Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Is there a mod to change replenishment and allow merging/caught between rock and hard place

Ok I always used M before and that didn't work now I know why. and is there a way of modding so that if units replenish naturally they have experience go down?

Default Re: DeI vs Radious Mod - Overhaul Deathmatch!!!!!

DeI i must say, I played Shogun radious but in RTW2 it's not rocking my boat.

shogon's Avatar Civis

DeI has some wonderful Iberian mercenaries that are so fun to use! I wish I recalled the name, but they held 2 handed axes, wear little to no armor, and had a formation like cavalry (wedge) Those guys just wrecked anyone in no time. Weird thing is they go berserk like elephants lol.

I haven't tried Radious mod really in Rome II because with DeI it's hard to. Really enjoyed rampaging around the world with Carthage, and Egypt. Doing the same slowly as Baktria. Problem is I've advanced towards the Caucasus's and Dacia instead of towards Persia. Going to be doing all that back tracking lol
    40%
    40%
    40%
    40%
    "
    It's a real upgrade, and we're not even halfway to alpha."

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Personally, I would always pick DeI. It's more realistic, and also plays a lot like some of the big name total conversions for the original RTW.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

I enjoy DEI more than Radious, the unit morale and units are just more realistic . One thing I do not like about DEI is the unit names, I like the convenience of looking at units to recruit and seeing "militia hoplites" or "italian swordsmen" other than looking at some latin and trying to make out what it means.

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

I would vote for a Radious and DeI teams merging action. Thats a serious suggestion. There is a lot of effort that is done two, three or even more times for the same thing, just in different mods. Just imagine: Remaking ALL the units of all factions is such a work... It takes a lot of personal and working time away and does basically the same! I think both mods could benefit from each others work and create "preference sub mods" that affect things like Battle Mechanics, Campaign Mechanics and just things where visions, flavors and preferences are not the same.

What I mean with preference sub mods is have the major mod or default mod being somewhere in between arcade and simulation, hence pretty much balanced in all of its aspects but have preference sub mods ready for 1. things that just call for customization (e.g. 4, 12 or 24 turns per year, magic unit abilities turned on or off, vanilla, bullgods or normals unit cards) 2. different flavors or visions concerning battle or campaign mechanics (fast arcade battle mechanics mod, slower realism battle mechanics mod, vanilla CAI or aggressive AI) and 3. things that are serious additions but do not necessarily need to be in the default mod (e.g. Hegemonia, TTT, Camera Mods, Graphic Enhancement Mods).

Default Re: Is there a mod to change replenishment and allow merging/caught between rock and hard place

Yeah no idea why its different now and you cant use the unit cards - its all weird and i havent found anywhere in game that actually tells you its possible to merge units.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SirPeacemaker View Post
    Definitely DeI. Radious has this huge armies script (sooo annoying for me) and DeI targets on reality the most. I have tried Magnar mod, Radious mod and DeI mod and DeI is the best.
    OMG YES, u just read my mind. I enjoy Radious but I wanna try DEI in my 2nd play through. Then I saw ur mgs about the army script and DEI doesnt have that, +1 for me! THANKS!

baldrick13's Avatar Semisalis

i prefer to play radious (the fantasy units thing doesn't bother me and dei made all of the accept buttons dissapear for some reason)

the garrison script is a bit annoying but i'm sure radious will accept feedback on the matter.
    Been a long time hasn't it?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

DeI because it is more historically accurate. Of course, DeI sometimes bends history towards gameplay, which is fine to me, but is still a lot more historical accurate than radious. There are some things I like about radious mod but others are not my thing like the 300 movie style immortals. I wouldnt mind playing it if it were to be an entire fantasy set but mixing historical elements with fantasy doesnt suiit me at all.

As a fan of the old historical RTW1 mods like EB, RTR, RTS etc. I find DEI meets my vision of what RTW2 should have been from the get go...a historically based ancient warfare game. Radious wasn't bad but the battle system wasn't fun, the ecomony and recruitment system were too easy and all the silly fantasy units turned me off. The only challenge that Radious provides is fighting multiple large stacks...not fun. The fact that in DEI there are a bunch of sub-mods you get a great base game overhaul with the ability to tweak things with sub-mods. DEI all the way! Great battle system, units, economy, new buildings, resources, reforms...and more to come such as AOR, event scripts, etc.!
    Last edited by wolfshart79; February 18, 2014 at 10:18 AM.

