Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: War of the West on Hiatus-Updated

Default Re: Announcement: War of the West on Hiatus

Will you still be releasing the beta Britannica campaign of this mod?? And can you tell us at least wil it be this year or early next year?

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Hi all, its been a while I didn't come here,

With time and other projects going along in life, it seems to me unfortunately for you the fans, I couldn't hold my words and couldn't deliver what I've promised.

As you can see, most of the main team members have either disappeared or lost motivation to mod. I will not lie, with my paramedic career and others things, I have too lost motivation to mod. Its a shame I must admit but I can't evade the subject and to answer the inevitable question of "if this mod is dead or not?"

To answer that question, it will depend on what the TWC members wants to do with it. For the current WotW team, yes this mod's dead. However, the idea and the project may survive if some modders who still have the spark of do what they love with this awesome game wants to take over.

As saying this, I retire myself from modding, it may not be a surprise for many but it's official now.

Even with those declarations, I won't and haven't destroy anything from what's have been done. All the modding material are still inside my computer along with plans I've made and a stable folder; not finished but still workable.

By saying this, I will release all the material of WotW to the public but under one condition that I would ask to respect; All the material will be available only if the moddder(s) continues and finishes WotW. That means, nothing will be available for other mods/submods as resources until the next team finishes the current WotW Britannia, afterwards, they could do whatever they want.

I'll be around the forum from time to time and will answer to modders who wants to take over. Serious motivation that I'm seeking, not "yeah I'll do it" and the next weeks, quits it. A well planned organization, formation of a new team, etc. You are allowed to start a new thread to discuss about it as well.

It has been a pleasure to work with my teammates as well many modders around TWC as well satisfy fans as much as I could with some ideas and things I've done and give to you. Take care during the Holidays; be with your family and people you love, life is so short.

Best regards.

Polycarpe

VINC.XXIII's Avatar Retired

I hope another team will rise and finish that great work you guys did...
    The Third Samnite War, a Total War: Rome 2 mod on pre-roman Italy

Patronized by phoenix[illusion]
    [/SPOILER]

This is a sad thing that you leave Polycarpe the TWC community will be poorer with out you. This mod is one best.
    So for the modding thing if i get the files i can add a new thread as "morfeasnikos working folder" and upload anything that i will do. So that anyone can use it only in WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    This is a sad thing that you leave Polycarpe the TWC community will be poorer with out you. This mod is one best.
    So for the modding thing if i get the files i can add a new thread as "morfeasnikos working folder" and upload anything that i will do. So that anyone can use it only in WOW.
    Sort of, it more means that if you are willing to take over WotW, you can start a new thread and share your development but the files would be shared with other modders that follow the same path of reviving the team.

i must thanks the involted team members who made all those great england and other units,these are one of the best units i ever saw! thanks again and have a good life after the modding!

This is truly a black day at TWC with this news. Once the matetrial is made public I will surely get my hands on it to see if I can make any progress. I hope there are some skilled modders out there looking for a new project. This mod is of to high quality to let die and be forgotten in the realm of unfinished mods.

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

You gave me the taste of modding and I've taken your work as a reference. I wish I could have more free time.
    Mate, the only thing I can say (and I'm sure you'll understand it) is: "Chapeaux bas!!!"
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Polycarpe View Post
    Sort of, it more means that if you are willing to take over WotW, you can start a new thread and share your development but the files would be shared with other modders that follow the same path of reviving the team.
    This is what i mean. Playing a mod i make some changes adding units fixing adding scripts etc, and to do this i need the current WotW Britannia version, to make the tests and get the general feeling of the mod. If a modder r willing to use the material they can do it, but i cant be in a team, because i dont have much free time.

PS If a team takes over and want some things i can help them.
    Last edited by morfeasnikos; December 17, 2013 at 09:20 AM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Only now I have noticed the sad news, hope the new time will rise to finish this amazing idea.

SonofPeverel's Avatar GLORY TOTHE BROTHERHOOD
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus

I am still around, and have been plugging characters and units around the map. I will not promise to finish the mod soon, as my RL is extremely busy for the foreseeable future, but I can promise the mod will not die, and will be released once things settle down for me.

HOUSE OF HADER

Default Re: Announcement: War of the West on Hiatus-Updated

Glad to know that all hope is not dead yet

Thanks to PolyCarpe for all his great contributions to TWC modding over the years. I wish SonOfPeveral the best of luck on continuing this much anticipated mod!
    Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another's tribulation: not because any man's troubles are a delectable joy, but because to perceive from what ills you are free yourself is pleasant - Lucretius

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

thats a pity, we will wait patiently!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Hi everyone, after several months of being busy at work and personal stuff and getting bored with League of Legends, my motivation of remodding came back. I recently replay Medieval II and was saying to myself; "damn there's some many things I can fix, wait I was doing this back in the days, why not restarting?!"

Now since there's quite a good amount of dust on the files, I need to recheck and figure it out where we were at as well calling my old comrades to see if they are alive or not.

Will give you news quite soon, WotW will be finished I promise!

Polycarpe

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Well that is wonderful news!

New hope

Yesss!!!