Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1540555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1312

Thread: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default DEI vs Wars of the Gods by ToonTotalWar?

Hi,
    is anyone who has played both mods DEi and Wars of the Gods?
    I´m just curious because in the workshop Wars of the Gods has a high rating but I know one or two Toon´s "all in 1" mods from past.
    No offense, but usually was quite a mess. Lots of smaller mods "glued" to each other.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: DEI vs Wars of the Gods by ToonTotalWar?

I might be a little biased, but go for DeI.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Hro3a View Post
    Hi,
    is anyone who has played both mods DEi and Wars of the Gods?
    I´m just curious because in the workshop Wars of the Gods has a high rating but I know one or two Toon´s "all in 1" mods from past.
    No offense, but usually was quite a mess. Lots of smaller mods "glued" to each other.
    Bran Mac Born describes Wars of the Gods in this post. Of course, more information is available on the DeI forum.

If you'd like to see these mods in action, you could look at zachman1201's Wars of the Gods Ancient Wars- Uniting Germania! (Lugii) and TSJ Plays Divide et Impera Athens.

Default Rome 2 MUST Use Mod!

Just picked up Rome 2 during the big sale and liked it but didnt love it, went searching for some mods and found DEI and was amazingly surprised as it adds so much. Found a vid to briefly explain found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47is...ature=youtu.be

If you were looking for a more sophisticated experience definitely suggest giving it a go

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Default Re: Rome 2 MUST Use Mod!

Quote Originally Posted by EngageDEI View Post
    Just picked up Rome 2 during the big sale and liked it but didnt love it, went searching for some mods and found DEI and was amazingly surprised as it adds so much. Found a vid to briefly explain found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47is...ature=youtu.be

If you were looking for a more sophisticated experience definitely suggest giving it a go
    I strongly recommend playing vanilla first, even if you go in intending to install DEI afterwards. That way you lean how the game actually works and what, if anything, you wish to change with mods. It lets you make an informed decision.

DEI is impressive, but its not for everyone.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Engage DEI- one post first post on this board to shill for DEI. wow.

I tried both with various submods etc...and definitely DEI for me..

Patrician

Default Re: DEI vs Wars of the Gods by ToonTotalWar?

I overhauled the entire mod 2 years ago-it is not just a bunch of mods stuck together. Asking people for their opinion is basically pointless. The only way to find out is the play them yourself and find out what suits your playing style.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Anyone know of any mods focused on Magna Greacia and Sikilia? The various internecine rivalries between various Greek poleis, Latins, Oscans, Tyrrhenians and Carthage etc. I have been playing the rather brilliant I think mod Hellinka for WoS (always thought it dammed shame wrath of Sparta map did not include Sicily) got me thinking about Syracuse etc etc
    I doubt that there is but if anyone know of such a mod around 5-4th century BCE Italian/Sicily Greek Poleis, Carthage
    Thank you

PS I thought I had better point out I do not own RoR DLC
    Thank you
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 21, 2020 at 09:09 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

maybe this?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Rome-666-(WIP)
    but don't expect anything before 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    maybe this?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Rome-666-(WIP)
    but don't expect anything before 2021
    Thank you very much kind sir, I shall follow enthusiastically.

Patrician

WARS OF THE GODS-ANCIENT WARS Version 9.3 is now uploaded. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193736354

A REVIEW OF WARS OF THE GODS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjHHIW9g-zw&t=221s
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; October 26, 2020 at 01:40 AM.

What is a good mod that lets me recruits Named Roman Legions?

Patrician

Jason Wolf- that would be Wars of the Gods-Ancient Wars. Has all the historical named legions.

Cool, thanks. I'll give it a try.

Does anyone know all parts of DEI steam collection? apparently there is 6 I have the original parts 1, 2, 3.

Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; November 13, 2020 at 12:12 PM.

I played DEI for the first time recently and enjoyed myself until I realised the AI was behaving insanely passively. Is there a way to make it attack more? I don't want to use the Hardcore submod because I like the diplomacy weights how they are - I just want the AI to actually do something with its armies, and the Hardcare submod description doesn't even mention army aggressiveness. At the moment it's sitting in its home provinces doing nothing like the vanilla AI often would, and I haven't had a response to my post in the DEI feedback thread asking about this yet so I don't know whether it's a kink that'll get patched or working as intended

alternatively I was thinking to just pick out a suite of mods that recreates a lot of DEI but also allows me to use A More Aggressive AI (which says it's incompatible with DEI). Some help with that would be wonderful. I'm thinking:
    • GC on IA 4TPY version + 4TPY balance submod
    • A More Aggressive AI
    • Better AI Recruitment
    • Season Effects for Main Campaign
    • People of Rome 2
    • Wonders of the Ancient World
    • maybe plus a unit pack but these seem scarce and my GPU sucks

I was loving the units and unique buildings of DEI and the modified starting conditions, and it would really be a shame to lose those features, but I really don't want to play with the AI being so passive and potentially broken that Carthage flees before the might of Syracuse while 3-4 full stacks of Romans (my allies so no sweat) just stand on Sicily's southern shore for dozens of turns, presumably wanting to attack Carthage but not being smart enough to cross the sea

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I haven't had time for answering you in the dei channel
    what you described is not a matter of AI aggressiveness... DeI has, more or less, a correct/balanced and aggressive one, it's probably a technical matter regarding how many operations are capped per faction and in total inside a turn
    I will probably post a testing pack inside that dei post tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I haven't had time for answering you in the dei channel
    what you described is not a matter of AI aggressiveness... DeI has, more or less, a correct/balanced and aggressive one, it's probably a technical matter regarding how many operations are capped per faction and in total inside a turn
    I will probably post a testing pack inside that dei post tomorrow
    oh wonderful, thanks! You're the modder - I have no doubt you're right ^^ what you say would stack up with what happened with Carthage, in that they originally wheeled their armies west to deal with conflicts in Spain. Those wars ended fairly quickly, but it could well have been that Carthage's operations limit wasn't enough for them to wrap things up there rapidly and march back to deal with me and Libya tag-teaming their eastern flank. But Rome's legions and agents spending ages idling around in Sicily makes less sense. As soon as Rome was attacked by a tribe up north they disappeared and dealt with it extremely promptly, which showed that the AI was responding to threats appropriately where it could, but afterwards the legions just came straight back to enjoying their leisure time on the beaches of my high fertility coastal provinces