Thread: [REQ] Latin voice mod

Default [REQ] Latin voice mod

I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it irritating to hear his ancient Romans speaking a modern Germanic language instead of the language they spoke at the time. Especially coming off from Europa Barbarorum.

And speaking of EB... is it possible to rip the Latin voice files (hell, all the voice files) from that mod and port them to Rome 2?

Can find them here if you have EB installed:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\EB\Data\Sounds

Default Re: [REQ] Latin voice mod

bump

Kymmuriel's Avatar Civis

Bro RTR had that, but the ones that were so greats are he ones from RS2 , awwwwww hearing the gauls pulling they battle warcry charge was epic

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Bump, i'd love to see a mod like this!

Bump, read the rest of sounds, its logistically a nightmare at the moment. BUT

and i mean but

Voice packs SHOULD be abled to be modded, as it is possible to extract the voice wems (compared to the music)

The problem lies in the 400/600/1000 voice sound effects that in that file, are not labeled. Each one is called sjsja10000029991212121273611.wem etc, its just gibberish.

So in order to do this we would to replace EVERY voice sound with a latin voice sound. This would mean that in turn even your egyptians would speak latin, Which is not so unreal i suppose considering a lot of the 'known world' had heard latin by endgame of RTW2.

So its possible, but just this one sound mod would take the better part of a week to do properley, id suggest getting in touch with someone who knows a bit about it, or reading the tutorials here and doing it yourself, as only someone who is into it as much as you will bother.

Good luck with it though!

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Quote Originally Posted by Kymmuriel View Post
    Bro RTR had that, but the ones that were so greats are he ones from RS2 , awwwwww hearing the gauls pulling they battle warcry charge was epic
    Though it is true, I started out in RTR in 2004-2005, where I made only the Latin voice mod (that's my voice). But then I moved on to EB, because the crew in RTR at the time were acting like children. And because I had access to a greater amount of expertise available to me at EB. Ever since then, the voice mod has been an EB thing. I don't think RS2 made their own voice mod, but rather asked us for permission to use the EB one that I organized.

@King_Azzhole did excellent voice acting for the Gauls for EB! "BAZBH! BAZBH! BAZBH!" (slaughter/kill)
    Maybe that's the one you are referring to?

I hope it will be possible to mod the *.wem files, and look forward to what people can do with it.
    But judging on the messy file names, it sounds like someone has to do the monkey-work first, and make a database of the file names

Someone going to the modding summit should ask if it is possible to mod different voices to different factions.
    Last edited by Shigawire; December 02, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Been nearly a year since release now.. any update on if this is possible?

Yeah bringing EB II voices would be one of the greatest additions to Rome II in terms of immersion!!!!

Well as one of the music modders, i am quite comfortable using the audio software they have given us. However CA has not provided us with any of the paths, states or folders for modding voices.

So far as i can see you still could theoretically build a voice pack, but you would have to start from the ground up like CA did, This would take a LOT of dedication

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

I' d really appreciate a mod like this...i studied latin some years ago...so in case you need some help maybe i should be able to help.

I would Love this. EB was a favorite of mine from this wonderful mod. Let the hunt for vocal paths begin....

Quote Originally Posted by ussafish View Post
    I would Love this. EB was a favorite of mine from this wonderful mod. Let the hunt for vocal paths begin....
    I don't think is possible atm. Maybe if someone discovers how wwise works (not for music) it may be, as voice files are in wem format, same with the music ones.

Laetus

You know that there is nobody that speaks ancient Latin anymore it is a death language.
    But it shut be nice if the speak something that looks like that.