Civis

I enjoy DeI because of it's approach to modding. Radious I initially used until the early days of AGA, now known as DeI. Selea didn't just tweak some morale values and health values, he overhauled the tables and even added new stats and attributes as a means of providing a more rock, paper, scissors style of gameplay. Topped off with some great unit overhauls, it is a really a great mod.

I voted for DeI as simply Radious is not my cup of tea. I installed his mod, played a while and deleted after 2 days. Sorry, Radious is great modder, but I don't like his approach which usually just make easy game even much easier:
    - people complain about squalor - new buildings has squalor effect reduced
    - reduced research time (which already was too short in my opinion)
    - more income
    - cheaper units with less upkeep
    - no limit for units
    - more edicts, more armies, more navies per each empire level

I want my game to pose some challenge, not to make it easier and quicker, and unfortunately Radious is making it much easier. I want to make some tough choices (like should I invest in barracks or temple or rather recruit few new units and attack enemy) - Radious with his income increase and general cost decrease is taking this choice away from because you can actually afford all of that - building new army at the same time building your economy.

In short:
    Radious - Blitzkrieg (plenty of units and money, quick turnaround)
    DeI - slow pace, first build economy then attack. This mod is for players who like me enjoyed Stainless Steel 6.4 (10 turns before you can recruit knight unit makes you really wonder if you can have new unit or replenish losses for one that you already have) or Lusted's Lands to Conquer.

Don't tried now with 4TPY yet, as unfortunately don't have time to play R2 but judging from his notes this is still the case (like increased tech requirements by only 25% and only middle and late tech)

also - Someone earlier compare Radious to Darth - sorry but they both have completely different approach to modding. Try Radious FotS and then Darth version. With Radious again you will not have to bother about any choices to make, just build army and huraah towards enemy when Darth will be asking you for more cautious approach. When I played with Radious after 5 turns I usually have 1 new province already conquered and my army was moving towards another when with DartMod I was still at the process of slowly building an army.

Radious for me...

I played Radious right after R2 was released - it enhanced gameplay before most mods kicked in. But now when overhaul mods are taking shape, I switched to DeI with its slower, more bearable combat, graphical overhaul of most vanilla units, revised starting positions and tons of new units which aren't too bombastic or fantasy. And it's just my subjective preference at the time. Respect to both mods and modders behind them - keep up the good work!

Default Re: [TWR2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Dear All:

Although I have hundreds of hours logged between the original Rome:TW, MedievalII: TW and TW:Shogun2, am just now getting around to starting a campaign in Rome 2. Although I am eager to start, I am not sure whether I want to use Radious' collection of mods or Toon's AIO mod. As such, I was hoping you all might be willing to highlight the biggest differences between the two, with respect to combat, the campaign, diplomacy, trade and the like.

As well, if there are any other mods you all think I should consider, I am more than open to other suggestions.

Thanks, in advance, for any info or suggestions.

Regards,

Default battle speed mod?

Hi all - sorry if this has been covered already somewhere.

I've just bought Rome 2 now that people say it's been modded into a good game.

However, on playing I immediately noticed that the old TW ridiculous battle speeds are still there.

Units run about like they are supercharged and the battle is over before I can enjoy it.

I know that I can put it on slo-mo, but this is TOO slow and changes the sound.

Is there a good mod that sorts the speed out?

Thanks for your help!

Default Re: battle speed mod?

This is an option, or maybe this one. These change the mechanics of battles but don't change unit stats. There's also mods like DeI and Radious which do rebalance the game and one of the things they change is combat speed.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

DEI mod is my recommendation. Most of my battles are around 15 minutes now, and you really need to start using advance tactics to win. Unless it's a siege defence or bridge battle, in which case you've already won.

Quote Originally Posted by Elitewolf View Post
    This is an option, or maybe this one. These change the mechanics of battles but don't change unit stats. There's also mods like DeI and Radious which do rebalance the game and one of the things they change is combat speed.
    Seconded on both those mods! They work great to extend the length of battles without messing up the balance.

You could also try the Close Combat mod though in my experience it didn't significantly lengthen the amount of time that battles took.