Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 133853545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1288

Thread: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

There was a mod which allowed you to recruit entire rosters and all your tech was researched. Can’t find it!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Thank you for your supportive words.
    Would you be so kind and point out any unhistorical feature we have implemented in the mod? I'm curious and always eager to hear all opinions, so we could minimize any remaining issues.
    I wouldn't call any of your features ahistorical. On the contrary, the game features you've implemented are not only very interesting from the game-play point of view, but also increase the complexity of the challenge that is very much in line with the historical reality; what I have in mind here is your supply script - a great feature indeed! - population script, military reforms, etc. Sometimes a compromise needs to be made like for example when you push forward some of the reform dates, but that's naturally understandable for the game-play reasons.

There are also some other elements that DeI can touch up so as to improve the historical experience. Ancillaries are, in my opinion, a bit underused in this respect. I would personally very much like to see some historical characters (writers, philosophers, artists, architects, etc.) serving as anciallaries instead of, well, a goose and pet sheep.

The family trees provide us now with another great opportunity to recreate the actual ruling dynasties. But that's, of course, a new feature and I'm sure that DeI will make in the future a good use of it.

Proud Non-Citizen and Goth

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. (Morticia Addams)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    I wouldn't call any of your features ahistorical. On the contrary, the game features you've implemented are not only very interesting from the game-play point of view, but also increase the complexity of the challenge that is very much in line with the historical reality; what I have in mind here is your supply script - a great feature indeed! - population script, military reforms, etc. Sometimes a compromise needs to be made like for example when you push forward some of the reform dates, but that's naturally understandable for the game-play reasons.
    Indeed. The purpose of every major overhaul is to maintain the balance between game play-replayability (very important IMO) and Historical content. The reforms are as you said a compromise much needed for many plays who can't wait forever to play with new units etc Plus it's a very moddable feature (1 min edit) if you want them Totally Historical after 600 turns or so.

There are also some other elements that DeI can touch up so as to improve the historical experience. Ancillaries are, in my opinion, a bit underused in this respect. I would personally very much like to see some historical characters (writers, philosophers, artists, architects, etc.) serving as anciallaries instead of, well, a goose and pet sheep.
    We're currently overhauling them, traits as well.

The family trees provide us now with another great opportunity to recreate the actual ruling dynasties. But that's, of course, a new feature and I'm sure that DeI will make in the future a good use of it.
    DEI actually had the Historical family trees (representation through modding) long before the Ancestral update. You could check it in the Sub mods section.

DEI actually had the Historical family trees (representation through modding) long before the Ancestral update. You could check it in the Sub mods section.
    You had the script-spawned historical characters, that I know. These were unfortunately messed up by the ancestral update. So what I meant with my statement above was that you might perhaps now revisit this new feature and try to introduce in the game the historically acurate family trees. However, I believe that this would require redoing the startpos and I do realize that this is a really daunting task.

You had the script-spawned historical characters, that I know. These were unfortunately messed up by the ancestral update. So what I meant with my statement above was that you might perhaps now revisit this new feature and try to introduce in the game the historically acurate family trees. However, I believe that this would require redoing the startpos and I do realize that this is a really daunting task.
    We're currently discussing that feature (among many others). But it will take some time to tweak and improve it, as you correctly said.

(sorry about my English)

Because of Pack File Manager 3.5.1 errored in Rome2 Emperor Edition, so I use Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.0.2 and it works! But when I use to mod music Rome1, it doesn't works. And now I play game without any music (still have sound in game), although I removed mod.

Please help!

We're currently discussing that feature (among many others). But it will take some time to tweak and improve it, as you correctly said.
    That's good to hear!

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

I haven't read the entire thread because lack of time. So if this has been asked and answered, my apologies.
    But...

Is there a stand alone replacement for the People of Rome 2 mod?

I'm not all that interested in playing full conversion mods yet but playing Rome2 without PoR2 just feels wrong and uninteresting.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. (Morticia Addams)

I am fully aware of that mod and actually have it downloaded but turned off. It hasn't been updated and doesn't work anymore.

And I has the sads because of that.

But, it's their mod and if they don't want to keep messing with updating it,... oh well. Try as I might, I can't get mad at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius_Brutus_Caepio View Post

Im still using it, it works.

It only don' t contain Desert Kingdom units and RotR Units.

But the first i have added personal myself, its easy.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; October 02, 2018 at 03:40 AM.

Huh.

I've tried using it since the patches and dlc (got it all) updates and nada.

The pop counter on the city/province screen is the vanilla version. There's no pop data anywhere to be found. I've clicked on and moused over everything and... nothing.

You were right. And since you being right made me wrong, I forgive you.

It was another mod that was interfering (the POR2 submod that removes the new conquered territory malus).

All fixed now. I am happy camper conquestering the world and making it safe for Roman tourists again.

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 15, 2018 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Double Posting.

You should always check for incompatible mods in your folder before reporting and be aware that even unused older remnants of pack files could cause issues, so keep your folder clean and free from submods you're not currently using.

You should always check for incompatible mods in your folder before reporting and be aware that even unused older remnants of pack files could cause issues, so keep your folder clean and free from submods you're not currently using.

Good rule of thumb, there, of course. Unfortunately, some of us take long breaks from gaming and forget the basics of such things

Anyhoo, in case anyone else is trying to get the People of Rome 2 mod to work, the submod for PoR2 that removes the conquered territory penalty, AND the campaign camera mod for patch 20, both, interfere with PoR2.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Good rule of thumb, there, of course. Unfortunately, some of us take long breaks from gaming and forget the basics of such things
    Tell me about it. I haven't played for months

Default Re: [TWR2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Is there a mod one could download that would add the the farming fields graphics on the Augusts Campaign map. I know that DEI has them, but what about for Vanilla?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex

Default How to edit specific behaviours?

Hi all! please, help me. can't find any information on this problem.

How to add new (and edit existing ones) specific behaviours? i already learned how to use existing, but i can't find any information about how to create a new one.
    on pic is what i am talking about

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	specific_behaviour.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	356662

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There was a mod on the steam workshop that allowed you to play as Egypt against this Neo-Babylonian Empire but I can't remember the name of it.