Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Spartan/Royal Spartan/Spartan Hero Hoplites

Default New Spartan/Royal Spartan/Spartan Hero Hoplites

I wanted to make Spartan units more different from each other, so I make this mod:
    Spartan hoplites:

Royal Spartans:

Heroes of Sparta (I don't know if the vanilla unit uses the same helmet, I think they don't, if they wear it I modified the file for nothing ):

To install simply unrar the file in the "data" folder and launch it with the Mod Manager
    spartan hoplites.rar

I hope you like these units

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: New Spartan/Royal Spartan/Spartan Hero Hoplites

Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Leggy View Post
    Finally!

If you have any suggestion I could try to make some other changes, I don't know how to create new helmets, I just can swap some parts of the equipment to some units to others (for example, I took the Spartan Hoplite's helmet from a unit called Hellenic Royal Guard or something like that)

I *Love* the new regular Spartan Hoplites! Major props to you! Any chance you'd be willing to make a tutorial to show how you did them? I'd love to start customizing some units, but I'm something of a noob and have no idea how to get started.

Edit: If I had one suggestion, if at all possible, it'd be awesome to replace *All* the spartan shields with the bronze ones and get rid of the red ones. That'd give them a bit more of a uniform badass appearance.
    Last edited by Alexmcm13; September 08, 2013 at 07:18 PM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by playker View Post

If you have any suggestion I could try to make some other changes, I don't know how to create new helmets, I just can swap some parts of the equipment to some units to others (for example, I took the Spartan Hoplite's helmet from a unit called Hellenic Royal Guard or something like that)
    What about the Spartan Pikemen?

Can you make all shields for either royal or/and hero to be golden? Also same color helm for all royals?

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Could you give the regular hoplites that helmet as well?

How do I load this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post
    I *Love* the new regular Spartan Hoplites! Major props to you! Any chance you'd be willing to make a tutorial to show how you did them? I'd love to start customizing some units, but I'm something of a noob and have no idea how to get started.

Edit: If I had one suggestion, if at all possible, it'd be awesome to replace *All* the spartan shields with the bronze ones and get rid of the red ones. That'd give them a bit more of a uniform badass appearance.
    I followed this "tutorial" from the user Ahiga:
    To save mitch the trouble of people (like me ) asking how to do what he did, to repeat his explanation to me:

1) Go into Models_Rome2.pack
    2) Variantmeshes/variantmeshdefinitions
    3) Find the unit you want to change the appearance of.
    4) Find examples of units you want to take some appearances from (like a cuirass from X, a shield from Y)
    5) Export the models.
    6) Open in notepad
    7) Change the necessary code
    8) Save
    9) Import (I did my own mod movie pack file)

10) Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by sampsa View Post
    What about the Spartan Pikemen?
    Which helmet do you suggest?
    Quote Originally Posted by dl1314 View Post
    Can you make all shields for either royal or/and hero to be golden? Also same color helm for all royals?
    I'll try to change the shield's colour, which colour would you like for the crest, red or black?

i would like for the standard spartans to have the bronze chestplate like the others. the white looks kinda "out of place" to me. would that be possible?

I'm sorry guys, I won't be abble to make all the changes you're suggesting because they are a lot and I don't want to make a pack file for every unit. I'm going to try another version with some changes and I will upload in some minutes.

Has anyone noticed that spartans are taller than helots and perioikoi? Is there a way to change this?

Darn, based upon that guide I attempted to open the variantmesh for the Greek Champion, but unfortunately their helmet doesn't appear as a piece of equipment. I was hoping that I'd be able to use that Corinthian Helmet with the straight plume...

Does this change their unit stats? It annoyed me they got beat by Gaellic spear nobles... (even if they are elite for their faction)

Amazing work!

Now, if I can ask you, are you able to exchange the crests from the Heroes of Sparta for the Royal Spartans? As the Royal Spartans are better and have better stats, I want them to look more badass too, but can you do that as an optional file, or at least tell me how to do it myself? Im sorry if Im asking much, but thanks anyway!

New version guys (I don't know how to edit the first post xD)

Spartan Hoplites:

I took the helmet from this mod:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Spartan-Hero-s
    So, credits to .Mitch. for that gorgeus Corinthian helmet!

Spartan Heroes:

Spartan Pikemen:

Royal Spartans:

Perikoi Hoplites:

PS: I didn't change the Spartan hoplites' chest plates because the bronze chestplates were very rarely used as the hoplites wanted some kind of "light" armour. Anyway if a lot of people asks for it I will add bronze chest plates mixed with the leather ones in a new build tomorrow.
    .Mitch. hasn't give me any permission yet to use his helmet, so if he doesn't want it to be here I will remove it.

spartan hoplites.rar

Alright, so here's a question. Using the PFM, I extracted the variantmeshes for the three units I wanted to use, namely standard Greek Hoplites, Spartan Heroes, and Greek Thorax Hoplites. I replaced the clothing and shield used by the Thorax Hoplite with the Hoplon from the Greek Hoplite, and the chainmail with the bronze chestplate from the spartan heroes. I then structured this into Variantmeshes/variantmeshesdefinitions/gre_thorax_hoplites.variantmeshdefinition. However, when I imported all of this and saved my pack, then threw it in the data folder, nothing happened in game. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Does this change their unit stats? It annoyed me they got beat by Gaellic spear nobles... (even if they are elite for their faction)
    No, I'm sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Warior View Post
    Amazing work! Now, if I can ask you, are you able to exchange the crests from the Heroes of Sparta for the Royal Spartans? As the Royal Spartans are better and have better stats, I want them to look more badass too, but can you do that as an optional file, or at least tell me how to do it myself? Im sorry if Im asking much, but thanks anyway!
    There you go!
    spartan hoplites alternative.rar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post
    Alright, so here's a question. Using the PFM, I extracted the variantmeshes for the three units I wanted to use, namely standard Greek Hoplites, Spartan Heroes, and Greek Thorax Hoplites. I replaced the clothing and shield used by the Thorax Hoplite with the Hoplon from the Greek Hoplite, and the chainmail with the bronze chestplate from the spartan heroes. I then structured this into Variantmeshes/variantmeshesdefinitions/gre_thorax_hoplites.variantmeshdefinition. However, when I imported all of this and saved my pack, then threw it in the data folder, nothing happened in game. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Are you using the mod manager?

Thank you very much for your attention, your work is a masterpiece I would say!

Are you using the mod manager?
    Aha! And now it works and the first stage of my Hellas Resurgent mod is complete! Now if only I could find the damn helmet from the Champion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast