Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: CloseCombat CAI BAI v01 (Update 13.02.2015)

Default Re: Close Combat mod

The files edited in the Radious mod are kv_fatigue, kv_morale and kv_naval, the close combat mod edits kv_rules and battle_entitles so in theory they should not conflict and work together.

Ignore that last post, I assume you was talking about his battle mod which in that case I don't know as I am only using the movement mod.

Can you please make this awesome mod Mod Manager compatible? movie packs don't show up on the manager

Fix the phalanx? Do you mean fix the vanilla phalanx, or does this mod somehow interfere with the current phalanx?

Man you should do what Yarkis Personal Battle Mod (True Kill Rate Reduction)!

did . Reducing kill rates for melee . Battles would take about 15 minutes with a 40% reduction plus this mod... And that is perfect !

Quote Originally Posted by Defensore View Post
    Tried your mod Luntik, it seems that my units hold formation even less now; also, the maintain a less cohesive formation when out of battle.
    I believe that was his point... The vanilla units are too tightly packed together and unrealistic. I have not tried this mod yet but if what you say is true it is a welcome addition.

Try putting your units in phalanx mode (or applicable formation) That might put them in a closer formation.

Quote Originally Posted by L0n3w0lf9k View Post

did . Reducing kill rates for melee . Battles would take about 15 minutes with a 40% reduction plus this mod... And that is perfect !

What this man said

I'd like to see edits to Javelins and Slingers. Than this combat mod will be perfect.

Give slingers and archers a little more range then reduce the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunnyOne1125 View Post
    I'd like to see edits to Javelins and Slingers. Than this combat mod will be perfect.

Give slingers and archers a little more range then reduce the damage.
    Yah, they can barely get a shot off, they seem a little useless

This is simply amazing! Remind me of good old Med 2 combats, but much more responsive. Love it!

I love the look of the combat, but most units seem to jiggle around when they move (any Roman units seem to jostle around in their formation when marching places). This is really distracting

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

HateDread, it will also be fixed today.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Luntik View Post
    Close Combat mod

More staginess and longer battle.
    Warriors keep a distance between themselves.
    Enemy unit can retreat and then come back in battle.
    Unit speed reduced.

Instalation: Unpack and place into Rome II data folder.

Good job, sir! One quick question,. Once I unzip your posted file can I simply copy and paste the Close_Combat.pack file in the data folder or does the Close_Combat.pack have to be unpacked? I ask because the unpack file listed further down this thread does not work for me. It seems to be looking for installations of Napoleon tw and empire tw. Thanks in advance!
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Looks great, trying out now.

Quote Originally Posted by L0n3w0lf9k View Post

And what we would have 2 same mods? I prefer this one unit cohesion is the first thing that must be modified in this game and this mod is doing it.

P.S. Can't wait for the update!!!!

does the bug that effects phalanx also effect the roman shield formation?

Luntik's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    Good job, sir! One quick question,...
    Unzip posted file and simply copy and paste the Close_Combat.pack file in the data folder

Puerkl8r, yes.
    Last edited by Luntik; September 08, 2013 at 01:04 AM.

Is there anyway to make the phalanx have 5 pikes pointing foreword (IE having the first five ranks engaging in combat, unlike now how it's just the first 3.)?

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Luntik View Post
    Unzip posted file and simply copy and paste the Close_Combat.pack file in the data folder

Puerkl8r, yes.

Thank you for answering so quickly!
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Lunatik does this mod WORK with RADIOUS MOD?