Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Fast forward mod?

The Fast forward button in the game is broken. It takes forever to wait especially in broken siege battle when u need to wait till time out because the AI is not attacking at all Do you guy know any mod that can fix this? Making FF truly FF

Default Re: Fast forward mod?

It's not that, the fps are so low that FF won't gain any extra speed. In that circumstance the game play is smoother if you use slow motion.
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

FF as it currently stands is being limited by having to synch with something which slows down under heavy load (which currently means dead bodies on screen).

If you move your camera to stare off one side of the map, the fast foward time will speed up as load decreases.
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by gakhongten View Post
    The Fast forward button in the game is broken. It takes forever to wait especially in broken siege battle when u need to wait till time out because the AI is not attacking at all Do you guy know any mod that can fix this? Making FF truly FF
    I'd love this too.

M2:TW had a dynamic battle speed which went anywhere from 10% of normal speed to 600% of normal speed in 10% iterations. Where's that gone? The fastest speed feels like it's about 130-140% of normal speed, and when the AI bug and you're waiting for the battle timer to run out, it's best to just wander off and do something else for 20 minutes.

Jonoleth Irenicus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    FF as it currently stands is being limited by having to synch with something which slows down under heavy load (which currently means dead bodies on screen).

If you move your camera to stare off one side of the map, the fast foward time will speed up as load decreases.
    This tip also works on a big picture level.

Since I started not to look at RTW2 my gaming experience improved dramatically.

Default Modifications

Can anybody recommend which mods are worth getting? There seem to be so many and I really have no idea of which mods to get, or which are compatible with each other etc.

Also, is there any mod floating around like the old Darth Mod that has pretty much all of the best modifications all in one?

One more thing; why are these forums so painfully slow to open up nowadays?

Thanks.

Default Re: Modifications

I play magnars mod with 2tpy and 2x unit sizes.
    It comes with 1, 2 and 4 tpy and 1x, 1.5x and 2x unit sizes.
    There is also an option to turn off most of the ridiculous arcade effects including flaming javelins and the more unrealistic general buffs.
    It rebalances alot of things and he has some very interesting features brewing for the future.
    He has a quite comprehensive change log on the first page of his mod thread detailing what's been changed exactly.
    It's a couple of different files to be applied, but it gives you some customizational options for you.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-compatibility

About the slow forum, there was a notice for a fundraiser earlier that the hardware was really old and new one is needed. The notice is gone now so I guess they are in the process of upgrading (my speculation)

thanks for the tips

Thanks!

Red_Barron's Avatar Foederatus

Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul

^Get this. Especially when v1.4 comes out.

This overhauls the general's skill ladder, and gives it much more depth. The options are way better than the vanilla tree. I think he might add in a little xp gain for generals sitting in towns too (as there are skills in the new tree that are directly related to the civic side of your empire, and not exclusively the battle side).

Also, the ancillary cards are getting an overhaul. He is replacing the art to give it more diversity (and take it off of the monotone Red background), and changing the buff's to be more diverse and flavorful as well. I think he might eventually tackle agents the way he is tackled generals, but it might be a long ways off.

In my eyes, this mod should eventually be standard fare wrapped into any good overhaul mod in the future!

Red_Barron's Avatar Foederatus

Silly me, here is a link to the mod......

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-2TPY-HOTFIX)

Senator

I'd advise against most of the mods because all the major mods mix some changes bringing greater realism and better gameplay in some of the changes they make (e.g nerfing transports), with other changes involving the exact opposite of historical accuracy (e.g making archery better against armour than slings) and worse gameplay (they all slow units' movement - they're slow enough in the original game already for it take forever to get into battle already even on the crappy version of "Fast Forward" in Rome II).

There are some mods that only do one thing each that are big improvements - The 2/4 turns per year mod (due to patches you need to download ESF editor and then see post 9 in the thread - but its easy) , Dresden's Carthage mod (lets you get the Carthaginian client states to dissolve and join Carthage) and Dresden's Loose Formation for All Units mod for instance.

The Graphical Enhancement Mod is also great - it both makes the game less laggy in battles and makes the graphics in them look much better, especially if you set it to true colour (it explains in the thread on the mod how to do that - it's easy - just one small edit to one text file)
    Last edited by Dunadd; October 12, 2013 at 02:56 PM.

Can anyone give a link to this dresden carthage mod and dresden diplomatic unlock mod, because I read about it everywhere, but can't find it... Thanks

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Swamidude View Post
    Can anyone give a link to this dresden carthage mod and dresden diplomatic unlock mod, because I read about it everywhere, but can't find it... Thanks

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ted-10-4-13%29

Quote Originally Posted by Swamidude View Post
    My mods are in my signature.

I would also recommend Hellbent's mod, really adds to characters.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 12, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Mods tend to not deal with the deeper issues, since they cannot. The turns per year mods help with character longevity, but not their shallowness, for example. Removing capture points just makes the AI stand around assuming they don't still bumrush the gates after torching, and unless you remove starvation entirely, armies will still starve themselves to death because there's a strange relationship between what structures you build affecting your food supply and somehow THAT affecting your army strengthen.

Worse, patches tend to override or mess up the mods too, meaning you either have to re-install or start over.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I use Special Abilities Be gone! because it gets rid of the fire pilums and horse fire arrows.

I used to use Radious Battle Mod, but since the official patches really slowed battles down to a pretty much ok level, I`ve dropped it. Radious is great, but, as with many Mods, they get excited with the fame and start doing way too much. At this stage it`s too early to do too much with Patches popping out every week-ish and I don`t get a chance to really test the game itself; I just end up wondering if something I see is the game or the mod- I can`t properly judge what`s fixed.

I am considering using the Remove flags mod for sieges and may go back to other mods of Radious when patching has stopped and\if CA have not done the job.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; October 12, 2013 at 08:19 PM.

Wolar's Avatar Tiro

I haven't played that much, but I have enjoyed Silven total improvement mod (or STIM):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-CAI-Spending!

Unit packs by Radious are also worth a try for added variety, you can find them through here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Total-War-Mod

Some mods require use of the mod manager ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36-Mod-Manager ) and as others have pointed out, not all mods play well with others, so make sure they are compatible before you use them. Infact, it might be best to simply gather a list of mods what you'd like to use and then check which of them actually work together.
    Scripta manent, verba volant.

My Byzantine AAR
    My Rome II story

This is the only mod you need as gameplay goes:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ated-12-10-13)