Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arcade graphical effects removal

Default Re: Arcade graphical effects removal v1.2

Speaking of icons above towers, I always looking for a mod for Shogun 2 to remove the capture point icons above the towers. If you or someone can point me in the right direction for that... otherwise great work on this.

How do you get rid of the red glow effect when selecting army,navy or cities on campaign map, but make it where its just a red line with no glow in the middle? That glow lag my game very badly. Eagle
    I don't know if I can do that, but I will take a look on the files to see if it is possible.

Hey I specificly made an account just to ask you how you got your graphics so low. Im using a comp thats below minimum and am wondering how you did that because it doesnt look like the default low settings. (Sorry if that doesnt make any since)
    Maybe that because I disabled the DirectX 11 rendering in the file “preferences.script.txt”. I had to do that to improve performance.

Speaking of icons above towers, I always looking for a mod for Shogun 2 to remove the capture point icons above the towers. If you or someone can point me in the right direction for that... otherwise great work on this.
    You mean…those icons that change color (yellow/red) according to the owner of the tower? I’m searching for a way to remove them, but I haven’t discovered yet how to do this.

Efix's Avatar Tiro

Hi could you look into the cloud of dust when you build new stuff in a city and the confetti when you have an happy populace.
    Great work +rep

You had to have done something else to make it look like that right? Because your dudes look like practicly stick figures on the screen. Is that really all you did? Please help!

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

flags is for noobs...

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: Arcade graphical effects removal v1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Baleur View Post
    Cant you just remove those capture point icons by turning off the last setting in battle interface settings? (i never tried)

No, I unchecked every single graphic option and they still remain (I always turn everything off, I don't want to see any damn single color neon eyesores, I want to see my units! And the pretty buildings! And the death.... or mercy.

It's mind blowing that there is no option to turn them off. They do usually* go off when you remove the UI (K key by default) but then so does everything else. I want them off permanently. Because I have eyes, that I'm using to play the game with in the first place. And I can see those gates, and those towers just fine.

Actually, the only thing preventing me from seeing the gates and towers is the stupid bright red icons floating in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleur View Post
    Sometimes i just wonder what certain game devs have on their mind.
    "Let's add a glow effect so players have an easier time seeing what they selected, after they already found the army and settlement and clicked on it."
    Because assuming that your players are intelligent enough to know what they clicked on would be too much to ask.
    Yeah, it's rampant foolishness, sugary drinks spazing out all the graphics department interns and a propensity to bling everything up. When those stupid selection clouds and glowing rings appear all they do is obscure the thing you've clicked on.

We bought Total War: Rome II, not Total War: WOW.

Very, very good!

Exists the possibility by removing of the campaign, the graphics arcade also?

- The floating hammers ...
    - Clouds around the fleet (tornado effect???)...

Great job!

+ rep for you Boicote
    Last edited by Philippus; September 12, 2013 at 06:54 AM.

GSB - Grand Strategy Brazil
    A community of
    Lusophone Total War

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Oh yes, let's get rid of the floating hammers, please!
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Hi could you look into the cloud of dust when you build new stuff in a city and the confetti when you have an happy populace.
    Great work +rep
    I’m sure about the dust, but I think it’s possible to remove the confetti. During the next weekend I will take a look on this.

You had to have done something else to make it look like that right? Because your dudes look like practicly stick figures on the screen. Is that really all you did? Please help!
    Yep, that’s all I did. I haven’t changed anything else.

No, I unchecked every single graphic option and they still remain (I always turn everything off, I don't want to see any damn single color neon eyesores, I want to see my units! And the pretty buildings! And the death.... or mercy.

It's mind blowing that there is no option to turn them off. They do usually* go off when you remove the UI (K key by default) but then so does everything else. I want them off permanently. Because I have eyes, that I'm using to play the game with in the first place. And I can see those gates, and those towers just fine.

Actually, the only thing preventing me from seeing the gates and towers is the stupid bright red icons floating in front of them.
    About the red icons, I’m starting to think that they are codified in the building models. If this is true, then it will be necessary to modify those files and, to do that, we need mod tools...

Very, very good!

Exists the possibility by removing of the campaign, the graphics arcade also?

Those hammers flying ...
    Clouds around the fleet ...

Among others??

Great job!

+ rep for you
    Oh yes, let's get rid of the floating hammers, please!
    I’m not sure yet if it’s possible to remove the hammer and the clouds but, as I said previously, during the next weekend I will see what I can do about that.

Yeah, the floating hammers need to die a swift death.

Same with all things "glowy" with settlements.

And the "whirlwind" effect.

Hi Boicote, any ideas on removing the bobbing unit flags on battle map entirely? In RTW you could go into preferences.cfg and put them to false, but doesn't seem possible here. Immediate 400% immersion increase without those. Thanks for the hard work

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Hey Boicote, when I add this to the data folder (as with all my other packs) it errors out, and won't let Mod Manager work.

Basically Mod Manager says, an Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.....not a pack file.

Is anybody else getting this?

Same here... Mod Manager show error with this mod extracted...

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Thank you. Much needed after looking at that crap on the screen.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Hi - enjoying this mod, but, as Border Reiver says, it's causing an exception to Mod Manager.

Mine gives the error message that this pack has an incorrect header of PFH3 and should be PFH4 according to the Mod Manager page. Could you investigate please ?

Thanks.

Unhandled exception in MM here too. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for this, now i feel like its a battle more than ever

Could you make a version without highlithening of the chosen units?

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Thanks for this mod (and making a non Steam version). All those silly glowing symbols are highly distracting and annoying- and I don`t even have unit flags on. This is more for the Campaign map, hopefully it`ll get rid of the glow on Flags in siege flags too. i`d rep if I could.

Doesn't work for me, steam workshop or download here not work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast