Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Spartan/Royal Spartan/Spartan Hero Hoplites

Default Re: New Spartan/Royal Spartan/Spartan Hero Hoplites

Do I just drop the packfile into my data folder?

mod looks great I cant seem to get it to work for some reason I put the pack file into steam/steamapps/common/rometotalwar2/data yet I see no changes is their something I need to enable for this to work?

ahhh upon reading more I see you say launch with mod manager saldey I haven't seen one of them yet shogun 2 had one is the mod manger something I need to dl or is just something I missed when I start rtw2 from steam? on shogun it would pop up right after you launched

well that's just freaking weird upon looking at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5GrqrgRCeU mine has the 2 top buttons continue campaign and friends on line but does not have the bottom button the mod manager. I bought the box version of game but I cant see how that would change anything do you have any advice

The mod manager for Rome 2 is here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36-Mod-Manager

ahh that worked thanks so mutch alex and to the mod creator now they look bad ass awesome job, cant wait till some one edits their stats to reflect that...only a matter of time thanks again

I'm also looking foward for the stats, its just too sad that the Spartan Hoplites loose in 1x1 combat against the normal Hoplites of athens, I hope CA fix it actually...

indeed I loved the Spartan royal guard of xgm for rtw (extended greek mod) they cost 8000 and took 30 turns to recuit but my god where they tough .. haha that might be a little overkill, but still a little better stats to reflect this bad ass new look would be awesome.

1stCohort's Avatar Libertus

Great mod, using it now. Is it possible to make an alternate version that adds more variety? Could you add the red shields back to the elite units and mix up the crests. Not much of a fan of the clone armies. Great job though because I know a lot of people were looking for this.

yeah we need to fix the stats, as it stands in the vanilla sword units rape spear units. but nice mod, too bad i have to launch mod manager to work it though

Quote Originally Posted by 1stCohort View Post
    Great mod, using it now. Is it possible to make an alternate version that adds more variety? Could you add the red shields back to the elite units and mix up the crests. Not much of a fan of the clone armies. Great job though because I know a lot of people were looking for this.
    I made a more varied version:
    some Spartan hoplites now also wear bronze chest plates.
    Elite units have red shields again.
    Spartan heroes have mixed black and red crests.

more varied spartan hoplites.rar

1stCohort's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by playker View Post
    I made a more varied version:
    some Spartan hoplites now also wear bronze chest plates.
    Elite units have red shields again.
    Spartan heroes have mixed black and red crests.

more varied spartan hoplites.rar
    Thank you! This is my first mod for Rome II

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Awesome mod ,the only problem i see is that Spartan heroes and Royal Spartans kinda look the sames if you see what i mean ,and if you could do something about that .

Looks aweasome, really looking forward to installing this when I get home!

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Any chance of you editing the Lambda symbol on their bronze shields from white to red, for the Spartan hoplites you made in the first picture?

My game crashes when I try to use it.. the mod manager says it has 4 conflicts with models_rome2. Anybody has an idea ?

Default New Spartan/Royal Spartan/Spartan Hero Hoplites

hey guys. would it be possible to start the file without the Modmanager? I have the steam version and it still does not solve.
    I would be glad if someone could help me.

But how do i get into the .pack files?

Is there anyone who can add a vertical crest to the new spartan hoplite helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    Any chance of you editing the Lambda symbol on their bronze shields from white to red, for the Spartan hoplites you made in the first picture?
    I don't know how to edit textures, but I will try something with photoshop, if I achieve something good looking I'll post it here

Quote Originally Posted by evya View Post
    My game crashes when I try to use it.. the mod manager says it has 4 conflicts with models_rome2. Anybody has an idea ?
    Are you using other Spartan units mod? Naked Spartan heroes or something? This might be the reason of the crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by kosmos85 View Post
    hey guys. would it be possible to start the file without the Modmanager? I have the steam version and it still does not solve.
    I would be glad if someone could help me.
    I think that everybody has steam version and the mod manager runs ok, are you extracting the all the files of the rar where the mod manager comes? I mean, I think that inside the rar there is an .exe and a .dll or something like that, extract both in the same folder.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloSpyker View Post
    But how do i get into the .pack files?
    with the Pack file manager, search for it, it was posted on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nxs4 View Post
    Is there anyone who can add a vertical crest to the new spartan hoplite helmet?
    I don't know how to mod 3d models, let's hope someone does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast