Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Squalor and Hunger reduction

Default Re: Squalor and Hunger reduction

Thank you so much for this mod! Now I can actually upgrade my cities!

is the AI affected by this also?

Foederatus

Food usage is still quite high when you get into the higher tier buildings, I have been keeping all buildings in my city's/towns at the same tier and there was a huge surplus of food at lower levels but the higher I got the less food there is to go around, it has helped quite a lot but I am still unable to fully upgrade all buildings even with whole provinces dedicated to bringing in food and only 1 province with military recruitment.

That's correct, Veriloquent. This isn't intended to be a "cheat" mod, just give a little more wiggle room. Deciding which provinces to expand and which to use as infrastructure is an important gameplay element I don't mean to remove. If anything, I think the mod is too lenient at the moment.

Foederatus

Well thanks for the great mod anyway, will likely still use it a lot for certain factions who are not as bad for food usage may edit it a little myself tho and cut food usage to half the original number for those factions who are unable to gain as much food such as those away from a port and without the ability to build food producing market buildings. KUTGW you have some awesome mods.

Default Re: [Released!] Squalor reduction mod

I downloaded it and I see a .pack file. I tried to google on how to extract etc but I still dont really get it.
    What should I do to open/extract the .pack file?

I'm fairly new to this, so bare with me xD

Foederatus

Remi you do not extract the .pack file you just place it in your Rome 2 data folder and it should work. location should look something like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data

hi, how can you open and edit the building_effects_junction_tables? I try but I can't see anything.

I have a question.

I am using the mod right now. But is still see -1 or -2 food on several provinces. Is that a wrong message and changes are actually taking place?

It's a reduction, not a cheat. Early and mid-tier buildings require about 2 food each, larger ones 6 or even 8 for the largest (down from 14).

It's a reduction, not a cheat. Early and mid-tier buildings require about 2 food each, larger ones 6 or even 8 for the largest (down from 14).

great mod, is there any chance you could make one that allows you to build the industry chain buildings in minor settlements? I think it would go awesome with this one

Libertus

Great idea and mod implementation. I was wondering though if it could be taken in a different direction of sorts. I have noticed in my 70 plus hours of broken game play that it is not me that needs the help your mod gives but the AI. And it needs more. My thoughts are this, is it possible to remove the food consumption and squalor from the AI completely? Meaning that it is only the human player that has to deal with these issues. I say this only to make the AI more challenging and to help them deal with game mechanics that it is totally unable to process and deal with in the same manner a human player does. I am so tired of seeing dying factions all around me that pose no threat to me or anyone else other than themselves because they are starving. They never grow, thus never become a challenge to fight. And if there is no challenge from the AI there is no Total War. But I digress, the fact settlements are so limited in building slots the AI has to choose; either feed its people (farms), protect its people(barracks), or please its people(temples). Rarely do I come across a rival region that is not all temples or farms. Very few ever have a barracks, thus I fight light armies all the time with my heavy infantry of Rome or Sparta which equals a cake walk or waste of time due to the zero challenge factor. I am looking for something that will help in all three areas. Short of giving barracks buildings both food producing and squalor reducing effects. something has to be done to help the AI out and help build a challenge for the player. Hope this makes sense and sorry for the wall of text. The editing features on this forum make it difficult to post and edit, not sure why... Thanks for your time and thanks again for your mod

cant even download this mod get an attachment.php where nothing happens ^^

I can't download - LB_HalvedSqualorLesssHunger.rar ...
    Takes me to a blank page...
    Gotta have my hungry people 'not that hungry!'
    Incredible Thanks! (if I get to download it)

Quote Originally Posted by pilarearl View Post
    I can't download - LB_HalvedSqualorLesssHunger.rar ...
    Takes me to a blank page...
    Gotta have my hungry people 'not that hungry!'
    Incredible Thanks! (if I get to download it)
    Yes...same here. I have spent about an hour ensuring that it was also NOT at my end that I could NOT download the squalor hunger file

It's working for me right now. Can you guys try again?

Mighty's Avatar Miles

Icon5 Re: Squalor and Hunger reduction

Im having an issue.
    When I click to tax a province, my food number gets reduced, but when I click not to tax a province, my food increases
    I only have the squalor mod not the hunger one.

I have no idea what that's about. This mod doesn't touch any game logic, however, it only reduces the vanilla values. You probably have a law or character having effect when your province is taxed.

Does the mod work with the new patch?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast