Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

ceretic's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [TWR2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

I have a recommendation; make a mod which is set in the British Isles (UK and Ireland) in the Iron Age and with about forty factions. These factions would be the Ancient British tribes (e.g. Iceni, Dumnonii etc) battling for dominance of the islands. Perhaps the Roman Empire could be an extremely powerful "emergent faction" arriving in boats in 50BC led by Julius Caesar, landing in Kent.

Thye campaign map would use the map of the "traditional counties" of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales as a basis and then sub-divide those units into three or four pieces, equating the province and region dynamic. As for the appropriate Iron Age names of the provinces... I would retrofit using the Welsh and Gaelic languages as a guide - ask me if you need guidance. The factions could differ from each other by being parts of about four different "cultures". The Britons of the south-east (Atrebates, Catuvelauni, Cantii, Regnii, Dubonni) would be "Belgic" and use money, share religious traits (e.g. worship Beli) and live in "Oppidum" (towns). Some other ancient British tribes would have a "Brythonic" culture and have different gods, where appropriate live in hillforts (e.g. Durotriges, Dumnoni, Votadini, Ordovices). Other factions would have "Ivornian" culture, different gods, different appearance (e.g. Irish factions, Iceni, Brigantes, Deceangli). A final group might be "Caledonian" culture and include the ones living in northern Scotland.

I think this would have the advantage of:

a) being smaller and more manageable
    b) being a time period and locum which is popular
    c) offer diversity of units and cultures
    "Morydd left not one man of the army alive, but ordered each to be brought before him, one after another, to be killed and then flayed; and he rested for a short while, and then had the others to be flayed alive and afterwards burned." Ystorya Brenhined y Brytanyeit, Jesus MS. LXI

Default armies and spies

Hello everyone there is a mod where recruit more armies and spies

Icon4 Re: [TWR2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Can someone please make a mod for Total War Rome 2 to view the encyclopaedia properly while offline? The encyclopaedia does not show the icons and videos if opened while offline. A mod to view the complete encyclopaedia without internet connection would help people having a slow connection like me . Thanks in advance.

Could someone please do a little mod to allow you to change your faction capital from a settlement to a province capital?

Default Toon- where are you??

Last week I noticed Toon had started his customasry All-in-One mod. But now can`t see it at all. Does anybody know what`s happened and whether we`ll see a return of it?

Default Re: Toon- where are you??

+1

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

This thread not belong to mod thread.

Redirect any mod related questions here, don't create separate threads. Thread merged.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    Last week I noticed Toon had started his customasry All-in-One mod. But now can`t see it at all. Does anybody know what`s happened and whether we`ll see a return of it?
    His mod was sacked because it violated TWC rules. Any further information is confidential between him and moderation stuff, unless or until he himself makes it public, I can't tell you much more than that.

Default More legions

I have 20 cities & 5 province and only 6 legions but loads of gold and trade. Is there a mod which increases the available generals and legions by at least 50%?

Default VAE VICTIS

Ave all, I'm looking for a mod which adds a senate, factions, cursus honorum, etc.Is there a mod, or anyone working on one, of the vae victis style as the expansion of the eu:rome?That expansion added a lot of inmersive political actions and decisions, which afected your empire as much as the warfare thing. Thanks for your time.

Hotseat! i loved hotseat in M2TW. would definitely love to see hotseat in rome 2. please

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Any way to remove torching gates in sieges all together? I haven't even seen siege towers.

blazerek's Avatar Foederatus

Is it possible to merge, sparta, athens, syracuse, epirus into a single faction like the "Greek Cities"? I would really love to play a united greece. Having a nice mixture of units from all the greek factions would be nice.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Where can I find the Mod Manager?

Hello, this is my first post ever in this forum, and the reason i am here is because i am really annoyed the way the AI just simple walks to my Provincial Capital and lay siege, and simple attacks without siege equipment such as: Ladders,Ram's,Catapults etc. And they send 2 cohorts to throw torches to my iron gate and in less than 1 minute the gate falls and there is that huge cluster , at my gate. Not to mention it takes 1 year to build a ladder eaven tho my army has +2k units and there are woods all over the place. So i am asking if someone could remove the torching gates and make it more balanced with making AI actually build artilery, or if they cannot build ram's/ladders, but not as now 1 year = 1 ladder, because its just ridiclious and not very realistic, and isnt that everyone is aiming for in gaming just that tiny bit of realism.

Default Please help noobs install mods!!!

Hi all!

I havent really used mods since MTW2 where installing mods was only a copy paste kinda thing.

Could any of you more experienced modders explain to install mods for RTW2. I'm trying to use the:
    - Clouds and Selection removal for campaign map
    - Close combat
    - Realistic heights mod

I've done a bit of research but can get them to work, I downloaded the Pack File Manager 3.0.2 and I'm extracting the .pack files into the data folder but the mods arent working.

I read the is another tool called the Rome2 Mod Manager V3 but when i open it, it doesnt detect any mod nor it gives me a chance to find them manually.

This is all really frustrating as vainilla RTW2 needs serious work on it before its enjoyable and I think these features could really help.
    If someone just took a few minutes to explain this I'm sure it would be very helpful for other noobs as well as for me.

Thnxs
    Nico

Default Re: Please help noobs install mods!!!

- you download the mods you mentioned
    - unzip them
    - copy the resulting .pack files to \Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data
    - you're done

make sure to uncheck "show all pack types" then scroll down and check them

There are 2 types of mods files: mod and movie

For Movie packs you just download, un archive and put the .pack file in the Data directory (you do not need to open the .pack file). These are auto loaded.

For Mod files you download, un archive and put the .pack file in the Data directory like above. However you will have to add the mod to your user.script.txt file or use the Mod Manager by .Mitch.

The Mod Author will usually state whether it needs the Mod Manager (thus being a mod file) or not (thus being a movie file)
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Can someone tweak phalanx a bit , i know its bugged to hell , but maybe increasing stats (defense and stuff) may actually make it useful for now. P.S. tested custom game with and without phalanx and had same number of kills before routing.