Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Attila' Ancient Armies / Fınal update

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Legionaires Armies Mod / Early Republic and Hellenics update 09.11.2014

Ok np mate, keep updatinh and wish you best of luck!

Default Re: Legionaires Armies Mod / Early Republic and Hellenics update 09.11.2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Ok LL! perfect. I would like to ask you, for a version without your hellenic generals....they are all looking the same cuirass and that's not cool&realistic. please mindi f you send me a version without them? or try to consider a resking variety (or leave it as they were in vanila wich was ok)
    They have two different iron cuirass (one decorated and plus four extra plain cuirasses) sets and in total 4-5 different cuirasses and coloured helmets to increase even more variety. I go step by step unit to unit culture to culture to cover so many factions. And you're asking a non officer version Tenerife, Choice is yours but there won't be a different version. As the author of this mod i'd clearly say that there won't be secondary or customized versions.

But hey! This is where the modding begins! You like the mod but some parts of it is not that cool and realistic and you start to mod the mod.

Thanks for suggestions and good luck,

Different cuirasses? omg I have to be blind...seriously I need to check again the mod then
    As always, great job and keep making it bigger and bigger!!!!

Cheers

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Is this mod compatible with MP?

Hello Legionaire! here are your pictures as promised https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j9ivqzryp...4uBWRGX9a?dl=0

Some Samples
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also I am now working for a hosted modification, Antiqua Imperium, and was wondering if your permission for your work to be used still stands and if it includes the new things you are making. (I think the leader ABH has talked to you about this but I was just checking )

Guys i want to share with you whats coming up!

Complete overhaul of italian and samnite shields!

This is just a small portion!

Samnite warriors

Italian swords

Etruscan hoplites

Italian spears

25 unique shields patterns made for Samnites (rectangular) + 20 oval shields

This update will cover the whole Italian units not only playable ones. Etruscans and Samnites too!

Hope you like it!

And theyre not final,

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Legionaires Armies Mod / Italian cultures preview

It´s impossble to not like them, ha, ha! Awesome work! Thanks a lot!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Those shields look bad ass.

Definitely this is coming along well mate, maybe add coloured helmets to the Samnites? I'm not really sure on whether that's historical, but it would provide some good classification as to maybe how the Italians were influenced by Hellenic Warfare of the time. For me they seem a little Greek though. That's just a little point so ignore it.

Would you also consider giving more sheild patterns to Selecuids and Macedon?

Great!
    These guys still have the banner Samnite instead of Roman medals on a stick.

Gorgeous!!!!
    It's a pitty I prefer to play with Hegemonia mod activated and so will never see etruscans in campaign but hey! I will give them a try in custom battles. All those skins are brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Those shields look bad ass.

Definitely this is coming along well mate, maybe add coloured helmets to the Samnites? I'm not really sure on whether that's historical, but it would provide some good classification as to maybe how the Italians were influenced by Hellenic Warfare of the time. For me they seem a little Greek though. That's just a little point so ignore it.

Would you also consider giving more sheild patterns to Selecuids and Macedon?
    Thanks mate,

This is coming all along good Marechal I made an extensive research for Samnites but never seen a colored helmet portrayal of their equipment. Lots of feathers and crests, that's all. It's better to keep them as they are.

@ROMAL,
    Thanks a lot man but for the banners i don't know what to do exactly.

@Tenerife,
    Be my guest, Hegemonia looks like a great mod. It's hard to choose between so many alternatives.

By the weekend, plan to release update with couple more suprises.

I'll give secondary and tertiary colors to Early Roman legionnaires for example. That means less uniformity for Polybian maniples. Plus, i'll check Hellenic tunics to increase their tunic color and portray them less uniformed thanks to Tenerife' feedback. And couple more fixes, color balance and etc. There'll be major to minor changes covering many aspects.

Thank you all,

Please to note in this picture quite good variant for the shield of a Roman officer.

Arms and Armour of the Imperial Roman Soldier (Graham Sumner, Raffaele D'Amato)
    Last edited by ROMAL; November 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM.

I do like your work very much, except when i use your mod with Radious. Carthage Noble Cavalry and Epirus Hellenic Royal Cavalry (maybe more so far discovered those) have invisible horses. I did full reinstall of Total War and added mods one by one to discover yours makes this problem, but i do want your reskins! Can you help me somehow with this?

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Awesome stuff LL!, great skins will try them soon +reps

Quote Originally Posted by alexej View Post
    I do like your work very much, except when i use your mod with Radious. Carthage Noble Cavalry and Epirus Hellenic Royal Cavalry (maybe more so far discovered those) have invisible horses. I did full reinstall of Total War and added mods one by one to discover yours makes this problem, but i do want your reskins! Can you help me somehow with this?
    I use Avetis' horse armor mod and implemented that into mine. Probably this is the very reason of issue. But i'll release infantry only mod as an alternate by new update to prevent conflicts and your problem will be solved automatically.

Plus, unfortunately mod is not compatible with Multiplay. And i can't play with my best bud due to that problem.

Toon@
    Thanks my friend! Be my guest anytime

Great news bro, and thanks for +rep

Etruscan Hoplites final!

I plan to release update by sunday guys,

Extensive review made for tunics and now apart from the elites (which are more uniformed) mid and low class units are much more colorful and diversed. Aim was less uniformity for certain unit classes.

And there are many more suprises, and ofc Hellenics...

Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post
    I use Avetis' horse armor mod and implemented that into mine. Probably this is the very reason of issue. But i'll release infantry only mod as an alternate by new update to prevent conflicts and your problem will be solved automatically
    I have yours mod and Avetis armored horses on top of mod manager still those two units have invisible horses. I am using a steam version of Armoured horses, what am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by alexej View Post
    I have yours mod and Avetis armored horses on top of mod manager still those two units have invisible horses. I am using a steam version of Armoured horses, what am I doing wrong?
    Don't use Avetis (which is absolutely fantastic!) horse mod then because all of his work is part of my mod already.

Those hoplites look amazing mate well done.