Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No HDR Mod Version 1.4 final for Patch 8 (Update 18.12.2013)

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: No HDR Mod Version 1.4 final (Update 4, 14.09.2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post

@all who have problems with downloading the files. I tried it with internet explorer just for this case and i was able to download. It's worth a try.
    It doesn't work on internet explorer either. I mean that no hdr color mod by huzsar link do not work.

Can anybody send it to my private mail here?
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; September 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM.

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Hell just post a link. Use Mediafire. The most reliable file hosting site for the past 10 years. And don't rely on TWC to host your files either, they've screwed up all my Shogun 2 mods. Luckily I have hard copies.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Bad213Boy View Post
    Hell just post a link. Use Mediafire. The most reliable file hosting site for the past 10 years. And don't rely on TWC to host your files either, they've screwed up all my Shogun 2 mods. Luckily I have hard copies.
    Hi,

I updated my mod with an additional saturation fix for almost same saturation on all battlemaps. This prevents the huge rift between some map to be too less or to much saturated.

And as requested i add mediafire download links.

Have fun!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: No HDR Mod Version 1.4 final & homogeneous saturation (Update 5, 21.09.2013)

Thanks Mech. Maybe Lucifer can get it working with GEM!

Ordinarius

Default Re: No HDR Mod Version 1.4 final & homogeneous saturation (Update 5, 21.09.2013)

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Thanks Mech. Maybe Lucifer can get it working with GEM!
    I made this mod mainly for GEM because GEM amplifies the effects of saturation and HDR dramatically. You can use it with with all versions of GEM by just putting the file in your data directory.

Have fun!

Mech

love your mod as i do not like the overly-bright HDR of simlar other mods. i am playing dx9 still. any special settings?

Does it work with patch 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Denco View Post
    Does it work with patch 5?
    Did you read the thread title?

Quote Originally Posted by kanzy View Post
    Did you read the thread title?
    Somehow I missed it
    Last edited by Denco; October 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM.

Default Re: No HDR Mod and Color Grading Mod! Version 1.3 (Update 3, 08.09.2013)

can we get some screenshots? comparing the saturation and the contrast adjustments.
    Last edited by freelancerX; October 30, 2013 at 09:03 AM.

Ordinarius

Default Re: No HDR Mod Version 1.4 final for Patch 8 (Update 18.12.2013)

Hi,

I updated my mod to work with patch 8. There are plenty of new files to alter. I spent 2 days just to make it compatible. Due to the sheer number of new weather lighting files that came with patch 8, i discontinued the developement of the other versions with additional contrast and saturation fixes. It needs a LOT of more time to go through all files again and again. Sorry.

best regards
    Mech

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Hi Mech, just used your new version in my all in one mod but unfortunately it seems that the colours have reset themselves back to default vanilla and it looks crap! your previous version prior to Patch 8 was awesome.

I understand that if you are not going to update as there are many files to adjust etc..

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Yep, looks absolutely garbage now again.
    Thanks CA for imposing your awful "artistic vision" on us. Why does your artistic vision have to be so awful?

I'm not even kidding, i can't play Rome 2 again until some modding god manages to edit the contrast and color for the patch 8 files.
    Sigh.. This is why we can't have nice things.

Ordinarius

Yeah. Sorry guys. But do edit hundrets of files over and over again is to stupid for me. So aztec has my greatest respect for his lighting mod. I recommend to use his mod. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2-FULL-VERSION

Mech

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Agree, would be wise do it again in the next future with a more stable game (hopefully) and with clearer ideas by CA.....aaah, what a patience.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Agree, would be wise do it again in the next future with a more stable game (hopefully) and with clearer ideas by CA.....aaah, what a patience.
    The lighting system in Rome 2 is really good. But CA messed up the color filtering. Maybe they wanted to make it more like an old movie (red cast). Here are three examples what could be possible with the correct settings:

But it is necessary to edit hundrets of files without a decent testing possibility due to the randomly choosen lighting conditions by the game itself. Really. You have to load a map ten times until you get your edited lighting file. Then you have to change values over and over again until you reached the correct lighting. If you achieved this finally you can advance to the next. And this hundrets of times. No way, sorry.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

you've already done enough for this game man, I would just be scared by translating thousands of lines for a mythical Language pack overhaul, I cannot imagine a work like this for lightning. I'm already fine enough now combining you effect mod, some tweaks reducing other parameters, aztec gem and doktor1's sweet fx settings: game is great under visual approach. 100% modders' job

No HDR works with patch 9 beta?

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Yes it works.
    I still don't like Aztec's lighting though :/
    Maybe it looks good with gem........

Ordinarius

@ DramaBelli

Thank you! To edit these plenty of files are not such a huge problem, but the testing. As i described, you have no decent testing purposes. You can surely choose your location for a battlemap, but not the lighting itself. Some weather conditions are choosable but nothing more. After clicking the "start battle" button the game chooses randomly the lighting condition. Of course you can abort the battle and start it again. But you have to do it ten times until you get the desired edited lighting file. Then you have to adjust every value after doing that to get the desired result. Of course you can also delete all other lighting files to force the game to choose only the one you left in. But with P8 came a bunch of new directories with hundrets of new files in it. A real time editor would be the best and i am sure CA works with one.

@ Baleur

I haven't tested aztecs mod yet, but i know that his work has great potential. Look at the postet screens in his thread. I think to use GEM with it couldn't be wrong. But with all the values in the weather files it is possible to achieve a very realistic looking enviroment ingame without using of 3rd party tools like Sweetfx or enb series. All necessary settings are located within the files. You have "just" to adjust these accordingly to your desire.
    Last edited by Mech_Donald; January 26, 2014 at 07:32 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast