Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Special Abilities Be Gone!

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Default Re: Special Abilities Be Gone!

Neon and Wintermist,

Special abilities can be removed from modded units. All units, modded or vanilla, fall under a unit type, e.g., heavy_roman_infantry. Remove the ability from the unit type and it'll be removed from any units in that category. AFAIK, Row Hard can be removed as it's an ability that's given to a naval unit type.

Loose formation and Guard mode fall to CA to restore to the game. CA has said that Guard mode is always-on for units, and that loose formation is used by all ranged skirmishers. We will be given back the Loose Formation button within a couple patches, hopefully.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Ok then can you release a version of your mod with Row Hard removed?

This is godsend.

Pnutmaster, would you please consider adding "Square Formation" to all Roman Legionary units for this mod? I discovered that you can create the Roman jagged edge formation using this formation; what you do is face the point of the square formation towards the enemy lines, and grided your units side by side, slightly overlapping each other, and they become a jagged edge, and a very powerful defensive formation.

Also, the custom version you made for me (that includes everything, except for special abilties being removed) isn't working anymore unfortunately, some units still have flaming arrows and javelins now. I tried to mod it all on my own, but i'm too confused as to how to use the program you posted in the OP. That's ok though, I would use the full version of your mod, I just really want Romans to have square formation so I can form them in the customized jagged edge, but it really is powerful in-game, especially against a larger attacking force.

Cheers!
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    Neon and Wintermist,

Special abilities can be removed from modded units. All units, modded or vanilla, fall under a unit type, e.g., heavy_roman_infantry. Remove the ability from the unit type and it'll be removed from any units in that category. AFAIK, Row Hard can be removed as it's an ability that's given to a naval unit type.

Loose formation and Guard mode fall to CA to restore to the game. CA has said that Guard mode is always-on for units, and that loose formation is used by all ranged skirmishers. We will be given back the Loose Formation button within a couple patches, hopefully.
    Which table is this under? I've been looking for awhile and I can't seem to find it. I'm probably blind but still ;p

Libertus

Is this mod update 4 compatible?

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by vitmar View Post
    Is this mod update 4 compatible?
    Same question here. I`d rep you OP, but at the moment can`t.

I like playing with your mod. Today I tried the radius units and was shocked how ugly the game was with all that magic abilitys on the units. I had forgotten about that with your mod. So I hope to see a new version for the modded units, too. Great work! +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Same question here. I`d rep you OP, but at the moment can`t.
    I think its compatible but the new Loose formation for units is not present. I hope this mod gets updated.

1. Download the Pack File Manager
    2. Go into your extracted PFM folder and open the file "schema_R2TW.xml"
    3. Scroll to the bottom of "schema_R2TW.xml", respect the formatting, add this schema, and save:
    <table name='missile_weapons_to_projectiles_tables'>
    <field name='missile_weapon' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='projectile' type='string_ascii' />
    </table>
    4. Now, launch the PFM and open the file "SpecialAbilitiesBeGoneV3.pak" (you'll find it in your Rome II /data folder, right?) Most of the file names and their contents should be self explanatory, but essentially, land_units_to_unit_abilities_junctions_tables is for controlling the special abilities of units; missile_weapons_to_projectiles_tables is where flame javelins once resided before I gleefully deleted them from the game; and unit_special_abilities_tables gives you control over a special ability's duration, cool down, etc.
    5. Make your changes, save. If your game crashes/freezes while loading, you probably deleted something you shouldn't have (like that ability Second Wind). Don't fret. Go back to step 4, rinse and repeat until the game is playing to your satisfaction.
    6. Enjoy.
    I just noticed he left instructions how to make changes yourself. I will probably have a go myself then. Last time I modded was with MTW2 to get rid of flamethrower units. It`s really not modding but simply edits.

Thanks, OP.

Is it compatible with patch 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Denco View Post
    Is it compatible with patch 5?
    No it doesn`t. I just tried it. Guess the version patch 5 changed too many things.

Try this Close Combat mod -ready for patch5- (Updated 18.10.2013)

It`s modular pick the bits you want. I chose the no fire javelins or arrows and it works.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; October 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM.

it would be awesome if someone make this mod remove abilitys from mods pack units also

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    it would be awesome if someone make this mod remove abilitys from mods pack units also
    He seemed to indicate there was a way to do it. I asked him to clarify but he doesn't seem to be active and I can't find the table which would do as he described. So you will have to basically do it manually. It really wouldn't be that difficult. In fact it would take only a few seconds per unit pack.

Just open the pack via PFM go to the unit abilities table and then delete the entries for the abilities you don't like ;p

Hey man you should make this mod available on Steam Workshop, its awesome.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

Thank you for this modification. Special abilities are nothing but magic abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetman Khmelnytsky View Post
    Thank you for this modification. Special abilities are nothing but magic abilities.
    Strongly Agree!!!

How about HEAVY SHOT ABILITY for Scythia and Parthia?

Heavy shot ability should be default with these two factions.
    Last edited by jamreal18; November 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM.

Also how about multiplayer?

Efix's Avatar Tiro

is it compatible witch patch 7 ?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast