Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 3.6 Progress Reports

Default Re: 3.6 Progress Reports

Quote Originally Posted by pappagoat View Post
    We could do that. It isn't that hard, just drag and drop in the main ETW directory, but still some of our beta testers had difficulties with this, which has had us concerned. Without an updated loader though there would still be some manual file moving required depending on which version of the campaign you wanted to play.
    Ok. If the people that said they would make the launchers and stuff won't do it anymore or are going to hold off doing it for a long time. I could do a step by step install video for union and confederacy if you gave me instructions. I could do this immediately after launch with instructions as I have the proper screen capture software to do it. Anyone with half a brain could install the mod with a step by step video. Thanks for your time Pappagoat!

Foederatus

Did you and Trig experience the same crash that musickman encountered on Turn 25 of his campaign? Is there any way around that?

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

It's not always turn 25, but eventually a campaign-ending crash always appears... I've made it up to turn 40 or 50, but then still got the crash eventually.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Kooperrider's Avatar Foederatus

Have you managed to get in contact with the people who didn't follow through with the installer?

What good is that? You send them a few messages if they're making any progress, when they stop responding you know they're not. You know, people that wanna do someting will do something and they'll keep you updated. And in modding there's no obligations for anyone to do anything. You can't make anyone do stuff, can't threaten to fire them
    We can only just count on the kindness of strangers to help the war effort...
    Last edited by Trig; November 26, 2014 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    What good is that? You send them a few messages if they're making any progress, when they stop responding you know they're not. You know, people that wanna do something will do something and they'll keep you updated. And in modding there's no obligations for anyone to do anything. You can't make anyone do stuff, can't threaten to fire them
    We can only just count on the kindness of strangers to help the war effort...
    So what now? Are we just going to wait for someone to come along and make a launcher or are you guys just doing to release it with installation instructions sometime? BTW since you mentioned it, Don't you think its a good idea to open up donations for this mod? I'm sure alot of people are willing to donate to keep this mod afloat. Also have you ever thought of shooting creative assembly a email about this mod and have them take a look at it? From what I've seen this mod is probably the best projectile based total war (Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2), as well as historically accurate for the time period, as well as graphically accurate (uniforms, fortifications, etc), and that was only from 3.5. Notice how I don't say projectile based total war MOD, because this is AMAZING from vanilla empire. From what I can see this mod fixes so many of empires busts (Horrendous Sieges, 1 soldier in unit glitches rest of unit won't fire or take orders, fixed mechanics for battle realism like line of sight changes, fortifications actually making sense, ETC). If CA ever tries create an empire 2, I would sure hope they take a look at this mod before screwing it up as they always do. Anyways, I hope this gets released soon and that you keep working hard on it because it sure pays off in the end.

I'll take you up on the offer to do a video.

As for crashing, for me it's always the end of 1862 always crashes. Most other crashes I managed to eliminate. We think we know who /when may of introduced elements into the startpos that make it crash so much. Ultimately I will have to try and find an older more stable version of the startpos and re-engineer redoing all the changes I have done to the startpos to date and testing thoroughly throughout... but this will take a lot of time and not be coming with 3.6, and that if I can even find a dependable stable previous version of the startpos. :-/

Foederatus

pappagoat, is it possible to check with the individual who you suspect introduced (inadvertently, I'm sure) changes in the startpos that appear to be causing crashes? Surely that person has some notes, or better yet step by step documentation, of changes to the logic that can be scrutinized and tested systematically.

Just so you don't think it's all doom and gloom and that we're sitting idle while waiting for the installer and launcher to appear, pappa got busy with some quality historic mapmaking:

david8291's Avatar Foederatus

WOW

Bravo! Bravo!

looks great trig and your team! keep up the good work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ff113 View Post
    looks great trig and your team! keep up the good work!!!
    Thank you, but it's not "my team". I am just a contributor to a team, to a mod...

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Thank you, but it's not "my team". I am just a contributor to a team, to a mod...
    It's still your team even if you aren't the leader.

Been watching this thread for quite awhile, its a shame to see the same questions asked again and again.

Glad this great mod is still being worked on and can't wait to try out all the new features you guys have implemented.

Good luck with the launcher issues or lack of one and Merry Christmas!

Thank you.

Would it be possible to re-purpose the installer used for the previous version and use it for 3.6?

Quote Originally Posted by Kooperrider View Post
    Would it be possible to re-purpose the installer used for the previous version and use it for 3.6?
    Great idea. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

If only I knew how

Hey guys

Is this mod stable yet i remember playing it few years ago but it crashed alot has it been fixed or its playable now?

Thanks for answers.