Thread: Amidst the clamor, Still the best mods for RTW

Default Amidst the clamor, Still the best mods for RTW

Some are now trying to down play old RTW in trying to defend R2TW, but for me, Rome I was all time great. Caesar and his wars are my all time historical favorite. FRRE mods gave me that experience. Whatever comes out of the clamor.. I will stand, the FRRE mods were and still are for me the best.....

Default Re: Amidst the clamor, Still the best mods for RTW

On behalf of the past and present FRRE Team members: thank you very much for the kind words. +Rep.

Finally.. I have been able to recover my account. Thanks for the rep KP although its in the other account.... all three mods are my favorite. TFT, 77BC and most of all 58BC Caesar Imperator.... I hope we can still hear from Salvor too....

NP - I have just transferred the rep to your original account i.e. your current account

I'm embarrased to admit it, but I probably haven't played 58BC since the beta back in the day. I would really, really like to port all these great mods to M2TW, but I also feel that we need to add a little "juice". I'll have my hands full with TFT2 for many months to come, but I hope that we can move the other FRRE mods to M2TW as well. It all depends on interest and modding resources.

You didnt have to KP but Thanks still.... That would be really great to see these mods in a new engine, a new experience. I also help a few with the team when 58BC was still in works. Perhaps when I'm done with my thesis paper, I could study about M2TW modding and be able to help you guys again. I guess R2TW is still not that far modable?

Absolutely - we can study together (when you're done with your thesis, that is). I have made a few adverts in "Modders Classified Adds" (listed in post #3). Please PM me when (and if) you're interested in working on the FRRE mods.

Edit: re Rome 2 moddability: I have followed this discussion for almost a year and I'm pleased to say that I was wrong. Rome 2 seems to be moddable and CA is actually providing the information that we need. Many mods have been released for TWR2 in the last few weeks, but it's just minor tweeks, new units, removal of Capture Flags (very important!) etc. - I'm still not sure if we'll ever see a solid full TWR2 conversion mod. RTR has announced that they are working on it, so that will be interesting to follow.
    Last edited by King Philip II; September 22, 2013 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks very much KP... I have joined the group and looking forward to contribute to the discussions.

Thanks for your answer Octavius. I have problems to send you a private message. Respect of the files of 58 BC mini-mod, nowadays I need other files. Could you send me save files of Caesarīs campaigns in Africa (Thapsus) and Spain (Munda)?. My email is jorge_posa23@hotmail.com . Thanks.

Ok.. I'm not sure about all the files but I think I can remember that I downloaded most of them.. I didn't use 10th's save files because I played my own. My old RTW where 58 BC installed is in an old external hardrive. I'll check on it and update you as soon as I can... Hold on my friend...

Ok, when you want send me the files. Thanks again

This was where I last played with the mini-mod.

My battle of Alesia
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
    Last edited by Octavius Vatco; October 30, 2013 at 01:12 PM.

I bet the new Caesar DLC can't compete with how well the script of 77 and 58BC are..

Atticus-R's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by OCTAVIUS VATCO 22 View Post
    Some are now trying to down play old RTW in trying to defend R2TW, but for me, Rome I was all time great. Caesar and his wars are my all time historical favorite. FRRE mods gave me that experience. Whatever comes out of the clamor.. I will stand, the FRRE mods were and still are for me the best.....

Really is such a great mod.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Hi Octavius Vactor, Nive screenshot you have posted. I also really enjoyed playing FRRE mods and 58BC was always my favourite. BTW. what mini-mod you mean in the post n. 11?

Hello demagogos nicator. I think it's legion X's mini-mod.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

There should be made graphical update for FRRE mods. At least some terrain update and units overhaul. Mod idea was brilliant, but many used solutions was very vanilish (one temple in city per faction, etc). Mod deserves some attention

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, guys.
    Indeed, I think as Hanti, FRRE mods need an update, not only about units, but terrain, gameplay, etc. And I guess this mod deserve it, because is great!
    Regards.-

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

reading Colleen McCullough's Fortune's Favorites made me miss 77bc mod.... Is Buce still around?

Mont's Avatar Tiro
    Townsville(home of the power puff girls) Australia

Back again after some years, and still these mods are my favourites.

It's great to see people are still playing this mod. .. I sure do miss this place.