Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No HDR Mod Version 1.4 final for Patch 8 (Update 18.12.2013)

Ordinarius

Icon10 No HDR Mod Version 1.4 final for Patch 8 (Update 18.12.2013)

Hi Rome Fans!

Here is my

NoHDR mod - Version 1.4 final for Patch 8

Description:

This mod removes the sometimes annoying High Dynamic Range (HDR) Effect. HDR provides automatic brightness adjustment in relation wherever you look. If you look to the sky
    or sun, the brightness will be reduced. This is although a nice effect, but in Rome 2 much too exagerated and, in my oppinion, unnecessary.
    Maybe someone find this annoying, cause the picture seems to change the brightness constantly. Especially with GEM the game would look sometimes extremly
    over exposed, sometimes much to dim all in the same scene.

My mod removes this automatic brightness adjustment so the picture has always the same brightness. No matter wherever you are looking. I hope you will find this helpful.

Due to the sheer number of new weather lighting files that came with patch 8, i discontinued the developement of the other versions with additional contrast and saturation fixes. It needs a LOT of time to go through all files again and again. Sorry.

Changelog:

Update: Version 1.4 final
    - final version of noHDR-mod

Update: Version 1.3
    - again more bugfixing for much too bright regions

Update: Version 1.2
    - more bugfixing for "dark regions"

Update: Version 1.1
    - bugfix for rainy and foggy weather conditions (Thanks to boxleitnerb)

Download link:

NoHDR mod v.1.4: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kg...oHDR_Patch8.7z

Have fun!
    Mech_Donald
    Last edited by Mech_Donald; December 18, 2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Made it compatible to work with patch 8

Default Re: No HDR Mod!

Picture..?

You sir, are a god amongst men.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by theDaedricPrince View Post
    Picture..?
    A picture makes no sense in this case. The effect is only noticable ingame (battlemap) when you look around.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Would this cause any conflicts with GEM or the new Graphic mod just released with color?

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks for making this mod, the HDR was annoying. Now we just need to get the color grading filters removed.

Unfortunately, there is a problem with this mod. When I have it installed, it's completely dark during rain or fog.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Thank you! I hate the damn changes.
    You fight in clear sunlight in a desert with NO clouds on the sky. Full daytime.
    Then you zoom in to see your troops, the entire screen goes dark like if it was overcast.

Thanks for this mod.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Sorry, doublepost again.... These forums just double-post at will even though i just click post 1 time.
    Last edited by Baleur; September 08, 2013 at 05:23 AM.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by boxleitnerb View Post
    Unfortunately, there is a problem with this mod. When I have it installed, it's completely dark during rain or fog.
    Oh yes. Sorry. Haven't testet it for rain and fog. So target aquired. I'm on it, Red 5!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Would this cause any conflicts with GEM or the new Graphic mod just released with color?
    I made this actually for GEM, cause HDR with GEM is much more annoying than without it.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: No HDR Mod and Color Grading Mod! Version 1.1

I honestly cant see any difference. I've even taken comparison screenshots between the colorgradient version and the other version.
    (which one IS with color gradient adjustments anyway? did you mean "colorgradient changes included" or did you mean "vanilla colorgradient" when you named the files?)

Edit: Ah! It doesn't affect historical battles or the campaign. Sorry
    Last edited by Baleur; September 08, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Default Re: No HDR Mod and Color Grading Mod! Version 1.2 (Update 2, 08.09.2013)

Hey Mech_Donald, well done the sun problem is fixed. But the second issue still appears. From far everything looks ok but as soon as I zoom into light textures they get very bright and bloom/exposure (it is not because of GEM but also in vanilla). I dont know if you can fix it.

Ordinarius

Default Re: No HDR Mod and Color Grading Mod! Version 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Baleur View Post
    I honestly cant see any difference. I've even taken comparison screenshots between the colorgradient version and the other version. (which one IS with color gradient adjustments anyway? did you mean "colorgradient changes included" or did you mean "vanilla colorgradient" when you named the files?)
    The adjustments in colorgradient version are few and slightly. Furthermore these settings are visible not on all battlemaps atm. I'm working on it. Therefore i set the release status of this mod to beta.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    Hey Mech_Donald, well done the sun problem is fixed. But the second issue still appears. From far everything looks ok but as soon as I zoom into light textures they get very bright and bloom/exposure (it is not because of GEM but also in vanilla). I dont know if you can fix it.
    Could you please post a screenshot? Unfortunatly i have to take a break on modding for one week. Next week i have no PC, but i can post here furthermore.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Default Re: No HDR Mod and Color Grading Mod! Version 1.3 (Update 3, 08.09.2013)

Cant post a screen but the link to it: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...6ED3230EBDA2A/

Ordinarius

Default Re: No HDR Mod and Color Grading Mod! Version 1.3 (Update 3, 08.09.2013)

Cant post a screen but the link to it: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...6ED3230EBDA2A/
    Wow, that screen look really cool though.
    But the clouds are to bright. Do you have testet it with other ingame gamma/ brightness settings?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Tested it with everything default and no GEM.

Ordinarius

Tested it with everything default and no GEM.
    Ok. My ingame setting are gamma: 27 and brightness: 20 but with a "special version" of GEM http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...ttings-7z.html. In this version i removed the blue color filter. Everything looks fine wih this. But i work on special lightning settings for most of battlefield maps. This may take a while.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast