Totalwar31
    Now its the turn of Hellenic factions! Epirus, Sparta, Makedons and Athenai. I was thinking to start with Epirus. Their vanilla color scheme is awful. What you think?

P.S.
    Before starting the Hellenics, i'll make small review on my job look for a better color balance and fixes. I think before making a further step it would be a good little moment rest and control. It won't take that long though and after that small period of laziness i'll launch a full scale assault on Hellas

Cheers,
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; October 01, 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Default Re: Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians) UPD-02.10.2013

I have a dream... that one day CA is gonna release a Barbarian invasion expansion v2.0 or something along the lines and Byzantium/Eastern Roman Empire will be in it and you're gonna mod its units

Eastern Romans would be a marvellous faction to work on! I always liked diversed factions like Eastern Romans, Pontus, Carthage... and i'll be there if that happens!

And i'm eagerly waiting the Seleucids. They'll get a special treatment from me. They're like Eastern Romans of ancient era. Solid Hellenic core and lots of locals. So inspiring!

can I ask why did you give elite persian armor greek armor instead of the usual eastern heavy armor?
    btw wonderful work. this should make eastern cultures more interesting. especially Pontus.
    Last edited by Toho; October 01, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    can I ask why did you give elite persian armor greek armor instead of the usual eastern heavy armor?
    btw wonderful work. this should make eastern cultures more interesting. especially Pontus.

Hey Toho,

I remodeled Persian archers based on this picture. Despite being a Hellenic origin of Linothorax its widely used by their Persian neighboors/counterparts. And even Hellenic mercenaries served Persians large numbers. Cultural interaction was common in ancient era more than we know due to trade and even with wars. And the trade of goods including arms and armor was a natural result of this interaction. I decided to give Linothorax armor to Persian archers because basicly the Linothorax would be better and practical choice (due to mobility reasons) for a missile unit instead of a heavier scale armor for example.

Thank you,

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

+rep, you finally made pontus interesting, CA seems to have forgotten pontus when it came to unit roster. =). nice work

Update,

Changelog

Pontus
    • Added cloaks to Pontic Bronze Shields to give that unit more "elite" look.

Ptolemaics
    Color and armor uniformity update.

• Royal units (pikemen, thorax, peltasts) share same color schema.
    • Added cloak to Hellenic Royal Guards.
    • Changed chainmail armors with Hamata. (more accurate armor look instead Celtic style)
    • Pikemen and Thorax pikemen share the same color schema.
    • Karian Axeman, Galatian Swords, Levy and standart Thureos Spears, Thorax swords has uniform color updates.

Notes
    • Screenshots are uploaded.
    • Download links are renewed.
    • All tested.

Enjoy,
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; October 02, 2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Extra information

To choose, I would advise you to start with Athenai . Changes made ​​on the factions already released are welcome and proves the seriousness of your mod, thank you ! +rep

" can I ask why did you give elite persian armor greek armor instead of the usual eastern heavy armor? " I am also of this opinion, I think it could be better (it's just an opinion and not a critique).

just for "melee infantery" Pontus and Parthians.